Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


I been busy - Stage 1 complete (see page 2)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:30 - 10 Dec 2005    Post subject: I been busy - Stage 1 complete (see page 2) Reply with quote

Cleaning and replacing bits and bobs on the Blade.

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/whers84/DSC00692.jpg

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/whers84/DSC00689.jpg

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/whers84/DSC00694.jpg

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/whers84/DSC00686.jpg

Sorry about the cr*p quality, flash wasn't working. More pics tomorrow as I (hopefully) finish off the job. Then onto Dynojet kit installation along with Iridium plugs...

...then putting this back on:

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/whers84/yoke.jpg

...and installing the Hell braided lines/sintered pads...

then I can make room for the new rear shock, fork rebuild and change of tyres...

...and then the......


Last edited by craigs23 on 10:05 - 12 Mar 2006; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Groove
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:34 - 10 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then?

Razz


Looking good, although it did when you got it! Very Happy
____________________
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Lee_367
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 22 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:12 - 10 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work, got any pics of the yoshi fitted?
____________________
?It?s mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack?not rationality.?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:32 - 10 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet, only managed to fit the system by about 6 this evening, still needs a quick polish and the fairing put back on - hopefully I'll get some of the finished task tomorrow.

The Blade was very clean to start with, but there'll always be areas on it that require my 'specially attention'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Going2fast
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:06 - 11 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love how you look after your bikes craig Thumbs Up
Your RVF was beautiful, just used to look at mine and go 'what if'

Anyways beautiful work to the Blade, best blade if im honest.
____________________
Passed My Test 15/03/05 Very Happy Very Happy
BikePics Profile ||| 96' RVF 400 ||| 01' CBR 600 F Sport ||| 2009 Yamaha YZF-R6 Delivered 23/06/09
/-\ndy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:19 - 11 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers G2F Thumbs Up

All back together now, bit foggy out so contrast isn't as it should be, still need to polish the end can, but hopefully gives a good idea:

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/whers84/DSC00702.jpg

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/whers84/DSC00695.jpg

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/whers84/DSC00701.jpg

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/whers84/DSC00699.jpg

Still so much more to do....
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:13 - 11 Dec 2005    Post subject: Re: I been busy Reply with quote

Looks acceptable in a 'never ridden' kind of way.

I will change my mind when HRC logos appear Smile Razz.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:24 - 11 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, I've kinda taken it off the road for the winter - now cycling to work Confused

Still, the Odo says 35k, not sure how many of them were in the wet, although I did find a small build up of road grime behind the front sprocket cover...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

oneil sg1
Nova Slayer



Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:46 - 11 Dec 2005    Post subject: clean! Reply with quote

Groovearmada wrote:
And then?

Razz


Looking good, although it did when you got it! Very Happy


Thanks.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Numb Nuts
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 04 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:05 - 11 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus christ thats a tidy bike!! no way could you ride it, id fear getting it dirty lol

Awesome machine mate, im very envious Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DynaMight
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:34 - 11 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, reminds me when I got my ZX6R, It had 12,000miles but was totally spotless like that, I'm pretty sure it had never seen rain before (It has now though Smile )
____________________
My bikes are at https://www.bikepics.com/members/dynamight/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

oneil sg1
Nova Slayer



Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:43 - 11 Dec 2005    Post subject: craigs blade Reply with quote

You might like to know she,s 13 years old as well. Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:59 - 11 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now look what you made me do, accidently won this.

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/whers84/0f_1_b.jpg

Wow, my first aftermarket shock and I haven't even powdercoated the wheels yet (see, I can do priorities (anyone know of an Ohlins gold colour match?)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

owdamer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:51 - 18 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you get it soooo clean?? I've seen new bikes in showrooms with more dirt than that!. Those linkages are spotless, what did you clean em with?
The ohlins will make a huge difference. I got one in my loft. As soon as I have the cash its off to Kais to be serviced then I can put it back where it belongs. They're a 100% improvement on the standard ones!.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:07 - 19 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, alot of the work had been done by the bike's long list of previous owners - I'm the most recent in what appears to be a long line of compulsive cleaners...

There are a few parts that have required my speciallist attention - the engine block and front downpipes being the most recent. I kinda pride myself about keeping bikes in good, useable conditions - something that's been progressing since my 400/4 days when I restored a 1978 Honda to somewhere near its former glory.

As mentioned, I'm in a progress of going over the bike and restoring/cleaning areas of concern - I've quite a collection of cleaning materials and substances to keep everything fresh. Autoglym Motorcycle Cleaner works wonders when the bike needs a wash down after a ride - worked well on the undersides of the frame, swingarm, engine block, linkages, etc. Although they'll be dismantled soon and cleaned properly once the rebuilt Ohlins is in place.

Thinking of getting the forks done to match, hopefully reap a few rewards from my efforts.

Cheers Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m i k e
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:28 - 20 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig, I can't help but love how clean/pristine you manage to keep your bikes! I always look forward to hear/see further progress on this blade like I always did with your RVF, so for the love of god please hurry up and gimme some more pictures! Razz

Mike Very Happy
____________________
Bom Chicka WAHHH WAHHHHHHH!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:36 - 20 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, some inspirational comments there Thumbs Up

I can only work on the bike at the weekends (well, finish work tomorrow for Christmas) and the last weekend was spent making non-cosmetic modifications (rejet, new plugs, etc (although they did look nice when being installed, plus I got to give the airbox/back of the engine/carbs/underside of the tank a bit of a clean)).

The Ohlins is at Kais at the moment, braided lines still in their packaging and the bike hasn't got a top yoke on at the moment, so a few bits that can keep me busy for a couple of days.

Won an original Fireblade toolkit on Ebay last night to add too.

More to follow soon.....
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
anders This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

dodsi
Dirty Carny



Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:03 - 20 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I keep my bikes clean. but that is insane!

Its not an ornament!!!

One of my mates does 20K+ miles a year on his bike and keeps it nearly as clean as yours.

An Impressive feat non the less.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ISLAND GIRL
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:48 - 20 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig, your bike looks well clean......you dont fancy coming round to my house do you and doing my housework Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:06 - 21 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get asked that quite a bit I.G., no idea why Confused

Annual mileage on my bikes averages a little over 15,000 miles, this winter's the first that I haven't used a bike to commute on - as there's no reason for me to do so. Kinda miss it, as I only get to ride the odd weekend, if I'm not working that is. My RVF last year was different - had the pleasure of riding that in the snow on a few occasions - the bike did turn out to be a bit of a hack though.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

oneil sg1
Nova Slayer



Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:10 - 21 Dec 2005    Post subject: blade Reply with quote

Looks to me,that the previous owner was old,n grey and never rode it.
I,d love one just like it!
Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:09 - 21 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Wink

New stainless can sleeve arrived today, I'm going to have some fun.

Finished work for Christmas as well, let the cleaning comence.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:09 - 22 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sprucing continues; had the back end of the fairing off to start replacing the brake hoses with stainless braided items (which I never got round to fitting in the end Confused ) and decided to clean up the Blade's boot space.

From Mmmmmmmm, mucky:

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/whers84/DSC00716.jpg

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/whers84/DSC00715.jpg

To clean and fresh (smells nice too):

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/whers84/DSC00718.jpg

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/whers84/DSC00725.jpg

Luckily, all this work is so apparent when viewing the bike once it's together Wink

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/whers84/DSC00728.jpg

(Note lack of mahoosive hugger, courtesy of new spruced secondhand original chainguard (love that old skool swingarm))
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:43 - 23 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the Postman a good chap, he kindly delivered this to me today:

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/whers84/toolkit.jpg

Naturally, I cleaned them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 286 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.12 Sec - Server Load: 1.09 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 130.63 Kb