Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Is too much redbull a bad thing???

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

TOM M
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:48 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Is too much redbull a bad thing??? Reply with quote

At the mo im having about 4-5 cans a day of redbull (and the tescos Kick ) apart from costing me a fortune is there any negative effects to drinking this amount of the stuff?

I used to always feel knackered untill i started having this amount, but i am sleeping better than i ever used to.
____________________
Now owner of a 1200 Bandit
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:52 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fucking bad for you!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:52 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its okay until you start running around with an Uzi cos the Taurine in that stuff has melted your brain cells.

Shocked


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Apart from the fact that more than about two cans makes your breath stink, more than that will rot your brain as well as your teeth.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:54 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it's not good to keep your intake at that level.
You're basically staying alert on an artificial high, which is probably why your body shuts down more dramatically when you go to sleep.

No doubt it's making a noticeable effect, but at what cost? Thumbs Down
____________________
1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

daz|n00by
The Internet



Joined: 11 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:21 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Overall, the Red Bull energy drink should be consumed in moderation and more than one, or two drinks a day is not recommended. The risks posed through high consumption of Red Bull include the raising of the energy levels within the body to dangerous proportions, medical complications and allergic reactions."

https://ezinearticles.com/?Red-Bull-Energy-Drink-and-Its-Side-Effects&id=68862
____________________
"Its Better To Burn Out Than Fade Away!!!!!!" "Lifes a bitch and then you Die"
"I`m a tool, one with just enough intelligence to know it, just enough spirit to resent it...but not enough backbone to do anything about it. " Siggi 2006 pure class. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

greatmoorred
Nearly there...



Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:36 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really need us to tell you that you are drinking too much ?
Think of your teeth !!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:39 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a study in a tabloid where they measured the effect after each can - I seem to remember they stopped at 4 or 5 after doctors said it was unsafe to continue! Heart palpitations and sweating, stuff like that.

I used to tuck away 3-4 on a night shift with no ill effects that I could see, although the fact I was tired and felt awful anyway could've masked it.
____________________
>Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigie b
Citizen Smith



Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:42 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the training I have been doing of late I've been finding myself less inclined to get pissed when I go out (which is an amzing feat given what I used to put away).

Anyhoo after 5 or so red bulls (with no alcohol) I find my sleep and how I feel the following morning after is very similar to when I've been taking speed Shocked so I don;t think it can be that good if its side effects are like illegal drugs!Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:10 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

and.......

It will give you wings.... Embarassed
____________________
W-ireless A-rtificial L-ifeform L-imited to O-bservation P-eacekeeping and E-fficient R-epair
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Zimbo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:37 - 17 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm told it isn't sold in the states because it's been shown to cause heart related problems if you drink too much. I'd cut down a little . . .
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:16 - 18 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is too much red bull a bad thing?


Y y y yyyy yy y yy y y yee eess s.

s.
s.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:22 - 18 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zimbo wrote:
I'm told it isn't sold in the states because it's been shown to cause heart related problems if you drink too much. I'd cut down a little . . .


Laughing Brilliant.

'Damnit, Tommy, put that Red Bull back! It's bad for your heart! Now, come and have another burger.'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:32 - 18 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zimbo wrote:
I'm told it isn't sold in the states because it's been shown to cause heart related problems if you drink too much. I'd cut down a little . . .



Laughing Laughing Utter bollox. They got some better ones to like full throttle tastes like kiwi (fucking lush) !
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:36 - 18 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I used to drive home from work, it took about 4 hours, and then I had to do a shift in a nightclub.

I had 6 pro plus tablets with two cans of red bull as I set off.

I didn't sleep all weekend, but went into a near coma state on the monday.

Red bull rocks. What a tasty way to fuck your brain!!! Wink
____________________
"THOSE WHO RISK NOTHING, DO NOTHING, ACHIEVE NOTHING, BECOME NOTHING."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The View Askew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:44 - 18 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't drink it for the following reaon.

I don't rag the fuck out my system enough to need it Thumbs Up

Plus its bad for you. Wink
____________________
"Do what you always did, get what you always got"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!



Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:01 - 18 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:
and.......

It will give you wings.... Embarassed


think of your petrol consumption rate on the bike with those babies sticking out the sides of your leathers!!! Thumbs Down
____________________
Funny, I used to hate being spanked as a child!
Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

T1z3R
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:37 - 18 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

isn't it 99% Chuck Norris urine?
____________________
duck my sick!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

RI_HA
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 11 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:41 - 18 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tesco kick red bull rip off is ace Thumbs Up

I managed to put away 4 and half litres of it one night with vodka, mostly kick in the glass. My heart was pounding like hell the morning after and i was sweating a lot. Confused

So dont drink too much Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:46 - 18 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

RI_HA wrote:
The tesco kick red bull rip off is ace Thumbs Up

I managed to put away 4 and half litres of it one night with vodka, mostly kick in the glass. My heart was pounding like hell the morning after and i was sweating a lot. Confused

So dont drink too much Thumbs Up



TVR
- 1 shot(s) Tequila
- 1 shot(s) Vodka
- 2 shot(s) Red Bull


Add Tequila and Vodka to a glass and mix in the Red Bull. It's best to down it in one, as the taste isn't outstanding. This has quite a kick and usually sends you a bit mad.

You can add chilli sauce for a 'nice' sensation!
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:48 - 19 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was browsing some stuff this morning, and found out that a 500ml bottle of pepsi max has more caffeine than a can of red bull. Glad I've given that stuff up - can't have been good for me!
____________________
>Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:19 - 20 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my memory serves me correct, someone from here did an experiment drinking loads of Red Bull over a fortnight, I think. I've had a search but I can't seem to find who it was. It was about a year ago. He went blind.

No. Not really. He was ill, though.
____________________
BCF's 6th favourite poster 2009-2010

Harold_Shand's theory might be the best explanation.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

CBRbabe
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 17 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:33 - 20 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

all that caffeine will give you cellulite and all that sugar will rot your teeth!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

RI_HA
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 11 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:40 - 20 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
RI_HA wrote:
The tesco kick red bull rip off is ace Thumbs Up

I managed to put away 4 and half litres of it one night with vodka, mostly kick in the glass. My heart was pounding like hell the morning after and i was sweating a lot. Confused

So dont drink too much Thumbs Up



TVR
- 1 shot(s) Tequila
- 1 shot(s) Vodka
- 2 shot(s) Red Bull


Add Tequila and Vodka to a glass and mix in the Red Bull. It's best to down it in one, as the taste isn't outstanding. This has quite a kick and usually sends you a bit mad.

You can add chilli sauce for a 'nice' sensation!


Thats a bit mental, a few of them and you would be bouncing off the walls in not time Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:47 - 20 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

RI_HA wrote:

Thats a bit mental, a few of them and you would be bouncing off the walls in not time Mr. Green


Yeah you do Shocked I thought I was that "Pumped" I could jump a 7 foot fence with a nice long run up Brick Wall Doh!
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RI_HA
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 11 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:48 - 20 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
RI_HA wrote:

Thats a bit mental, a few of them and you would be bouncing off the walls in not time Mr. Green


Yeah you do Shocked I thought I was that "Pumped" I could jump a 7 foot fence with a nice long run up Brick Wall Doh!


lol and what was the outcome to that? was it sore Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 196 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 1.16 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 133.41 Kb