Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Johny Cash - New (ish) song...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:35 - 07 May 2006    Post subject: Johny Cash - New (ish) song... Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone else had heard it?

Its one of the most profound and moving songs ive heard in a while, and ive had the bugger on loop.

The video is abit shite, but the song is amazing.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:39 - 07 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hardly new, Jonny Cash has been dead for a year or so Laughing

IMO the video makes the song, he died just a few weeks after filming it. His wife also died only a couple of months later aswell.
The song is a cover, the original was done my the Nine Inch Nails.

My wife gets sick of me playing it, I just think the lyrics and the video is so moving.
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sadie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:39 - 07 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a beautiful song!
____________________
With experience comes age.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:42 - 07 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a watch of this video, it has Hurt as the backing track. Thumbs Up Sad


edit* forgot the link Rolling Eyes https://videos.streetfire.net/hottestvideos/2/23BA3E19-8624-43F0-8C1B-401F2B027652.htm
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tony532
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:52 - 07 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a fine cover version

way better than the original i.m.o
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kam
Crazy Courier



Joined: 03 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:59 - 07 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh? Its just hurt!! I dont understand whats meant 2 b different. Check the nine inch nails version, lead singer puts some real emotion in2 it, sounds sweet

Edit: nvm, wtf, thought CASH would have done the original fo sure :O
____________________
Proud owner of a Honda CG 2005 model with 1005 Miles on the clock - Bought on 19/12/2005 Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:00 - 07 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kam wrote:
eh? Its just hurt!! I dont understand whats meant 2 b different. Check the nine inch nails version, lead singer puts some real emotion in2 it, sounds sweet


Because if you knew anything about jonny cash youd no how true the song is to HIS life.

Its like the little fuckers (like 10 yr olds) singing covers of love songs.
They are completely hollow.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:16 - 07 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

having download the NIN versions i can safely say they aint even in the same ball court.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

greatmoorred
Nearly there...



Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:34 - 07 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

love johnny cash.
I got into his music a few years ago when i heard his cover of one by U2, and have been building up quite a collection ever since.I like his last recordings with rick rubin, but then you hear some of his early stuff and realise how much of an angry young man he was.
Great man, great career. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:36 - 07 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

greatmoorred wrote:
love johnny cash.
I got into his music a few years ago when i heard his cover of one by U2, and have been building up quite a collection ever since.I like his last recordings with rick rubin, but then you hear some of his early stuff and realise how much of an angry young man he was.
Great man, great career. Thumbs Up


Boy named sue is fantastic.

As is the highwayman one, whatever the corect title is.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tony532
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:59 - 07 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to clarify.

the nine inch nails song hurt is from the album a downward spiral released way back in 94


the johnny cash cover version was released in 2002 and it pisses all over the original.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Icey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:14 - 07 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the NIN, but however Mr Cash pisses all over NIN with his version of Hurt, truely amazing song, makes my hair stand on end.
____________________
Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:39 - 07 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok the NIN version.

Very very poor second place IMHO.

Seems no emotion whatsoever.

You can tell its how jonny really feels, its the story of a dying man whose got a lot of regrets.

As opposed to the NIN which just seems like self indulgent rambling.

As has been said, the cash version really makes your hair stand on end.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

steveh
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:08 - 08 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very touching video, good song, heard it many times, never gets old.


Steve.
____________________
Current : 06 Zx10r, 07 Wr450f SM, 74 850 norton commando, 63 bsa b40, 1962 Triton 650, 67 Triumph Tr6r, 1955 Triton 750, 1978 TY250E.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:43 - 08 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tune deserves respect….
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

strag
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:21 - 08 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top thread Rich. The Cash video to the song Hurt

People in the video, including photos, are of his family and his wife June Carter. He had an amazing life and was the original 'kid from the streets' with his lyrics. He had a terrible addiction to amphetamines and really did live the Rock and Roll lifestyle! He was mates with Elvis, Roy Orbison, Kris Kristofferson and many others. I currently have the San Quentin album playing in the car.
____________________
carbon bling
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:24 - 08 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis my funeral song Crying or Very sad
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:53 - 08 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad song.
I prefer "When the man comes around" (see my sig Very Happy)

...and we all know that the man rides a pale horse....

...and that horse is called Binky Wink Laughing
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:20 - 08 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Great song, really touching. Never heard it before.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:32 - 08 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
Surprised Great song, really touching. Never heard it before.


Me neither until it was on 100 greatest videos (number 40 odd), the song is all about his drug addiction, very powerful, emotive song Thumbs Up
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:39 - 08 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosthedaddy wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Surprised Great song, really touching. Never heard it before.


Me neither until it was on 100 greatest videos (number 40 odd), the song is all about his drug addiction, very powerful, emotive song Thumbs Up


It was no.1 in one of the shows I saw, VH1 or the like.
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:42 - 08 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4202743.stm etc.......
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

innominate
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:22 - 08 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Everready wrote:
https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4202743.stm etc.......


Bah, Come to Daddy video is far superior...



Not mocking the Clashmaster though, as he is top.

Even though I prefer the origional NIN version. Since listening to it since donkeys ago.
____________________
I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. Here I am the customs agent. I am the coast-guard. I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:25 - 08 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Everready wrote:
It was no.1 in one of the shows I saw, VH1 or the like.


100 Greatest on chanel 4 or five a while back and Thriller was the top banana
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 159 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.26 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 128.42 Kb