Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


whip-lash came through, what bike??

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

steveh
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:47 - 24 May 2006    Post subject: whip-lash came through, what bike?? Reply with quote

Well, got a letter, telling me there putting out for £3500 (still waiting for the money on my bike too)

Do i always take the first offer, or do i be greedy and ask for more?

So what bike? i was thinking of a thundercat when i thought i was getting near a grand, i still like the idea of a cat, but im not sure.

a nice r6 would be lurrrvley.

cheers, Steve. Laughing
____________________
Current : 06 Zx10r, 07 Wr450f SM, 74 850 norton commando, 63 bsa b40, 1962 Triton 650, 67 Triumph Tr6r, 1955 Triton 750, 1978 TY250E.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sephiroth
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:59 - 24 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a plan to me Thumbs Up Mr. Green.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mark_petty
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 01 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:19 - 24 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a nice letter you got Wink

I was told not to accept the first offer but it depends if it more than you expected?

A nice R6 would be very nice, not bad for free Wink
____________________
[Rides: Suzuki GSF600sx]
[CBT: Passed] [Theory: Passed] [DAS: Passed]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:26 - 24 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I came across this:

Oooo...

I emailed the seller, apparently Yamaha still make them outside Europe. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:31 - 24 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
Last night I came across this:

Oooo...

I emailed the seller, apparently Yamaha still make them outside Europe. Very Happy


Almaxx motorcycles are near to me.

They're in Melling, Liverpool, I know someone who lives in Melling if you'd like the bike looked at.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Simple
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:40 - 24 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

£3500 Crying or Very sad

I got £2200 for whiplash, crap payout, fobbed me off. chipped a vertebrae, lots of pain, tore a shoulder muscle and got bad whiplash, still suffering 2 years later...

first offer was £1400.... told them to go fish, came back with £2200, I said no way, Went to doctor again to get him to send them another letter,
they told me to accept £2200 as it's their final offer.

hold out, but don't do what I did, get a solicitor or similar envolved ( an independent one) to fight your corner.
____________________
Insta - FemFeral
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mark_petty
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 01 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:54 - 24 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was 16 I had a scooter and I had an accident it was the blokes fault and I broke my leg in 2 places. I got just over £10k in payout which wasn't bad, I got this when I was 18. It was a nice letter through the post.
I'm 24 now and luckily enough I managed to put quite a bit in to a savings account Thumbs Up
I have a big scar which is pretty cool as well Laughing
____________________
[Rides: Suzuki GSF600sx]
[CBT: Passed] [Theory: Passed] [DAS: Passed]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tony532
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:58 - 24 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

06 is the last year for yzf600r's in america.

after this year no more will be produced.


i'm sure im correct on that point.
____________________
bikes owned :-

aprilia rs125 - suzuki gsxr400rrsp 1990 - yamaha yzf600r thundercat - honda hornet 6
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 134 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.67 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 56.89 Kb