Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Theory

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:30 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Theory Reply with quote

Just booked my theory and I'm already scared stiff. Surely this isn't normal. I bet I'll fail. Sad

Oh no. Rolling Eyes

Any hints and tips you guys wants to give me?

Cheers, ride safe,

Karma Joe Karma
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Groove
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:32 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are the odds on failing??



Mr. Green

nah, jus kidding. revise and its as good as passed Thumbs Up
____________________
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:34 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

What date is your theory?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:35 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't revise and it's as good as passed as well. Razz

Don't worry about it Phantom, the theory tests are about as easy as it gets. They're also incredibly pointless. Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

darrenh
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:35 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet I'll fail.
----------------------------------


no faith at all ! just like school revise and your be fine, i think if you have a negotive attitude to anything your fail Thumbs Up


Last edited by darrenh on 00:37 - 08 Nov 2005; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:36 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

My theory date is in my sig. I can't remember it so I got it written down Razz

Cheers guys feel better already. Off for sleep, any more tips well taken Smile Karma
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

darrenh
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:40 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

any tips

-take your time and read through the question again and again if you aint sure but dont take 2 long lol
-get there nice any early so your ready
-get an early night so you aint tired so your brain functions easily lol
- FINALLY just chill and relax
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:42 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm, the theory test is a piece of piss... Common sense really.

Hazard Perception is a tiny bit harder, it's exactly the same as car Hazard Perception, so any materials you can get for that will apply to your bike theory.

You basically need to click when you see a hazard, and then click again when it develops into something that has to make you change course or slow down (For example, see cyclist, click once, cyclist swerves, click again)

And the speed you react to the developing hazard is marked on a sliding scale (5 points for spotting it early, 1 point for narrowly avoiding death)

There are 14 video clips, and one developing hazard in each (Don't worry if you click on others, you won't be marked down for clicking on soemthing that isn't a developing hazard so it's best to click on anything you think is a hazard)

Apart from one clip, there are 2 developing hazards on it.

Good luck! Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:49 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

darrenh wrote:

- FINALLY just chill and relax


https://browndailysqueal.com/features/archives/spliff%20-%20bob%20marley.jpg

Mr. Green Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mchaggis
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:09 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

darrenh wrote:
- FINALLY just chill and relax


Yeh, it might help you pass if you've had any previous on-road experience which means you spot the glaringly obvious hazards before the scoring window opens. Rolling Eyes
____________________
I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

romperstomper...
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:12 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie_biker wrote:
Don't revise and it's as good as passed as well. Razz

Don't worry about it Phantom, the theory tests are about as easy as it gets. They're also incredibly pointless. Rolling Eyes


there only easy if you know the answers !
____________________
Yeah I know !
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:15 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was only kidding.

I would recommend some sort of preparation, but most are 'common sense' questions.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes



Joined: 02 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:27 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get bored during your hazard perception, i did on my first one and failed by 4. My concentration span is terrible.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ISLAND GIRL
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:15 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont worry really. I had mine two weeks ago and got all 35 correct! Not so well on the hazard but I did get a pass and thats what matters but then I never got any practice on that part.
I too was a nervous wreck that morning but knew in my mind I was capable, after all I had read four books! I think you will be pleasantly surprised and I expect to see you post again here to say you have past with flying colours Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:46 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ladies and gentleman, your advice is greatly appreciated. I will do ok on the theory, it's just the hazard perception is getting me worried as I didn't quite know what to expect. The training part on the CD doesn't work on my PC so I'm at a disadvantage, I'm sure it'll be ok. I have had road training and been on my bike out and about for over 6 months so it should be alright Very Happy

And if I fail I can always retake, got all the time in the world Thumbs Up Very Happy

Thanks again,

Karma Joe Karma
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

romperstomper...
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:04 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

phantomtek wrote:
. I have had road training and been on my bike out and about for over 6 months so it should be alright Very Happy



the hazard perception has nothing to do with road experience its about how lucky you are with your mouse clicking Thumbs Down

Don't click more than about 8 times in each clip ,and click a few times with each hazard !
Good luck dude !
____________________
Yeah I know !
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:07 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The theory test i got was all easy questions & none of those motorway stud ones but i was 1 away from a fail!

The hazard perception i was worried about as i could only revise for 3 that's on the disc, I just clicked 4 times for each hazard i saw, But some come really late in the clip so it has you worried you missed it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Groove
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:12 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 times?

you can click as many times as you want!

Just as long as you dont continuosly click and it thinks your trying to cheat. In that case you get 0 points for that section.
____________________
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

R4nger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:32 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy the CD-ROM, revise it all and take the test.

Last word.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Biker-Kev
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 01 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:03 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have got to buy the Hazard Perception cd-rom. You have little or no chance of passing with no experience of the cd.

I am not saying you cant do it, but because you really have to click when the software developer sees that hazard.

All the best for the day Thumbs Up

Kev
____________________
Zhongyu ZY50, Aprilia SR50, Motorhispania RX50, Aprilia RS125, Honda VFR400 nc24 and my corsa
https://www.bikepics.com/members/bikerkev/
Theory: Passed 8/11/2005 Practical: Passed 13/12/2005 Proud holder of A2 license
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:22 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Kev. This is what I have, to use for revision etc.

https://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0001LOT3M.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Thanks again Thumbs Up

I just had another go on the test, I got 31 Very Happy and I ace the online ones.

Karma
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

romperstomper...
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:19 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groovearmada wrote:
8 times?

you can click as many times as you want!

Just as long as you dont continuosly click and it thinks your trying to cheat. In that case you get 0 points for that section.


no you can't Thumbs Down

I wasnt clicking continuously and on the last clip after a previous hazard a truck was coming towards me and I clicked twice and was told on screen " your scored zero for that clip"

I still passed by the skin of my teeth !
____________________
Yeah I know !
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

romperstomper...
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:43 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Biker-Kev** wrote:
You have got to buy the Hazard Perception cd-rom. You have little or no chance of passing with no experience of the cd.
Thumbs Up

Kev


I had the dvd one and it was pants ,sent it back for a refund !
____________________
Yeah I know !
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Old Geeza
Back in my day...



Joined: 25 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:55 - 08 Nov 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie_biker wrote:
...They're also incredibly pointless. Rolling Eyes


Only if you believe you're invincible and are determined to be a complete tit-head on the road, with no regards to other road users or pedestrians.

Millions of others use the roads too, ya know Rolling Eyes

That's the idea of the test Thumbs Up



____________________
Horse Power was safer when the Horses had it!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
The Old Geeza This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 330 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.6 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 133.78 Kb