Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


To hugger or not to hugger? That is the question...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

pjones_po
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:30 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: To hugger or not to hugger? That is the question... Reply with quote

All,

When I bought my Gixxer back in Sept, the first thing I did was fit a colour coded hugger as well as R&G's etc. I did the hugger mainly for style but of late ive been wondering if I like it or not, especially since fitting the undertray...

Any thoughts? I just cant make up my mind - Yes I am an indecisive tw*t lol

https://www.pauljonesbikes.org/upload/pics/hugger.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

V4
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:32 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it, i have an undertray and i wish i had a hugger on Crying or Very sad

It looks a bit in your face as it's all white but, think of the undertray, and the rear shock Thumbs Up

LEON
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:34 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks better with Cool
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

jay_666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:36 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the hugger. I don't understand why bikes don't come with them as standard? Confused
____________________
CBT - Done | Theory - Passed | Test - 4th Oct [PASSED!]
https://www.bikepics.com/members/jay666/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

biker-dj
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 10 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:38 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it - I actually like the hugger in white. I did have my reservations abouts huggers but my Kwak has got one and I like it Thumbs Up
____________________
Ride with the music!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:45 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Keep the hugger. I don't understand why bikes don't come with them as standard?


Took some pics of my bike today and just realised that I have no hugger, I have a suspision that part of a chain guard has snapped off, or removed, may be with the hugger?

I feel naked now Embarassed

I want one Cool
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:17 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut that hugger down, that thing is waaaaaaaay big. Compare it to the hugger on an R1. If you don't like the look of it, then paint it black. It'll blend in, and you'll still stop the undertray and shock getting plastered with rubbish.

Jack
____________________
www.bikepics.com/members/jackcheese <--- NOW FOR SALE! 51 Plate Cagiva Planet 125
Quacker_boy: "Jack, you really are a dick!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:26 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

jay_666 wrote:
Keep the hugger. I don't understand why bikes don't come with them as standard? Confused


My thoughts exactly, another way to get more money. Crying or Very sad
____________________
Current: 2019 Yamaha T7 -> 2015 KTM Superduke R | 2000 Yamaha R1 Past -> 2009 KTM 990 SM -> 2005 kawasaki ZX10r -> 2000 Honda CBR 600 FY -> 2002 Honda XLV 125 Varadero
Bike Pics! -> My Photography Website
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:10 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont have a hugger on my gixxer, it looks better without, but gives you wet ankles if it rains.
go for a smaller hugger or cut that one down.
____________________
Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

GSXR_Warrior
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:14 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 'carbon' hugger on my gixxer. Not quite so 'in yer face' as the white one.
____________________
GSXR600K4 Blue - fastest colour. No mods as yet. Happy with standard bike.
www.twitter.com/GSXR_Warrior
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:21 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the hugger off my bike as it was to bulbourous and ugly. Huggers give a lot of necessary protection but I think they should be discreet and not too obvious; hence why factory fit ones look so much better.

Now looking for a 'slimline' hugger for my bike. If I can't find one, it's staying off.

Think the Gsxr's will look better in black.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

palmer
Fiddled Kiddy



Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:31 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with wave, it would look 10 times better as a stubby hugger, also paint it black Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Cillit-BANG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:39 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say nay.

It looks way too big, and reminds me of that bizarre squash type game where you strap something very similar looking to your hand, and lob a small hard ball at a wall to your opponent Exclamation
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pjones_po
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:20 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm cheers for the comments folks, as for it being big I agree but I cant justify spending that sort of wedge changing it for another one just for the hell of it.

Anyone any good with photoshop able to change it to black for me so I can judge how it'll look?

Pwetty pwease? lol
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

michael j
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:24 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

A black hugger would look better IMO( like mine Laughing )
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Raffles_Gentleman Thug
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 02 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:30 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cillit-BANG wrote:
I have to say nay.

It looks way too big, and reminds me of that bizarre squash type game where you strap something very similar looking to your hand, and lob a small hard ball at a wall to your opponent Exclamation


Jai-Alai?

don't they play that in jackass, they have professional players throw oranges at them. genius.

I want a hugger for my GSX-R but i cant find one the right colour.
____________________
"Is sir addressing me or is he masticating on a house brick? Because either way sir loses his teeth."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fruit'n'nut
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:16 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjones_po wrote:

Anyone any good with photoshop able to change it to black for me so I can judge how it'll look?




https://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/DrNick_1977/hugger.jpg



Regardless of colour, I'd leave the hugger on just to help keep the road crap off the back of the bike.
____________________
Power Ranger Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fruit'n'nut
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:19 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miraclefish wrote:

I want a hugger for my GSX-R but i cant find one the right colour.



... but according to your profile, your bike has a custom paint job. Why not buy any hugger, and get it painted to match? Question
____________________
Power Ranger Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:20 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah keep it on m8, stops the crap going every where.
____________________
Current: 2019 Yamaha T7 -> 2015 KTM Superduke R | 2000 Yamaha R1 Past -> 2009 KTM 990 SM -> 2005 kawasaki ZX10r -> 2000 Honda CBR 600 FY -> 2002 Honda XLV 125 Varadero
Bike Pics! -> My Photography Website
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mchaggis
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:37 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hugger in white looks really silly, but it is a very good idea. Get a black one, or spray that one black.
____________________
I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:04 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw the first pic I didn't like it, but it looks better with it than without.

Those looking at getting huggers make sure you get a good one. I've had 2 mates buy huggers. One on an SRAD 600, and one on an R6. Neither of them fitted well enough.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:05 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the hugger mate,but I agree to going black with it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fruit'n'nut
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:17 - 05 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazdaman wrote:

Those looking at getting huggers make sure you get a good one. I've had 2 mates buy huggers. One on an SRAD 600, and one on an R6. Neither of them fitted well enough.




Further to what he said ...

I shopped about after being unimpressed with the finish of the huggers I saw in the shops; rough edges and a generally "cheap" look - I ended up buying an Ermax hugger - it fits perfectly and is well-finished.
____________________
Power Ranger Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:46 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the "colour matched" hugger for the R6 was far from the right shade of blue.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MattyB
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:49 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgive my non-bike knowledge knowings - the hugger is that white wheel guard?

i personally don't like it, but i'd live with it if it were black
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 241 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 2.28 - MySQL Queries: 15 - Page Size: 127.75 Kb