Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Hyosungs - opinions please

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

yambabe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:35 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Hyosungs - opinions please Reply with quote

I would like to hear your tales of woe or joy about any Hyosungs you may have owned in the last couple of years.

I find myself in the happy position of having some surplus cash available this year, and as the GV650 Aquila is due to be coming to the UK in April I will be giving it serious consideration.

I know the engine is pretty new to the UK and your experience may only be with their smaller models but I'm really looking to hear about build quality as a brand, mechanics, ease of getting parts, reliability etc.

Am just hoping it won't be too tall...... Confused

https://www.bigmotor.hu/hyosung/GV650/400/GV650-2.jpg
____________________
Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kawashima
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:56 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow agressive style, I like this one. I checked GV650 spec...
power:52.4Kw / 9,000rpm
torque: 616Nm / 7,500rpm
weight : 218kg
This has almost same spec with GT650. Very high rev Vtwin.
This bike must be much faster than my W650 Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:11 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warrington Motorcycles are a Hyosung Dealer/Garage as well, and cheap labour! Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:21 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Toby, I was talking to them this morning!
____________________
Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

daz|n00by
The Internet



Joined: 11 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:35 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sat on one of those at my local bike shop, i dont know why but for some reason it felt right? it just gave me a feeling of this bike feels good to sit on and just feels nice, sort of weird feeling but i like v much.

At least i think it was one of those. Neutral
____________________
"Its Better To Burn Out Than Fade Away!!!!!!" "Lifes a bitch and then you Die"
"I`m a tool, one with just enough intelligence to know it, just enough spirit to resent it...but not enough backbone to do anything about it. " Siggi 2006 pure class. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:41 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a sexy bike!

(For a chopper... LOL) Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:48 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

daz|n00by wrote:
I sat on one of those at my local bike shop,


Which shop Daz? As I have been told there aren't any in the UK yet...... Confused ....but there will be soon! Very Happy
____________________
Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:51 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd imagine it has the same engine as the Hyosung GT650 comet...


But the Comet doesn't look anywhere near as camp!! Razz Smile
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mr.z
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:52 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the name... why? them crazy koreans... right up with the 2litre harley kittenish...

Supposedly they are really well put together, the big japanese manufacturers should be getting a bit nervous..
____________________
>RidingSkills<->Tech Tips<->MyBikes<
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

wantser
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 04 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:03 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much do they retail at?

Looks nice!
____________________
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

daz|n00by
The Internet



Joined: 11 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:15 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyyam wrote:
daz|n00by wrote:
I sat on one of those at my local bike shop,


Which shop Daz? As I have been told there aren't any in the UK yet...... Confused ....but there will be soon! Very Happy



It was at Speedaways in Blackheath, but please notice my edit
I,m alomst sure it was that bike due to the exhaust but cant be 100% , all remember was the exhaust and the size of the damn bike, it was huge and i mean really huge, thats why i chose to sit on it and feel what it was like.

Is their any other bikes that look like that one that is already out for sale? i would hate to have the wrong bike and give you false info aswell as look a bit of a dick for thinking its the bike your after .
____________________
"Its Better To Burn Out Than Fade Away!!!!!!" "Lifes a bitch and then you Die"
"I`m a tool, one with just enough intelligence to know it, just enough spirit to resent it...but not enough backbone to do anything about it. " Siggi 2006 pure class. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:38 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they not about £4.2k or thereabouts? Look like a decent machine.

You get good reviews and bad reviews from hyosung owners (primarily the comet I'm talking about here). Finish on the comets tanks were NOT good, if fuel splashed up onto the tank, it would discolour the paintwork a lot quicker than it would a japanese bike. (Infact, on the comet 250 owners group, tanks were sent back to be resprayed under warranty I believe)

They have invested crap loads of money into R&D and I believe you can actually get into contact with people that work for the company quite easily (through owners groups - they really do want to make it big)

If I was thinking of getting such a machine, I wouldn't discount the hyosung at all. Parts are easily obtainable (bavanar.com - the main uk parts distributor?)

from bavanar.com

Quote:
WITH EFFECT FROM 24 TH FEBRUARY 2006 BAVANAR PRODUCTS LIMITED HAS STOPPED ITS TRADING ACTIVITIES.

FOR HYOSUNG AND BETA PARTS PLEASE CONTACT:

T.NORTHEAST LIMITED, 4, STATION ROAD , HORLEY, SURREY RH6 9HL

TEL/FAX: 01293 783229

e-mail – [email protected]


Oh well. Still though, I don't think parts would be a huge problem. Just make sure to loook after the finish!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:42 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ridden a friend's Cruise 2 a couple of times. It's not a bad bike, but the handling is not as good as a cg125; and from a learner's point of view, not very confidence inspiring. Pretty cheap and gets you on the road, but build quality is marginally okay - it felt like it came from the Early Learning Centre.

The bike in question certainly looks a lot better and is probably more substantial than the little 125s. Take a look at bikes such as Yamaha Dragstars for a good comparison.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:07 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was quoted £4799 as an OTR this morning when I was speaking to our local dealer. But I didn't haggle - then! Laughing

Daz I'm wondering if you sat on a Harley V-Rod? The Aquila seems to take it's style directly from one! And although I like the V-Rod, having sat on one they are indeed huge and would be way, way too big for me (feet didn't touch the ground Sad)

https://www.american-v.co.uk/news/news/news03/v-rod_uk.jpg
____________________
Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:26 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The aquila looks very nice, one of the best looking factory cruisers out there imo.

The engine is developed by ex-suzuki mechanics, so its nearly mechanically identical to an sv650 motor. From what i've heard from owners, the service from hyosung dealers for getting things done under warranty etc... is extremely good. Hyosung always listen to feed back, too.

One thing though, if you do buy it, you'll be selling it back to the dealer. Used hyosung prices are hideously low. Bad for owners, fan-bloody-tastic for me Cool

Jack
____________________
www.bikepics.com/members/jackcheese <--- NOW FOR SALE! 51 Plate Cagiva Planet 125
Quacker_boy: "Jack, you really are a dick!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:28 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate of mine just got back from Australia. Apparently there are LOADS of them over there.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:43 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: Hyosungs - opinions please Reply with quote

babyyam wrote:
Am just hoping it won't be too tall...... Confused


Looks pretty low from the picture.

https://www.hyosungmotors.com.au/GV650.html Seat height is here in <<< if that helps. (Obviously the width etc is a factor but you already know that). Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Andrewc2oo5zx...
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 27 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:52 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a hyosung gv aquila125 small it may have been but it was a bloody solid bike, dropped it a few times and no damage, theives stole it and tried to burn it out but it wudnt light, only problem i had was a really quick worn back tyre, only lasted 12000 miles lol
____________________
zxr's and cbr's

SUNDERLAND AFC
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:57 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look really sexy Shocked
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:58 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrewc2oo5zxr400 wrote:
only problem i had was a really quick worn back tyre, only lasted 12000 miles lol


HAHAHA yes very short life Laughing
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:32 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrewc2oo5zxr400 wrote:
really quick worn back tyre, only lasted 12000 miles lol


LMAO, I wish I could get 12K out of a rear. I've done just over 2K on my 014 and it's virtually right on the limit.
____________________
'90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bish777
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:21 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

my bike frazzled an Azaro AV46 in 4000 miles :-/

I used to have a cruise 2, was a good bike, but the finish was a bit rough.
____________________
GSXR1100J
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:31 - 25 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Hyosungs, I've test ridden the GT650 Comet at Warrington Motorcycles and I was tempted to buy one!

And considering the engine is almost identical to the SV650 motor, albeit producing more power its a reliable well built unit.
Also its been in the GT650 for well over 2 years now, and as far as I know no major problems have been reported.

Also EP Barrus have taken over UK distribution of Hyosung Motorcycles and Parts, so they should be even better than Bavanar were, as Barrus have the experience and money behind them.

And will someone please buy me a GT650R, please please please? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bish777
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:36 - 25 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig- wrote:

Also its been in the GT650 for well over 2 years now, and as far as I know no major problems have been reported.


A few early ones were a bit ropey but I've heard its all sorted now.

If Hyosung made a GT1000 or 1200 I'd murder my granny to get one.
____________________
GSXR1100J
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:56 - 25 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've got a litre engine planned. I'm considering a GT650 as a post test bike, they're pretty good wheelie machines from what i've heard, they get very very light at the front from acceleration.

Jack
____________________
www.bikepics.com/members/jackcheese <--- NOW FOR SALE! 51 Plate Cagiva Planet 125
Quacker_boy: "Jack, you really are a dick!"


Last edited by Jack_Cheese on 17:13 - 25 Mar 2006; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 198 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.55 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 133.96 Kb