Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Some riding tips for you all

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:57 - 05 May 2006    Post subject: Some riding tips for you all Reply with quote

more tips...
Having passed my Direct Access six months ago, I thought I would pass on some tips to the more inexperienced bikers out there.
Only the other day this prat opened his car door just as I was cutting up the inside of some traffic. I thought "lucky bastid - he could have easily lost his car door".

Another time a car decided to slow down and indicate right without any regard for the fact that I was only 2 inches off his tail. Luckily for him I managed to overtake him before he could turn.

Coming round a blind bend the other day, at a steady 130, another car-driving idiot pulled out of a T junction just round the bend. Again, luckily for him I managed to miss him. Useless prat!

My R1 is pretty stable but I was riding along a recently gritted road at a steady 80 when I unexpectedly ran into a pile of grit collected on a corner. What's all that about? They should sweep the bloody stuff up. Fortunately the field gate was open and no real damage was done.

Just this week a bump in the road caused my front wheel to leave the floor for about 100 yards just as I was passing this group of girls and, has it happens, an un-marked Police car. They followed me onto a dual carriageway and reckoned I had under-taken a line of 12 cars which were in the outside lane. I said that I reckoned they were all turning right, but they reckoned there wasn't a junction for them to turn right into. On top of which, they nicked me because they reckoned I was over a double white line when I passed them. Are they biased against bikes, or what?

Final tip. I have found that a really loud exhaust lets people know you are there and is really usefull when filtering through slow moving traffic at high speed.

In summary - be careful because there are some real prats out there

... shamelessly stolen from another forum
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dark
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:41 - 05 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilarious! Razz are these quotes Confused
____________________
My Bikes in order:- Yamaha RXS100 / Suzuki X7 250 / Yamaha RD350LC / Kawasaki
KR1S 250 / Kawasaki ZXR750 H2 / Honda C50 / Kawasaki ZX7R P5 / Kawasaki ZX10R / Suzuki GSXR 400 / Honda CBR1100 Blackbird & Yamaha FZR 600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

fast_tzr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:33 - 05 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol quality Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ram_doom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:44 - 05 May 2006    Post subject: Re: Some riding tips for you all Reply with quote

Joe wrote:

Coming round a blind bend the other day, at a steady 130, another car-driving idiot pulled out of a T junction just round the bend. Again, luckily for him I managed to miss him. Useless prat!



A steady 130 Mr. Green
____________________
TL1000s, KDX200
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TheDonUK
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:00 - 05 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

loply
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:44 - 05 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woops. Didn't read the full post.

Didn't I meet you at a bike meet once? I think Ive heard this all before Rolling Eyes
____________________
Yamaha SZR660 Caution to the wind, the throttle pinned!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

RI_HA
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 11 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:17 - 05 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they have been stolen from a bike mag letters page.

Im sure of it! I knew I had read them somewhere else.

Ill try and dig that out.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RI_HA
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 11 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:34 - 05 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I knew it

Fastbikes, May's issue. page 26. Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:37 - 05 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

RI_HA wrote:
yeah I knew it

Fastbikes, May's issue. page 26. Razz


You spent 17 mins searching for proof that I didn't write this?

Should have to the end of the original post where I admitted it. Could have spent 17 minutes helping old grannies across the road Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

RI_HA
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 11 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:36 - 05 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
RI_HA wrote:
yeah I knew it

Fastbikes, May's issue. page 26. Razz


You spent 17 mins searching for proof that I didn't write this?

Should have to the end of the original post where I admitted it. Could have spent 17 minutes helping old grannies across the road Thumbs Up


No I spent 10 mins making a pot of tea and fetching my glasses first and the remaining 7 minutes looking through the mags. Smile

And you admitted you stole it from another forum, not from a mag Wink








Sorry ill get my coat.. *leaves*
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

garth
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:11 - 05 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

mind you, he's on an R1, must be a 98 one, otherwise he's have been knocked off by now.

Razz
____________________
You ain't a has been if you never was
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kawakid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:20 - 05 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nearly didn't realise it was a joke. I was half way through
typing a fool for doing 130mph round a blind corner.
____________________
I've a twin and a 4.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:01 - 06 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

mondeokid wrote:
typing a fool for doing 130mph round a blind corner.


Wat's wrong with doing that?

Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 155 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.94 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 77.32 Kb