 sorionuvAVzk1 L Plate Warrior
Joined: 23 Feb 2006 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 18:00 - 23 Feb 2006 Post subject: first time bike |
 |
|
Hi
been searching and found no answers, hence the post.
Finally decided to go and get my self a bike, something I have been thinking about since 17, but back then probally would of been killed on it! Now at 27 I like to think I am a bit more sensible. lol
Had a full car license since I was 18, max no claims etc, been through owning performance cars etc and also recently passed the advanced driving test (for becoming a driving instructor). Hopefully my road sense should be ok at this point.
A mate at work has an 1994/5 MuZ Saxon Tour 125 for sale, out of all the 125cc bikes I have sat on, it certainly seems the biggest most comfortable frame for my size (6ft, about 16stone).
These bikes certainly seem rare for some internet research, so worried about spares and cannot find any guides to them really.
Its up for £275-£300, tax and mot'd until may etc. About 20k on the clock, is it worth it? (He has owned it for 9 months, but now has bought a zzr250, hence the sale).
Would be looking at it as learning tool, general riding, eventually willl take my 125 test on it, then get a suzuki gs500 for the 33bhp limit, enjoy that for a few months, take test, eventually get an sv650 or something similar.. Aware there is the option of das test etc, but wish to get on road in the next month or so and just get out there (the girlfriends moped is a great laugh, but no gears!)
Si.
PS Just how much vibration is there on a single cylinder 125? I take it that it is usually very very noticable unless a 4 stroke.
PPS Is a suzuki gs125 going to be better? or a honda cg( ugly even though a learning tool!) |
|
 veeeffarr Super Spammer
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:05 - 23 Feb 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi,
I own a Honda CG125,
As it's a 4t single, it's quite vibey, and screws like to come loose.
Doesn't look too bad in my opinion, it's the new style.
Got it for £875 with 3000 miles on the clock.
https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/cleanbike4.jpg |
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|