Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


CBT tomorrow morning.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Adam.I
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:34 - 19 Feb 2006    Post subject: CBT tomorrow morning. Reply with quote

Just booked my CBT for tomorrow, 9AM - 4PM-ish £79. Just thought I'd let you know. Wish me luck guys an gals.
____________________
Veni Vidi Vici
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:37 - 19 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Thumbs Up

Remember everyone has to start somewhere

The day will be filled with lots of information, was knackered by the end of mine just through the concentration.

U turns are easy once you get the hang of them, they aint that bad Shifty
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:37 - 19 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Thumbs Up What are you hoping to get a 125? How old are you? Don't worry it's a fun day so enjoy, whats the weather like there as is miserable here now. Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Adam.I
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:43 - 19 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I'm going to get a good nights sleep and be all ready for it tomorrow. Thought I would have to wait a while for them to fit me in but no, anytime I wanted. Dreading the U-Turns, but I'll get the hang of them. Was thinking more of a 600, but I'll make my mind up tomorrow when I can see how I am on the 125. I'm 19 by the way. Dreading 20 in less than three weeks! The weather was brilliant yesterday, not too bad today, sunny so that's alright. Going to check the forecast.
____________________
Veni Vidi Vici
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:31 - 19 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not a test mate so don't worry, the instructor is there to help you. Theres no pass/fail situation (as long as you are with a good company) and you are there to learn and meet a required standard.

My CBT was my first time on a bike and I did it at almost the same age as you, it was a good laugh because I did it with a mate and its bizzare to be out on the road after a few hours of training - good value for circa 100 notes anyway. If I could go do my again (because my GF wants to do it) I probably would.

Enjoy it and get back on here tomorrow and let us all know how it went!

Wink
____________________
RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:05 - 19 Feb 2006    Post subject: Re: CBT tomorrow morning. Reply with quote

enrique86 wrote:
Just booked my CBT for tomorrow, 9AM - 4PM-ish £79. Just thought I'd let you know. Wish me luck guys an gals.


Good luck, you wont need it, remember and take your time and be safe.
____________________
Current: 2019 Yamaha T7 -> 2015 KTM Superduke R | 2000 Yamaha R1 Past -> 2009 KTM 990 SM -> 2005 kawasaki ZX10r -> 2000 Honda CBR 600 FY -> 2002 Honda XLV 125 Varadero
Bike Pics! -> My Photography Website
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chalky143
Traffic Copper



Joined: 07 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:45 - 19 Feb 2006    Post subject: Re: CBT tomorrow morning. Reply with quote

enrique86 wrote:
Just booked my CBT for tomorrow, 9AM - 4PM-ish £79. Just thought I'd let you know. Wish me luck guys an gals.

GD luck, its a piece of piss, unlike mine. mine was annoyin because my radio thingy went off and i wouldnt get it bk on again! lmao
____________________
Current bike :: sv650 minitwin race bike
Previous bikes::cbr600 steelie race bike, 1989 Honda vfr750f, 2013 Honda fireblade, 2013 Ducati multistrata 1200s, 2012 Triumph street triple R, 1999 yamaha r6, vfr 800, ducati 600ss, vfr 400x2, ntv 650, bandit 600, cagiva mito 125, aprilia rs 50, honda c90x2, honda hornet 600x2, cbr 600, aprilia rx50, suzuki katana
My bike pics: https://www.bikepics.com/members/chalky143/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Biker101
Traffic Copper



Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:52 - 19 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rit
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:07 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

79 quid is good. Its a relaxed atmosphere. You'll be fine
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Adam.I
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:52 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from the test. I didn't pass. Have to do it again because at the beginning I kept on fucking up. After dinner, I was fine with the clutch-control. The morning was harder though, new to it, different style to cars and freezing! Also, the guy was getting a little bit pissed of which put's pressure on you to do it right, but once I got it right, he was sorted. But by the time I had got my head around it, I had just finished the off-road training and so it was too late to do the final part to pass, the two hour road test to show you have control in proper situations so I'll have to book again, and hopefully do it all in one day.
____________________
Veni Vidi Vici
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:01 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

enrique86 wrote:
Just got back from the test. I didn't pass. Have to do it again because at the beginning I kept on fucking up. After dinner, I was fine with the clutch-control. The morning was harder though, new to it, different style to cars and freezing! Also, the guy was getting a little bit pissed of which put's pressure on you to do it right, but once I got it right, he was sorted. But by the time I had got my head around it, I had just finished the off-road training and so it was too late to do the final part to pass, the two hour road test to show you have control in proper situations so I'll have to book again, and hopefully do it all in one day.


You can usually go back next day to do the on road stuff?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Adam.I
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:14 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but I have to pay another £79.
____________________
Veni Vidi Vici
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:21 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

enrique86 wrote:
Yeah, but I have to pay another £79.


Shouldn't have to.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Adam.I
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:29 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well. At least now I know what to expect and that I'm almost there.
____________________
Veni Vidi Vici
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

True Blue
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Feb 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:42 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a good price there. You'll enjoy it. Thumbs Up
____________________
Past >>>> Honda NSR 125 >>>> Suzuki GSXR 600 K1 >>>> Suzuki GSXR 600 K4 >>>>Kawasaki Z1000 DAF >>>>Suzuki RMZ 250 >>>> Current >>>> KTM Superduke R 1290 >>>>
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

BanditBitch
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:49 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck and I hope its a bit warmer for you, than it has been today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:47 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should do it on a twist 'n go! Laughing You've got enough to learn without learning clutch control, I'm still getting to grips with the finer points of it after 8 hours of training on my intensive. Oh well, at least you've got it out of the way. Smile Good luck for next time.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien




Joined: 25 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:18 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to leave my CBT early and took the road part of the test the next week.

Didn't cost me anything extra though, just the £60 originally agreed. Got a lift home on the back of his blade too. Thumbs Up
____________________
02 Firestorm.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Brava210
Crazy Courier



Joined: 04 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:36 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought you didn't have to pay any extra if you had to go back the next day Question
____________________
Honda Novio, Puch Grand Prix, Suzuki AP50, CZ 125, Wassell 125, Montesa 348,Honda 125TDC, Suzuki 100ER, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Aprillia Pegaso, Honda PCX125, Honda Forza300, BMW G310 GS, Suzuki SFV650, Honda CB500X

CHARLEY SAYS " ALWAYS TELL YOUR MUMMY BEFORE YOU GO OFF SOMEWHERE"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

True Blue
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Feb 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:40 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you shouldn't have to pay any more. Going out on the road is the best bit, you'll enjoy that more than messing around in the carpark.
____________________
Past >>>> Honda NSR 125 >>>> Suzuki GSXR 600 K1 >>>> Suzuki GSXR 600 K4 >>>>Kawasaki Z1000 DAF >>>>Suzuki RMZ 250 >>>> Current >>>> KTM Superduke R 1290 >>>>
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien




Joined: 25 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:47 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and my examiner heard the sound of a baby crying half way through for about 10 minutes, was very disconcerting. Confused

Must have been receiving a baby monitor from somewhere.
____________________
02 Firestorm.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:04 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

A day is 2 much for a lot of people, just take your time and don't be hard on yourself.
____________________
Current: 2019 Yamaha T7 -> 2015 KTM Superduke R | 2000 Yamaha R1 Past -> 2009 KTM 990 SM -> 2005 kawasaki ZX10r -> 2000 Honda CBR 600 FY -> 2002 Honda XLV 125 Varadero
Bike Pics! -> My Photography Website
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Adam.I
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:33 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope I pass next time, if not, I'll be really depressed, as for doing to road test the next day, I don't know. Maybe he felt I wasn't up tp scratch and that another CBT was needed?
____________________
Veni Vidi Vici
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 230 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.64 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 120.56 Kb