Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Which 2005 in-line 4 litre bike - Big 4 only.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Which litre bike would you choose? I'm only talking about the 2005 big four....R1, GSXR1000, ZX10R, Blade
R1
11%
 11%  [ 9 ]
GSXR1000
39%
 39%  [ 31 ]
ZX10R
32%
 32%  [ 25 ]
BLADE
16%
 16%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 78

Author Message

Valver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:27 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Which 2005 in-line 4 litre bike - Big 4 only. Reply with quote

I'm just about to splash out on a new (2005) Black ZX10R and was wondering what everyones favourite 2005 litre in-line4 is and why?

Last edited by Valver on 15:41 - 04 Nov 2005; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:28 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

zx10r mate. Thumbs Up

They fooked up the gsxr since 2001/2, the yamaha r1 is okay and the blade is a stubby looking piece of crap.

2005 ZX10R. The 2006 one looks rotten though! Has to be in black.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:30 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

2005 ZX10R. Because I like the look/atitude of the thing.

Silly reason I know, but I'd never be able to determine the exact advantages/disadvantages the other models have to offer; not on the road anyway.

And I don't do a lot of track riding.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

innominate
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:33 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK

Opinion of someone who's not into sportsbikes.


Blade - Looks a bit dull
Suzuki - Everyone has one
R1 - My workmate keeps banging on about it ALL DAY & he is a twat
ZX10R - I actually quite like it
____________________
I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. Here I am the customs agent. I am the coast-guard. I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

johnsilva
Traffic Copper



Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:34 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

zx-10r 2004/5
in green (cos green ones are faster!)


John
____________________
Current Bikes: ZX7R P5; KR1S C2; GPX250R F3
Previously: CBR400RR-R; YQ50 Aerox
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Collier
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 29 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:56 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX10r in Green or black... pref green though!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Valver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:00 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to like the Blade but it's just too docile and for a thou, its just too dame easy to ride! The R1 is pretty sweet but i don't know.....it's just not me. The GSXR which is the only one i've not done many miles on (two test rides in the pissin rain), it feels like a great bike but the rear end and headlight are just so bloody ugly!

So its gotta be the ZX10R for me! I love the way the power bites, feels like if you rubbed it the wrong way it would spit you off. The induction note sends a shiver up my spine and it's just so sexy in black! Looks like it would bite yer hand off! Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Josh|RD125LC
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:32 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

FZR1000 Genesis. Thumbs Up

Or a Z1000. Very Happy

But out of that list, I would say CBR1000.
____________________
Honda MBX50 | Yamaha RD125LC | Suzuki RG125F Lucky Strike | Suzuki GSF600S
RD125LC Pictures
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:48 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, what can I say. Rolling Eyes

I see we have some truly well formed opinions as usual. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dilly
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 16 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:27 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

would only consider either the gixer 1000 or the zx10...can't go wrong with any of them 2 Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

X-man
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 27 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:31 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX10R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:32 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX10r, beautiful bike. Think this one's a 2004 though.

And holy christ can they shift! Shocked

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Snake Eyes
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:49 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not been riding long so my opinion probably aint worth much, but I ride a CBR 600 F at the moment, and I absolutely love it. hence why I would go for the Blade Thumbs Up
____________________
**************Honda CBR 600 FR***********
Just another day in paradise - Enjoy it while it lasts
www.brain-ache.co.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
anders This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

kb-zxr
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 01 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:22 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drooling Drooling Drooling

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=24959

But I would consider a Yamaha R1. And the M1 of course Cool


Last edited by kb-zxr on 18:24 - 04 Nov 2005; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Valver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:23 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siggi wrote:
Blade. It's "easy to ride" because it's been designed and assembled by the best (which makes it the best). Thumbs Up


I agree in a sense but.......at what point does 'easy to ride' become 'boring to ride'?
Boring is maybe going too far but i like a bike to scare me a little!
I took my mates Blade out for a 300mile run last summer and found myself going quicker into bends than i could on my TL but without the thrill.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Valver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:31 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point Siggi! Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
anders This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Valver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:45 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed how far behind the R1 is just now! If i'd posted this back in 1998 with GSXR1000, 900 Blade, ZX9R and R1 i'm sure it would be a different story. Red and white early R1s are lush!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
anders This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Reevo8
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:09 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSXR1000 is all the mags have talked about. Supposed to be one hell of a fast well handling bike. I would much rather a GSXr than any other '05 superbike. With a racefit exhaust too of course!
____________________
05 ZX10R, (**05 WKR) Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

numark1
Scared of girls



Joined: 10 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:18 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will always love the R1. Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:31 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

valver wrote:
Good point Siggi! Thumbs Up


Reassuringly boring. I know you'd never buy a honda!!! Very Happy

"Built by the best" Psshhh... Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
anders This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

EllioTT_GiXXeR
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 02 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:34 - 04 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have the ZX10R or the R1

Dont like the Gixxer1000 in 05 and the blade seems dull for some reason.
____________________
www.gixerjunkies.net www.gixerjunkies.net www.gixerjunkies.net www.gixerjunkies.net
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 335 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 1.05 - MySQL Queries: 15 - Page Size: 126.67 Kb