Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Back on two wheels!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
 Topic moved: from to General Bike Chat by Korn (7 Feb 2006 - 23:57)
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Mister James
I want to believe!



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:06 - 07 Feb 2006    Post subject: Back on two wheels! Reply with quote

Well, I finally plucked up the courage today to get the scooter re-insured and have a little pootle around town to get my nerve back.

I enjoyed it so much I threw caution to the wind, packed a shirt and tie and rode the 15 miles across London to work to show my face and see what the score is about coming back!

My areox 100 is in tire need of a service, but I had a fair bit of fun, and it felt great considering I was seriously worried about being able to get back on a bike - mentally and physically. Luckily on the physical side, the scooter weighs less than me, so if I can stand up myself, I can easily keep it balanced!

You've never seen a more careful rider though, lifesavers perfect, mirror checks at the right moments, no risky overtakes or pull-outs - all by the book! Was a little wary of riding past the scene of the accident, but luckily there were no middle aged eastern european women in sportscars lying in ambush this time.

My manager seems fairly keen to have me back when I want, I've suggested next week, so as long as the big boss ok's it, I'll be back on light duties as of monday!

Hopefully I'll be able to wangle something cushy to relax, exercise and maybe build up some experience in a field I've not spent too much time in. My big worry at the moment is being stuck somewhere for the whole 6 month period as usual.
____________________
>Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:08 - 07 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green Thumbs Up Nice one, shows true commitment! Well done, you'll be back out there on a mad machine in no time now. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Katie
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:08 - 07 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you mate, best of luck to you! Thumbs Up Karma
____________________
Never have a row with an Idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:09 - 07 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done that man Thumbs Up

Takes some conkers to get back on a bike after an accident like yours, made worse by it being on your route to work.

Again, well done Clapping
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:15 - 07 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done mate Thumbs Up

What are the chances of being back on a proper bike by the summer?
Have the docs given you a timescale yet?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:24 - 07 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doctors are pretty much happy for me to do pretty much anything now, with the exception of warning me off high-impact exercise.

I should be back up to a reasonable strength/fitness level in a month or two - the actual limit on a new big bike is waiting for the compo to roll in, which will probably be even longer!
____________________
>Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

daz|n00by
The Internet



Joined: 11 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:27 - 07 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up
____________________
"Its Better To Burn Out Than Fade Away!!!!!!" "Lifes a bitch and then you Die"
"I`m a tool, one with just enough intelligence to know it, just enough spirit to resent it...but not enough backbone to do anything about it. " Siggi 2006 pure class. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:27 - 07 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done fella, you really are an inspiration Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:44 - 07 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your return to 2 wheels Thumbs Up

Also,without wishing to hi-jack the thread, does anyone have news on fallen angel's recovery Question
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:45 - 07 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear, geezer.

Thumbs Up
____________________
BCF's 6th favourite poster 2009-2010

Harold_Shand's theory might be the best explanation.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:59 - 07 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

map wrote:

Also,without wishing to hi-jack the thread, does anyone have news on fallen angel's recovery Question


Hijack encouraged - I can remember reading about her accident and being appalled - little did I know what was to follow!

Hopefully she's getting on ok.

Siggi wrote:

Now get yer fecking arse down the showroom and pick out a PROPER bike...an arse up, head down and loss of licence in second gear jobby.


At the moment my arse is bigger than most fuel tanks. I did briefly consider a new R6 purely on looks, but the insurance will kill me. Still hankering after a Thunderace, with any luck I'll have a fair bit of money left to play with - once I've got my confidence back I can maybe consider getting a hooligan bike!
____________________
>Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:29 - 07 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sir have my respect Thumbs Up Mr. Green


Karma
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:03 - 07 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done mate, Thumbs Up.

I know exactly how it feels. I was back on my bike (the one I crashed on, and spent 3 weeks in hospital) the same day I had my cast off. Shouldn't of really, because I didn't even know if my shoulder was strong enough to turn the bars, but I'm glad I did.
____________________
'90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School



Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:11 - 07 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear your back on the roads and that your job situation is ok. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WR450_geezer
Nobody likes me



Joined: 09 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:24 - 07 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done mate Thumbs Up
____________________
Siggi, ''Fack, having Daz around is like living next door to PC-World, with a hole in the wall.''
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:25 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Mister James, take care. Cool Thumbs Up
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sadie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:55 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

map wrote:
Also,without wishing to hi-jack the thread, does anyone have news on fallen angel's recovery Question


She's absolutely fine - she contributes over on Netbiker and is just as gobby as usual.

See here!

Laughing
____________________
With experience comes age.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

www.125power.com
Crazy Courier



Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:26 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it Thumbs Up
You are gunna in s**t if you dont post pic's of your new bike though!
____________________
My eBay Items
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 243 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.22 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 102.3 Kb