Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


My new 2000 XJRSP

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

MikeH
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 10 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:44 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: My new 2000 XJRSP Reply with quote

Picked it up today PX'd the KLE all I can do is Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green F'kin great bike and it keeps you fit too Wink

https://www.gcishrew1.entadsl.com/Mikes%20Stuff/XJRrear2.jpg

https://www.gcishrew1.entadsl.com/Mikes%20Stuff/XJRrear.jpg

https://www.gcishrew1.entadsl.com/Mikes%20Stuff/XJRside.jpg
____________________
Busa Junkie
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:48 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice mate Mr. Green
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:52 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rode one of them once, great bike Thumbs Up , power delivery felt a bit too linear for my liking though. Wink
____________________
If you dont like the way that I ride.......Stop trying to keep up!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MRX Steve
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:14 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice mate Cool Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Brava210
Crazy Courier



Joined: 04 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:35 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful Very Happy
____________________
Honda Novio, Puch Grand Prix, Suzuki AP50, CZ 125, Wassell 125, Montesa 348,Honda 125TDC, Suzuki 100ER, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Aprillia Pegaso, Honda PCX125, Honda Forza300, BMW G310 GS, Suzuki SFV650, Honda CB500X

CHARLEY SAYS " ALWAYS TELL YOUR MUMMY BEFORE YOU GO OFF SOMEWHERE"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tatters
Exxon Valdez



Joined: 05 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:45 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice muscle bike Very Happy Thumbs Up


The wheels/brakes/forks and swingarm look the same as the thunderace
____________________
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650,KZ750 Present:G650XC,C12,CRF450X,1190ADV
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:53 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much did it hit you in the wallet then Mike (for the years to come Laughing )

Looks great fun. Get's my approval for sure.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

extreme3d
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:22 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The XJR is in my view the nicest retro bike there is, and that is one nice example of an XJR Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MikeH
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 10 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:32 - 02 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

tatters wrote:
Nice muscle bike Very Happy Thumbs Up


The wheels/brakes/forks and swingarm look the same as the thunderace


Not sure, but I do know the calipers are of off an R1.


I've done loads of miles on it already, just can't leave the thing alone
Mr. Green

Cheers for the comments, glad you all like it Thumbs Up

Mike
____________________
Busa Junkie
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:40 - 02 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh, Shiney.

I enjoyed Keiths tuned Bandit when I rode it, so I'd think that would be almost as much fun!

Keep it shiney side up! Smile
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MikeH
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 10 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:13 - 02 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
so I'd think that would be almost as much fun!


Put it this way over 3500 - 4000RPM it scares me shitless at the moment, so I'll let you know in a few weeks time when I've tamed it a bit, for now it's still fun but within limits.

Mike Cool
____________________
Busa Junkie
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:33 - 02 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a beast Thumbs Up
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

KLR600
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:15 - 02 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good man!!

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Looks amazing Very Happy Thumbs Up
____________________
Now: '00 Kawasaki ZRX1100R - Past: '84 Yamaha DT125, '89 Kawasaki KLR600, '97 Yamaha XJ600N
<My Bikepics Page> <My Yootoobes> <My Websites> <My Photos>
<Take Cool Photos!>
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

jay_666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:10 - 03 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Very Happy Thumbs Up
____________________
CBT - Done | Theory - Passed | Test - 4th Oct [PASSED!]
https://www.bikepics.com/members/jay666/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:20 - 03 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked You didn't pick that up from Cheddar, did you? I saw 2 of those parked up in Cheddar the other day. One was bog-standard, the other was the same colour as yours, with the Ohlins and the sticker.

Beauty though, I was wishing I could take it for a spin when I was admiring it (or, the other bike, whatever.) Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

extreme3d
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:35 - 03 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
Shocked You didn't pick that up from Cheddar, did you? I saw 2 of those parked up in Cheddar the other day. One was bog-standard, the other was the same colour as yours, with the Ohlins and the sticker.

Beauty though, I was wishing I could take it for a spin when I was admiring it (or, the other bike, whatever.) Wink


His is the SP version that comes with ohlins as standard Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:12 - 03 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:03 - 03 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

:O Nice!

I have to say, I prefer the XJRs in black, but that's still pretty dreamy!
____________________
>Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:33 - 03 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

extreme3d wrote:


His is the SP version that comes with ohlins as standard Wink


/Look of dawning comprehension

Aaahhhhh.... Rolling Eyes Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MikeH
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 10 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:54 - 03 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosthedaddy wrote:
Looks a beast Thumbs Up



Not arf Very Happy I've had a great day today, nice dry and sunny. I did the normal commute to work bimbling along in the traffic with the odd overtake at legal (ish) speed and then came home the long way tonight Wink cracked it open down a nice long stretch of dual carriageway and it goes like stink upto ??? MPH. Only trouble is you have to hang on for grim death past 80 to stop being blown off the back (needs a screen) it don't half get the blood pumping.

On the twisties I found that you need to set it up for the corners a hell of a lot sooner than I did on the KLE which I could chuck around and get away with murder. Also doesn't help having new tyres on either, but hopefully I'll get them settled in by the end of the week if it stays dry.
Saying that the chicken strips are pretty damn narrow so I must be doing something right Wink

Also I've noticed the front is a bit on the light side, had it move on me a couple of times today on a gently twisting A road so I think the suspension needs a bit of tweaking to put a bit more weight over the front, but I'll give it some more time to get used to it before I get the spanners out.

Happy Days Thumbs Up
____________________
Busa Junkie
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

3806danny
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:35 - 03 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats better this yam or the suzuki version?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

zephyrgirl
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 21 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:13 - 04 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely bike Mike!

3806danny, well I've got the XJR and my husband has the Suzuki GSX1400. I have to be honest and say that the XJR is nicer!

The GSX is fuel injected (compared to the carbed XJR) and is the largest capacity muscle bike. This accounted for the fact that I went for the XJR as it was the largest bike I could manouvre in & out of the gravel outside our garage.

The new model GSX has just a single sided exhaust which is absolutely huuuuuge and is just not my bag (similar story with the CB1300).

The XJR is everything I need from a bike, comfort (long distance, not high speed!) grunt, excitement, low speed handling, and a high grin factor.

Mike, if you want to join the best owners club in the world, then head towards

www.yamaha-xjr-ownersclub.co.uk

and have fun!

Best Wishes,

/edit/ Actually, are you already there? Very Happy Very Happy

Good lad!
____________________
Fly away on my Zephyr?
I bloody wish.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MikeH
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 10 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:33 - 05 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

zephyrgirl wrote:


Mike, if you want to join the best owners club in the world, then head towards

www.yamaha-xjr-ownersclub.co.uk

and have fun!

Best Wishes,

/edit/ Actually, are you already there? Very Happy Very Happy

Good lad!



Wink You know it Thumbs Up
____________________
Busa Junkie
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

400bandit
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:43 - 05 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You nearly killed me Shocked (i nearly drowned in my on dribble) I LOVE that bike in that spec/colour. I was tempted to buy a XJR400 but got a bandit instead (im only 17 and the 1300 would give me the willy's Very Happy ) I'm a sucker for the retro look.
Keep it shinney, Joe
____________________
Current Bikes 650 Honda Bros, VTR1000 Firestorm // Past Bikes: Sachs Madass 50/110cc - Bandit 400 - FZR750
(+ a XS650 in lots of pieces in my garage and other places...)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MikeH
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 10 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:46 - 06 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

400bandit wrote:
You nearly killed me Shocked (i nearly drowned in my on dribble) I LOVE that bike in that spec/colour. I was tempted to buy a XJR400 but got a bandit instead (im only 17 and the 1300 would give me the willy's Very Happy ) I'm a sucker for the retro look.
Keep it shinney, Joe


LOL

I think insurance would be a slight problem Joe, I had trouble even at the grand old age of 38 as I only did my DAS in January and most companies wanted at least 12mths since the pass.
It's a bit daft really as I could have not riden anything at all for 12 months and jumped straight onto the XJR then.

Couldn't have picked a better week to get it, the weathers been spot on and it's helped me get comfy with the way the bike rides........I'm still Mr. Green ing

It also likes to drink a bit too Wink

Mike
____________________
Busa Junkie
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 180 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.59 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 133.18 Kb