Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


ZXR400 L3 storage space for Locks etc??

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Yoshi
Traffic Copper



Joined: 05 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:40 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: ZXR400 L3 storage space for Locks etc?? Reply with quote

Hi,

I don't really bother with the Aprilia as I don't leave it in town very often, but when I leave the ZXR next year i want to have it chained up, disclocked etc. but where can I store them on the bike when I'm riding.

Are there any spaces under the seat or something?

Also what alarm would you recommend, I don't want fancy stuff like remote starting (what is the point really? oh look at me I started my bike without going near it fnarr fnarr! Unless it is a 2t then you can warm it up I suppose, you could also scare people who walk past it!) I just want it to go off when people fuck around with it, try sitting on it etc.

Thanks,
Matt Wink

edit: If the alarm etc will lower my insurance that is Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
____________________
Present: GS650 Katana - Getting ready for summer touring!
Past: TS50, RS50, ZXR400, LT80, TS250
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:06 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my ZXR250, it can happily take a 50 quid chain and lock in the passenger seat and if you're willing to whip out the toolcase, you can have a disk lock (oxford titan style ones) in lieu of the tools. I have an immobiliser on my bike which is actually mounted beneath the tank and situated within the wiring loom. So i can only assume it's marginally bigger on the ZXR400 then.

Get an Accumen 911 for something decent and good value, or a datatool system will also work, but you're talking about 200 quid. My datatool immobiliser came with the bike so it was essentially free.

HTH
____________________
The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:24 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's quite a bit of space under the ZXR400 seat to be honest! compared to most sports bikes anyway.. !
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

riichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:00 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

take this little plastic thingy from under the seat and there is room for a chain... Mr. Green Thumbs Up


glad your going for the zxr400 Thumbs Up
____________________
.......... PLOD ............ zx636 2004
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Yoshi
Traffic Copper



Joined: 05 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:42 - 05 Nov 2005    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, I've looked under the pillion seat but not the main seat, I'll have a look there. Probably enough space under the pillion for a disc lock and chain(and some sarnies!!).

Where is the Tool kit? Under the main seat?


riichy- I've already got one, 1993 Red! Very Happy

Matt Thumbs Up
____________________
Present: GS650 Katana - Getting ready for summer touring!
Past: TS50, RS50, ZXR400, LT80, TS250
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 334 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 2.41 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 44.91 Kb