 RS125_Tecky Trackday Trickster

Joined: 20 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:32 - 18 May 2006 Post subject: ZX6R, Running Problems - Strange. |
 |
|
The bike when I got it was running fine, well so I thought.
I could always hear slight rattling coming from the engine which sounded like washers / springs moving up and down which got louder as the RPM went higher and the sound from the CCC can was loudish. Performace seemed as it should be.
However, last week I started the bike before going out and all was normal. But when the bike was warmed up it wasnt as loud as it normally is. I could barely infact pretty much not hear any rattling coming from the engine and the noise from the CCC was about half as quiet as it used to be. But most of all the bike was so much more powerful, it pulled alot harder / faster in every gear and overall was alot more powerful than it was.
I hadnt done anything to the bike what so ever.
However, today it went back to how it originally was, and performance wasnt as good. The engine was more rattly and the CCC can was back to how it was.
I also had a few problems, the bike cut out twice whislt idleing and the battery instantly became flat and I had to bump it to get it going. The battery is a Delta battery and was brand new 2 months ago.
I've been told the spark for the bike comes from the battery so i'm thinking the battery could be aload of shite, the regulator is on its way out or new spark plugs are needed.
But I can't understand the performance or sound issues i'm having, I want it back to being quiet as performace was ace.
I also noticed when the bike was quiter that the bike ran at about 73/75, but when the engine / exhaust is loud it runs at 68/69.
Anyone got a clue, desperatley need some help here. ____________________ 2004 ZX6R B1H |
|