Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Looking for prices

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

uber noob
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:46 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Looking for prices Reply with quote

I'm 24 and want to get my first bike and I'm looking at a new Aprilia RS 125 or maybe a Cagiva 125, and I hear that their cheaper to buy brand new in places like Sheffield or London, but a couple websites I have looked on are all pretty much the same price (around 3,700).

I'd be willing to pay around 3,500 or a bit less if poss. Also, I was told that these bikes aren't worth buying second hand as they have been thrashed about?

On another note, do you need to do your theory before you can do your CBT?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Smithy
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 18 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:48 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think you need theory for a Cbt , but i done mine before anyway, but im pretty sure you dont need theory.
____________________
KTM LC4 owner
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

uber noob
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:50 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks.

By the way, before anyone flames me for not reading the rules (maybe a question of mine has been answered there already), I cannot actually view https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=33113 as it keeps timing out.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Icey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:50 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a newbie, and you don't need a Theory to do your CBT (however I didnt know this until yesterday after doing some reading) so I have my theory tomorrow! Rolling Eyes
____________________
Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:55 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Re: Looking for prices Reply with quote

uber noob wrote:
On another note, do you need to do your theory before you can do your CBT?


No.

Quote:
I'd be willing to pay around 3,500 or a bit less if poss. Also, I was told that these bikes aren't worth buying second hand as they have been thrashed about?


I wouldn't buy these bikes brand new, the depreciation will be terrible. Also you can pay around £1500 for a 125 and still get a good deal, it's all about looking around.

Just watch the mileage, and find out at what stages you will need a full service on them, because this is quite pricey although needed.

In my opinion, you should do your DAS and buy a nice sportsbike, you could get the DAS for around £500, nice sportsbikes (That have less chance of being mistreated) are around £1500 - £2000 although can be cheaper, and insurance would be paid for with the remainder of the money.

A far better plan than blowing £3500 on a brand new Mito that you will lose lots of money on. More reliable too.

Thumbs Up Karma
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

uber noob
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:56 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Icey, I gues sit's better to do it than not, saves hassle for the future!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mark_petty
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 01 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:54 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I did was I bought a 125cc (second hand) and did my cbt. I rode around on this for 9 months then did my theory then full test. I sold the bike and bought my new bandit Very Happy
Some people do the test without any experience and pass first time, I decided to do it gradually and I also passed first time Very Happy
____________________
[Rides: Suzuki GSF600sx]
[CBT: Passed] [Theory: Passed] [DAS: Passed]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

uber noob
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:47 - 19 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies all.

I'm going to look around for a Mito (99/00) in yellow, but there doesn't seem to be that many around on places like eBay/Ad Trader/Bike Trader, got any recommendations as to where I can look?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

derbisenda16
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 13 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:48 - 19 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are a fair few on ebay! I was looking at them the other day!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 173 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.87 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 58.83 Kb