|
|
| Author |
Message |
| JodieWodie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JodieWodie Reflective Banana

Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| 8316 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 8316 Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 08 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| 8316 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 8316 Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 08 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| LustyLew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 LustyLew World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:51 - 20 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
"What would you say are you weaknesses?" ____________________ Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| akaDAVE |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 akaDAVE World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Sep 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:54 - 20 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
When can you start?  ____________________ GSXR600 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| veeeffarr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 veeeffarr Super Spammer
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Annabella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Annabella Like a person, only smaller

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:57 - 20 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
"What can you bring to the team?"
"What are your reasons for wishing to become a teaching assistant?" ____________________ Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell!
www.bikepics.com/members/bella |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| LustyLew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 LustyLew World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:59 - 20 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
"A child comes to you with <insert sensitive problem here>. How would you deal with it?" ____________________ Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Annabella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Annabella Like a person, only smaller

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:01 - 20 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
They might ask you about data protection and confidentiality.
Though as a teaching assistant you should never be alone with a child to be in this position. ____________________ Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell!
www.bikepics.com/members/bella |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Skunkcap Freddie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Skunkcap Freddie Brolly Dolly

Joined: 20 Oct 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mrs Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mrs Kickstart Brolly Dolly
Joined: 06 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:04 - 20 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
How would you deal with a child kicking the c**p out of you ? ____________________ Help fight the safety camera partnerships -- www.pepipoo.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dodsi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dodsi Dirty Carny

Joined: 06 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| biker-dj |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 biker-dj Spanner Monkey
Joined: 10 Apr 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:15 - 20 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Do you like children  ____________________ Ride with the music! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| LustyLew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 LustyLew World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Annabella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Annabella Like a person, only smaller

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:19 - 20 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| FreshAL |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 FreshAL Sir Crashalot

Joined: 04 Jul 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Irezumi aka Reuben |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Irezumi aka Reuben Carrot Top
Joined: 28 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JodieWodie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JodieWodie Reflective Banana

Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:37 - 20 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks all for the SERIOUS questions !!
What do you say to the ..where do you see yourself in X years question??
I hate that one
J x ____________________ Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| veeeffarr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 veeeffarr Super Spammer
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| swampy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 swampy World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:23 - 20 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
What would you do if one of the kids came up to you and told you that they were being touched by a member of their family, but didnt want you tell anyone ?
What do you understand of the Childrens act ? (probably wont ask much about this, but if you gen up on the salient points and drop them in, it cant do any harm.)
One of the kids runs away from the classroom and is intent on going home, what action do you take ?
They will almost certainly put in some scenario questions as well as the general 'what can you bring to the job' blah blah...
 ____________________ "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S Thompson
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death..." Hunter S Thompson |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| cagiva gezzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 cagiva gezzer World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JodieWodie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JodieWodie Reflective Banana

Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:15 - 22 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well, went for the interview this afternoon.
As soon as I walked in, there were 3 stoney faced people.
I mean STONE
The Headteacher a Miss E (about 50+) sort of smiled at me... we shook hands.
I was then fired with loads of questions. I answered all. Quite easy really.
I have been offered the job, they called half an hour ago and left a message.
Trouble is....
I don't want it !!
This has never happened to me before.
I cannot let them down. If I had picked the phone up I would have accepted the job.
Thing is... I like a laugh, etc... they are just too formal and structured. You could tell.
I asked about dress code... the HM quipped back "Smart "!!
Fast as you like "Ooo, yes, yes"
My Fiance is going mad at me for not telling them I don't want the job as 'I wont fit in after seeing you at interview..blah blah'
I can't do that !! ____________________ Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Annabella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Annabella Like a person, only smaller

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:33 - 22 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Did you get a tour of the school?
Have a look at the OFSTED report for them, that should give you a better idea of the atmosphere at the school and their targets.
It is a worthwhile job to consider, once you have experience as a classroom assistant you will walk into another job elsewhere - that way you can look for schools you would enjoy working in. ____________________ Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell!
www.bikepics.com/members/bella |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JodieWodie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JodieWodie Reflective Banana

Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:18 - 22 Mar 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
No, they wouldn't let me tour the school they...
'didnt have time'
The OFSTED report was good.. too good in my opinion, if there is such a thing
They were just so stuck-up
Makes me appreciate what I already have
They called back earlier...
I told them I had taken a position elsewhere (best thing I could think of) !!
Stress over
I am sticking where I am
Better the Devil ya know  ____________________ Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 199 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|