Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Crapola

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:33 - 24 May 2006    Post subject: Crapola Reply with quote

Had the oil and filter changed yesterday, came out of the shop to have a look around the bike, bloody nail!!!

Dam tyres done 500 miles or something silly, it is a small nail, and possibly hasn’t gone into the canvass, is there anything you guys would advise me to do?

Cheers
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:00 - 24 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't pull it out or it'll go down - or if it doesn't it will be hard to find the spot again. You might even put a mark on the sidewall to help find the place if it should come out on it's own. -
Then get the tyre plugged.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

VTR SP1
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 31 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:54 - 24 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to a place in Gloucester once to ask about a new front tyre. While I was away from the bike a really big nail found it's way into my back tyre. It was obvious they did it but as I did not see them do it I was fucked. I just rode it to another tyre place and got some tyres.

Take the bike somewhere and get them to check it out. They will tell you if it can be plugged.
____________________
I rode the Nurburgring backwards.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Noggin
Traffic Copper



Joined: 27 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:11 - 24 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to get the front tyre changed on my NSR the other year as i had a slow puncture. I got the guy to come out and have a look as to whether I needed a new pair or just a new front...

He said I definitely needed a pair as I had two whopping 3" nails in the rear and one in the front!

Damn!

I was quite annoyed, especially as I checked the tyres before I left home. I think I rode through a patch of nails or something.

Oh well!


Craig G(Noggin)
____________________
Current bike: kawasaki zx12r 2002
Track bike: yamaha r6 1998
Old Bike: honda NSR 125 1998
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:24 - 24 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

VTR SP1 wrote:
I went to a place in Gloucester once to ask about a new front tyre. While I was away from the bike a really big nail found it's way into my back tyre. It was obvious they did it but as I did not see them do it I was fucked. I just rode it to another tyre place and got some tyres..


You know, I hate to be paranoid but I did think it could be them, but then they are a bike shop, I might not take it back to them for the tyre. Thinking
Anyone know how much roughly a new rear tyre for the ZX7R is?
Confused
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:45 - 24 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the tyre it'll be roughly £100
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Aikman666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:26 - 24 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive acctually heard of this happening alot! Magically nails find their way into tyres while they are in for servicing, or your in to enquire about new tyres Neutral Seems a bit dodgey to me!
____________________
Will work for petrol
My Design Blog
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:30 - 24 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I'm going for the more expensive place for my new tyre on Friday. Mine's been in there 3 times and they've never done aything suspicious.

It's got to be worth paying a bit extra, if it means you can build up a decent relationship with the mechanic and have peace of mind.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

the grim reaper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:38 - 24 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a local tyre place for my tyres and I never ever get a bike serviced, I can do it myself. That way there's no chance of anyone playing silly buggers.

Cheers

Grim
____________________
Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

UrbanRacer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:38 - 24 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
It's got to be worth paying a bit extra, if it means you can build up a decent relationship with the mechanic and have peace of mind.


pay extra for a better relationship?!?!?! you expecting a reach around or a BJ Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:03 - 24 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess theres not a lot you can do if they put a nail in your tyre.

This one hasn't got a head and i noticed it as soon as i got home, which is about 3 minutes away, so it might not be them

What a shit...
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 135 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 1.09 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 69.99 Kb