|
|
| Author |
Message |
| DEN MONKEY |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DEN MONKEY World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 May 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:24 - 15 May 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I drive my GF’s car sometimes to learn, it is very strange, no wind, no excitement, and I don’t like the fact you can’t see everything.
I really like the idea of a car as well as a bike, but I can’t afford both, I can’t afford lessons either so bikes are the only transport. I would have both for sure and I’d go in the car when I felt like it, I reckon it would make the riding more fun when I did go out for a play. ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| map |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 map Mr Calendar

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:52 - 15 May 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Funny enough discussing this with a friend at the weekend.
His bike is laid up due to finances and mechanical problems.
So he's taking the car.
Now before getting back into bikes he'd be sat in the traffic thinking 'Bastards' as a bike would filter on past.
Now after the bike he's sat in the traffic thinking 'Lucky Bastard' as a bike filter's past.
I think that sums it up nice.
 ____________________ ...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mr.z |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mr.z World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:02 - 15 May 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Driveing a car feels very unatural and wrong.. no acceleration, not allot of feedback, not being able to see much and being quite vunerable.. because you take up so much more road, it would take not allot to get hit by somebody comeing the other way down a tight country road, haveing a bike makes you allot more aware of things flying past, i dont feel safe in cars half as much now. ____________________ >RidingSkills<->Tech Tips<->MyBikes< |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| the grim reaper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 the grim reaper World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:50 - 15 May 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm the same and my missus agrees. She's given up biking due to being pregnant but she won't let me give up bikes because then I 'wouldn't be me' as far as she's concerned. She wasn't happy when I had the Varadero either because I look a lot better and happier on a sportsbike.
What a woman !!
Cheers
Grim ____________________ Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DEN MONKEY |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DEN MONKEY World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 May 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:59 - 15 May 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
She got a sister ??  ____________________ meh |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kara |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kara Crazy Courier

Joined: 23 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DEN MONKEY |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DEN MONKEY World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 May 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nb |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nb World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:51 - 15 May 2006 Post subject: Re: It's not just transport ya know |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SoND |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SoND World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| quacker_boy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 quacker_boy Cuddle Bitch

Joined: 06 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| nrml76 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 nrml76 Brolly Dolly

Joined: 05 Nov 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mr.z |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mr.z World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 01:48 - 16 May 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Had a sit in the car of a mates, toyota supra, turbocharged sillyness 375bhp (up to now)
160mph(as fast at it would get there too), very much underwhelming..
Same one wont go on the bike, even on 30 roads.. because there too dangeorus..
So um no, i dont think a faster car will help (allthough its pretty, sounds good and nice to sit in and everything) ____________________ >RidingSkills<->Tech Tips<->MyBikes< |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| innominate |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 innominate Brolly Dolly

Joined: 18 Nov 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 08:30 - 16 May 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I tune out when driving the car.
So would rather take the bike as its safer..  ____________________ I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. Here I am the customs agent. I am the coast-guard. I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| nrml76 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 nrml76 Brolly Dolly

Joined: 05 Nov 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 148 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|