Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Frame Painting???

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Diehard
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:16 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Frame Painting??? Reply with quote

Ok so anyone who knows me knows I like to try my hand at anything rather than having someone do the same, but charge me more than I can afford.

Thus I quite fancy painting my frame / swingarm myself rather than powdercoating...

So has anyone done this before? It needs to be a match for the K4/K5 GSXR's frames, so a satin(ish) black finish....

I have no expirience with metal covering so I'm a bit baffled in terms of Acid etching and such like, esp since it's ally...

All help appreciated. Thumbs Up
____________________
If I Die... I Die!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

numark1
Scared of girls



Joined: 10 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:03 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sprayed the whole of my trackbike. Sand down the parts you want to do, spary with primer then top coat then lacquer.

I would get it powdercoated if you can. The paint does chip. Not very easily but it still chips, and not as strong as powdercoating.

It is a piece of piss. Just remember when you are spraying you need the can about 30 cm's away from the target area and less is more. It is easy to spray too much and cause it to run which is bad. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 161 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.53 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 31.74 Kb