Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Closing the door on the highside....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:58 - 20 May 2006    Post subject: Closing the door on the highside.... Reply with quote

Well, for those of you who may remember I was the victim of a ridiculous high side way back in march.

Since then Ive had to look at my smashed CBR every time I go to the beer fridge to get a drink, and every time Ive just thought 'I wish you were gone'. Its finally happened now, after a tense week on ebay with over 2000 looks and 80 watchers it went to a nice bloke called chris from stockton for a whopping £1120!!

The bloke didnt even haggle, just stuck it in the van and gave me a wedge of notes 'count that' style. I was well chuffed. Then my mind went into overdrive and I started reminiscing about all the good times we had together, the wheelies, the knee downs, the three figure kamikaze runs etc etc and started filling up. I guess its just natural but I feel like Ive lost a friend!

anyway apologies to the guys that wanted the bits off it (you know who you are!! Laughing ) as you will have to find some wheels and a fairing bracket elsewhere! I can finally turn my back on the unlucky CBR and start a new era with my now beloved SV.

Time for some celebratory beers and a few stories about 'the good old days on the CBR....' Crying or Very sad

Thumbs Up Wink
____________________
RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:09 - 20 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

awwwww, there there *big manly hug*

How many people did you get asking you for the top fairing bracket?Razz

Jack
____________________
www.bikepics.com/members/jackcheese <--- NOW FOR SALE! 51 Plate Cagiva Planet 125
Quacker_boy: "Jack, you really are a dick!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

extreme3d
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:43 - 21 May 2006    Post subject: Re: Closing the door on the highside.... Reply with quote

Villers wrote:
and start a new era with my now beloved SV.


Well at least you are once again in good hands Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:52 - 21 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats it like going from a Ceeber to an SV ?
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

extreme3d
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:12 - 21 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
Whats it like going from a Ceeber to an SV ?


Like gaining enlightenment.. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ram_doom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:21 - 21 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

extreme3d wrote:
McGee wrote:
Whats it like going from a Ceeber to an SV ?


Like gaining enlightenment.. Very Happy


uprightenment more like Mr. Green
____________________
TL1000s, KDX200
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:26 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the CBR, it was my first big bike so it will always have that special place in my heart. I loved riding it, the power was brilliant and it was predictable - or so I thought, it decided to bite me in the arse for no reason at 50mph on a dry road I would normally be doing 80+mph on.

Going to the SV was a decision I made with my head and not my heart. Going from a sportsbike to a sports tourer was never on my agenda but now Ive done it its not as bad as I worried it would be. Ive not had the chance to thrash the bolts off the SV yet due to its running in period, but I like the power delivery so far. Ill have a better idea once I can properly open it up, but I know its not going to be anywhere near as quick as the Ceeber. The thing is I need to get back to basics and cut my teeth again. My confidence is gone and I wont even ride the SV in the wet at the moment since someone on here told me the tyres were shite, thats how fragile my state of mind is right now.
____________________
RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:22 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Villers wrote:
I wont even ride the SV in the wet at the moment since someone on here told me the tyres were shite, thats how fragile my state of mind is right now.


TBH I'd change the tyres before you even ride it in the dry Wink You can't beat a new set of decent rubbers, especially if you have those dunlops on it at the mo. Now you have some cash from selling the CBR, If I were you I'd be heading straight down the shops. Thumbs Up
____________________
-Zimma
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:24 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, good choice on bike though, you can step up to a nice 1000cc v-twin after to get the same sort of feeling as the SV. Thumbs Up

V-Twins FTW Mr. Green
____________________
-Zimma
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

paulthewitt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:48 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

change the tyres and sell the dunlops on ebay.

i was *very* disapointed with the power of the SV to begin with. but i am now getting used to it. and the bike is growing on me, rather than getting worse.

oh and a good forum is:

https://forums.sv650.org/

they are seriously helpful if you have any questions.
good luck on the new bike
Paul
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:53 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the issue of the rubber, Im currently trying to decide on what tyres to get. Probably going to opt for the 014's. I have some free cash since the sale and need to get a new helmet cos my shoei took an absolute battering. So new helmet, new rubber, new bike. Just what the doctor ordered Thumbs Up
____________________
RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dodsi
Dirty Carny



Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:28 - 23 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go for the conti road attacks mate, far more life and I think they make the bike handle better due to the shape of them.

I really do not rate the 014'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:22 - 23 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:
I would go for the conti road attacks mate, far more life and I think they make the bike handle better due to the shape of them.

I really do not rate the 014'


I've heard nothing but good news about them (contiroad attacks)Thumbs Up

I just got a pair of pilot powers fitted (dual compound) for £185, and today i scrubbed them in beyond the old position of my chicken strips without even realising. I'm not a tyre expert, but they make me feel more confident, and the bike hasn't even hinted at being disgruntled in a corner.

Jack
____________________
www.bikepics.com/members/jackcheese <--- NOW FOR SALE! 51 Plate Cagiva Planet 125
Quacker_boy: "Jack, you really are a dick!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fastgut
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:12 - 24 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of the Pilot powers too, but if you are going to rack up serious mileage then the BT020 is another to consider. Cool
____________________
Was a driving instructor now working in Insurance
Bikes:2005 Speed Triple and 2004 FZ6 Fazer (now the other half's)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 137 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.12 Sec - Server Load: 1.24 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 83.96 Kb