Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Fucking angry :(

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 17:46 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Fucking angry :( Reply with quote

My Mum and Dad both lost their jobs today.

They both work at the same factory, there aren't many jobs available in this little shitty town as it is and now they have both lost their jobs.

The only upside, if there is one is that in total they will get £10,000 in redundancy.

I am planning to go uni in Sept and now I am going to have to solely rely on getting fucked over by banks and the government for money.

I'm going to be a male prostitute. Crying or Very sad
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 17:48 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer.

Are you actually going away to uni or were you planning on living at home?

If you're heading off, maybe it's quite well timed, they could look for work further afield and not worry so much about moving. Karma

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 17:49 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Re: Fucking angry :( Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:

I'm going to be a male prostitute. Crying or Very sad

Nah you're too short, and gf's for some completely unfathomable reason dont seem to like that Laughing

Anyhew chin up, i know LOADS of people making there own way through uni with little or no help from their parents.

They are doing fine, and they tend to be more motivated then they would otherwise.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 17:52 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the company have factories in Bodmin Cornwall, which would mean a 100mile move, which isn't too much of a problem, i'm hoping i'll be living in Coventry in Sept anyway at Uni.

The problem is my parents only have 2 years left on their mortgage for the house, so moving would fuck it all up again.

Then there is my sister who starts her GCSE's in Sept so moving school could fuck her up for a little while.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 18:18 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Ouch, nasty one. They should be getting some decent advice as part of the severance package (eg, whether they would be best off paying off the mortgage with the redundancy payment). Hopefully the advice they get will be useful.

Good luck to them.

All the best

Keith

ginguar
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:27 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just reading about that in the news. Bad luck there, hope everything works out.

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 19:19 - 22 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about that mate.

You could always do volunteer clinical research, it's a very good source of income while at uni.
I got paid £2000 for taking a vitamin pill, once a day for 6months, with monthly visits for check ups etc.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 09:32 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
I'm going to be a male prostitute.

Bendy wrote:
Bummer.

Oooh that’s a bit harsh don’t you think Bend?? Wink Thumbs Up

Sorry to hear the news mate, I’m sure it wont take them long to find something similar.

I could be your pimp
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 13:47 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of bad luck.

Quote:
I am planning to go uni in Sept and now I am going to have to solely rely on getting fucked over by banks and the government for money.

This implies to me that you were going to rely on your parent's for money.

Pay for it yourself, you can wrok full time in the summer and then have a part time job at Uni. Keep your outgoing's down. Cut down on stuff like drinking, smoking, take away's etc if you do those often.

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny wrote:
Sorry to hear about that mate.

You could always do volunteer clinical research, it's a very good source of income while at uni.
I got paid £2000 for taking a vitamin pill, once a day for 6months, with monthly visits for check ups etc.

How did ya get into that?? Could do with some cash for 2nd year uni accomodation

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 17:03 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben wrote:
Bit of bad luck.

This implies to me that you were going to rely on your parent's for money.

Pay for it yourself, you can wrok full time in the summer and then have a part time job at Uni. Keep your outgoing's down. Cut down on stuff like drinking, smoking, take away's etc if you do those often.

Well no, I wasn't going to rely solely on my parents for money, I was going to hand in my notice at my current part time job and find a full time jobbie where my parents worked after my exams, obviously now this isn't going to happen. I can still survive on uni, hopefully save up enough in the summer to pay for first term of accomodation and use the student loan, only when I need it. Smile

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 17:11 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben wrote:

I bet uni's shit if you have to work would be like working when your at college, screw that. I don't plan to work while im in aberdeen. Confused

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:37 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

markcatate wrote:

I bet uni's shit if you have to work would be like working when your at college, screw that. I don't plan to work while im in aberdeen. Confused

Easy for you to say, you will get fianancial aid from your parents. If Jon isn't going to get it, getting a job is the only realistic option. I'm not getting any fianancial aid either, so I'll be getting a job too, as well as working full time in my holidays.

Sorry to hear about that Jon. Sad

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 18:31 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually im working too atm in my gap year. Wink

I agree what has happened is absolutely terrible and i hope it gets sorted ok but i would hate to work at uni, spoil all the fun. Smile

riichy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:35 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear that fella...

hope you get it all sorted and dont get bogged down by it.... Thumbs Up

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 19:50 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOM M wrote:
How did ya get into that?? Could do with some cash for 2nd year uni accomodation
I heard an advert on the radio for it.
The company I used is www.richmondpharmacology.com ; you should be able to find a more local company though.

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 21:38 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny wrote:

They told you it was a "vitamin" Thumbs Up Wink , does sound very easy nice money, if it messed you up i doubt they help you much though Thumbs Down

i still would tho

re Jon:

Yea that sucks, my brother is at uni atm and when i go there will be a year of both of us at different uni which is going to be a real struggle for the family, not good Thumbs Down

On the plus side, with the new system there is LOADS of finanual help, a "maintance grant" of £2700 if you earn under £15K household, reduced fees, burserys. Ill PM you with a website link if i can find it Thumbs Up

Heres the link and see what you can get, is going to really help me

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 23:16 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also you are probably going to get screwed over with the new fees. They have gone up alot. I managed to get the lower fees but when my sister goes in 2 years hers will be high.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:01 - 24 Feb 2006    Post subject: Re: Fucking angry :( Reply with quote

If they don't mind a not too great wage, there's usually some where that is always looking for people - be it factory or supermarket etc.

At least they should have a bit to keep them going for a while.

jonnay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:07 - 24 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
Well the company have factories in Bodmin Cornwall

Is it fitz's?

Loads of new homes going up around Bodmin now, it's not a bad area tbh.

Jon
anders This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 09:48 - 24 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnay wrote:

Is it fitz's?

Loads of new homes going up around Bodmin now, it's not a bad area tbh.

Jon

Apart from that beast on bodmin moor. Shocked

I heard it eats people. Razz

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 20:58 - 24 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Well, Well.

My Dad has worked there for 20 years and my mum 10, the union has put forward that they get £1000 redundancy for every year worked there and that they get £250 bonus for every week of the 90 days they work there. This is very likely to go through as the company said it will do whatever the union would like to ease the burden.

This means that it is likely in total my parents will receive £48,000 in redundancy money and they have been guaranteed jobs at a local factory. Basically that is mortgage paid off, improvements to house and then they won't need high income as the mortgage will be paid.

Bottom line is, I might not get anything out of this, still little financial help from parents. I am just relieved that I won't have to worry about my parents struggling to keep food and a house over my sisters head. It just makes it so much better for me that my parents will be happy after a turbulent few days. Smile

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 21:43 - 24 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a gain. Wink

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:33 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip up, and all the best. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 67 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1