 thx1138 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Oct 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 14:36 - 08 Dec 2005 Post subject: I had an excellent day yesterday, found a new backroad. |
 |
|
Still riding my ickle 125 everywhere, rode from Bedford to St.Neots yesterday, it was a nice sunny day, I was just going to Tesco's, but I just decided to keep on going, just because.
Had a hard time finding a motorcycle parking bay - eventually found one in Tebutts Road car park - basically a shopping trolley bay, with M-Bike written across half of it.
Anyway, did some shopping, found a burger van, and there was a very nice lady running it, who didn't mind changing a large note for just a cup of coffee. She and her husband are both bikers, and told me about a shortcut from St.Neots to Sandy.
I went round the houses, on a confusingly spiralled one way system, with modern cobbles, and a distinct lack of sign posts (I get the feeling that the local authority don't really want people to go that way), to get on the road she told me about. When I finally found it, was great. Went through the middle of Little Barford power station!!
I've lived in Beds for over six years now, and I never even knew it was there. It ran parrallel to the A1, but didn't go on to it.
Anyway, it's nice that someone took the trouble to be helpful to me, and tell me about it. I had a great couple of hours just riding about with nothing particular to do yesterday.
Hoping to trade my chinese Honda clone in for a proper Honda 250 in the summer. |
|
 feef Energiser Bunny

Joined: 11 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:50 - 08 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
in the nicer weather, you should head up to the Marina in Huntingdon on Tuesday nights.. big bike night up there then.
Lots of good roads around here. I'm in cambridge atm, but am moving to St Neots, hopefully within the next week.
a ____________________ Mudskipper wrote: feef, that is such a beautiful post that it gave me a lady tingle
Windchill calculator - London Bike parking
Blog and stuff - PlentyMoreFish dating |
|