Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


R6 is going

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

zx636
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:43 - 20 Jan 2006    Post subject: R6 is going Reply with quote

I have finally decided to trade in the R6. One year on after my accident my shoulder is still giving me problems, even after all the physio, and I find riding a sportsbike for more than half an hour a real pain. So off goes a 1yr old, mint R6 with only 2000 miles on the clock, yep thats all I managed since last January.

I have been using a friends z1000 while he is on holiday at her majestys pleasure and I find the riding position fine but the 1000 is real OTT. It just begs you to be a nutter.

I have tested the 600 fazer, 650 bandit, hornet and the z750 and am going for the z750 as it seemed to suit my riding style better.
So its ordered and I am picking it up next Saturday. Its a 2006 and I got over £600 off the price.

anyone here riding a Z750?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LustyLew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:53 - 20 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you're losing the R6. Nice bikes, but I guess if it's not comfortable, there's no point in just looking at it.

I considered the z750 when I wrote the ER5 off, but I got a Bandit instead.

I like the look and the engine size would probably suit me a bit better. I'm now gunning for a GSX1400. Twisted Evil

Hope you enjoy the Kwak!
____________________
Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:53 - 20 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like the look of them myself, what colour?

I saw a 1000 and 750 in a showroom today, the 1000 had a much nicer finish to it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

zx636
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:15 - 20 Jan 2006    Post subject: z750 Reply with quote

I am sorry to see the R6 go but there is no point in having it if i cant ride it.

I have opted for the black Z750, I didnt like the silver, looked naff and as for orange..... Pity they dont do the 750 in the 1000 titanium colour as that does look good. I think its the 1000's pipes and polished wheels that make the finish look better.

I found the 750's only downside was the front forks but then only if you were really pushing it and the rear suspension is a bit hard and needs winding down a bit if you dont want to leave the seat at every bump in the road. The front forks can actually be replaced with 636 forks so something to think about if it bothers me that much.
The power delivery is great and where its needed, certainly didnt need as much changing throught the box as the R6 but then its horses for courses i suppose.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:34 - 20 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you make of the seat? It's the only thing I've read bad about the bike really, claims of it being uncomfortable and pushing you into the tank.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

zx636
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:54 - 20 Jan 2006    Post subject: seat. Reply with quote

Coming from a sportsbike, especially the R6 ,I found no problem with the seat at all even after almost 2 hours. I could actually walk.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

syl
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:01 - 20 Jan 2006    Post subject: Re: R6 is going Reply with quote

zx636 wrote:
I have tested the 600 fazer, 650 bandit, hornet and the z750 and am going for the z750 as it seemed to suit my riding style better. So its ordered and I am picking it up next Saturday. Its a 2006 and I got over £600 off the price.

anyone here riding a Z750?


I've got a 2006 z750s - I wanted the fairing even though it looks better without (but I hate the digital rev counter on yours).
____________________
Current bike: Kawasaki Z750S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 267 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.36 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 52.41 Kb