 Whosthedaddy Super Spammer
Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 23:14 - 18 Apr 2006 Post subject: Clutch lever made me look stupid |
 |
|
Whilst the ZXR was in the garage, I had a bent clutch lever replaced.
When I went to start the bike (in front of the engineer) it wouldn't start? I went through the obvious:
Kill switch
Electrics
Key turned around to correct position
Checked neutral
Still nothing, I then pulled in the clutch lever, and the bike started. I have never needed to pull the lever in to start, could they have altered something when it was replaced? Or could it have been a false neutral (although when started the bike did'nt lurch forward when lever released). The bike was on its sidestand, again not unsual when I start the bike
It was kinda difficult the squeezing clutch, turning choke (very strong return spring), pressing the starter button and rolling throttle as I've never needed to in the past
Any ideas? ____________________ Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy |
|
 Bezzer World Chat Champion
Joined: 14 Apr 2005 Karma :    
|
|
 Whosthedaddy Super Spammer
Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 23:37 - 18 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sounds plausible  ____________________ Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy |
|