|
|
| Author |
Message |
| stivh |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stivh Two Stroke Sniffer

Joined: 19 May 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DucatiEVO |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DucatiEVO Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 02 Sep 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:41 - 17 Jan 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I used to use it on my bike, but if you get the stuff wet and don't allow it to dry itself out, then it will cause your stock pipes to rust after a period of time.
Tis fine in an engine bay as that's out of the elements. I'll be using it for the manifolds on my truck.
Stuff isn't cheap though, Thermotech Copperwrap is something like £60+ for 2" wide, in a 50ft length (which doesn't go far as you need to overlap the stuff). ____________________ aKa: Ducky |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| loply |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 loply World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Mar 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:41 - 17 Jan 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Personally, I think my exhaust works fine as it is. If I ever wanted extra power, I dont imagine thats where Id begin.
I'm of the oppinion that if youre going to do something, do it properly. 1 or 3 dubious horsepower here or there for £50 and an afternoons work is wasted energy imo - On the other hand, new cams, a rebore or nitrous most definately wouldnt be  ____________________ Yamaha SZR660 Caution to the wind, the throttle pinned! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DucatiEVO |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DucatiEVO Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 02 Sep 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:49 - 17 Jan 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I don't do it for power, I do it to keep the heat in the pipes and not roasting everything in the engine bay!  ____________________ aKa: Ducky |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MikeH |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MikeH Brolly Dolly

Joined: 10 Dec 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:21 - 17 Jan 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
The original American Hotrodders used to use it on their choppers but that's the only time I've heard of it being used on a bike.
As for water getting on it and rotting the exhaust given the temp of the pipes it'll dry out in a few minutes so I don't see it being a big problem although it's probably not worth it for the extra .0001 hp you might get  ____________________ Busa Junkie |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 258 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|