Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


restrictions affect on fuel

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

ISLAND GIRL
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:59 - 30 Jan 2006    Post subject: restrictions affect on fuel Reply with quote

Having had my hornet 600 restricted to 33bhp would it have any effect on the consumption of my fuel does anyone know, what I mean is exactly does the bike use more fuel with it being restricted? Since I have no fuel guage I have been going by my mileage and was informed that I should go about 100 - 110 miles on a tank but yesterday I nipped out and it died on just 91, had to flick over to reserve, was not expecting it so early on. Would it be more fuel efficient if it were not restricted (not that I am taking it out yet)
____________________
Live on the Isle of Wight and ride a CBR600F
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jrod
Page 3 Girl



Joined: 02 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:16 - 30 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the restrictors just stop as much fuel going into the engineat full throttle. In a sense it's just like not being to open the throttle all the way.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:41 - 30 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope as Jordan said.

The one major drawback to a hornet. Sad

I managed 78.8 to reserve once.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ISLAND GIRL
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:01 - 30 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

But was that on restricted Instigator as I thought the hornet did about 100 - 110 on a full tank as earlier posted here couple of wks back?
OH says it could be that I dont go for long runs, just to work and back then to the shops??
____________________
Live on the Isle of Wight and ride a CBR600F
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:05 - 30 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it could be the short journeys.

Jay said he got 110-120 miles, I hardly ever got anywhere near that, except once where I got 118 miles or so but that was with bp optimax in. Thumbs Up

Hornets...bloody useless. I did say it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ISLAND GIRL
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:29 - 30 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am gonna put it down to the short journeys and constantly changing gears then, would not of brought anything else still as on the whole the hornet gets a good write up especially for new riders like moi, cheers Thumbs Up
____________________
Live on the Isle of Wight and ride a CBR600F
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 252 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.8 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 46.45 Kb