Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Coping with a break up after 2yrs?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Noggin
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:18 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Coping with a break up after 2yrs? Reply with quote

Hi all, most of you know that I'm 19.

I'd been with my girlfriend for 2 years and then we broke up on mutual grounds last night. It was really hard and I just want to know how everyone deals with this kind of situation...

And please no digging at my post!

Craig G(Noggin) Crying or Very sad

nrml76
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:21 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find someone else, get a better job and move on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kath600
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:24 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

harsh i know but at the end of the day ...

you just have to get on with it Confused

take one day at a time and keep yourself busy as poss to stop yourself moping about too much.

it does get better

and as i always tell myself when things aren't good

'everything happens for a reason' Karma

Noggin
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:30 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the quick response....

I know it was for the best reasons, and I'm glad but its the emotional shock thats the hardest....

I'm happy at my job, and I can't go any further until I qualify and get some experience behind me.

Cheers though, I will try and move on.

Though on the plus side, I will get more time/money to spend on the bike!

Craig G(Noggin)

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 21:01 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noggin wrote:
I know it was for the best reasons, and I'm glad but its the emotional shock thats the hardest....

Did you want to break up aswell? i think if your both unhappy then maybe it was for the best,

Maybe the break might make you relise you need each other and then get back together?

i hope you get over it and either have fun being single again or find someone else Thumbs Up

Noggin
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:56 - 23 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, I knew that it was for the best too, but as I said, the emotional shock is the hardest to deal with.

Craig G(Noggin) Crying or Very sad

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!

PostPosted: 01:17 - 24 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about this Nog..

It's not so much the emotional shock (you DID say it was a mutual break-up)

The problem lies with the habit of being in a certain relationship. It doesnt matter how ill-suited/abusive/destructive that relationship is (I'm not saying yours was, just using examples) you still miss the 'being a couple' thing. I found this when i left my ex husband (alcoholic mind fekker) although it was my choice, I still missed having him around.

Time does heal (to a certain extent) just get your head down and your ass up and get on with it...

snuggles
Loz xXx
anders This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

illusion
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:55 - 24 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's tough, takes time. You just have to get used to not having that person there anymore. I don't agree with people who say 'go out and find someone else', to me that just signals desperation. You don't NEED someone but of course most people want someone. I would say focus on yourself, get out and do the things you like doing, enjoy being single again.

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 10:58 - 24 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go out partying loads. Will help take your mind off things plus you will meet loads new people. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 12:15 - 24 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its werid, for some reason you think you wont ever be with someone again, and then you suddenly realise, your free and single!!
You don’t know how lucky you are….. Wink

Have fun, do what ever makes you happy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 12:37 - 24 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

recently i was dumped after about 2 and a half years too

We were living together, so I now have more freedom than when she was here.

At first I wanted her to stay, but now I dont think Id take her back as Im looking forward to either freedom, or the excitement of a new relationship.

It took me about 2 weeks to get over the shock. You just get used to it and then you can move on.

Noggin
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:30 - 24 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys, this has really helped

Craig G(Noggin)

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:41 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any thing new is difficult to get used to, especially not being around some one you were so physically close to.

A bit of time, and no small amount of 'new' vagina will see you happy again! Wink

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:52 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest just getting used to being single for a while, cos any chance of a new g/f would just be a rebound and probably not be for the right reasons.

Enjoy being single, and concentrate on yourself for a bit.... and maybe get out and party, and meet some new bods if you need to Wink

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 10:32 - 27 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dazbo666 wrote:
I'd suggest just getting used to being single for a while, cos any chance of a new g/f would just be a rebound and probably not be for the right reasons

I have to disagree, rebound is gold.
When I split with my girlfriend of over two years, a girl mate of mine broke up with her bloke also, timing was impeccable. I came out of it feeling refreshed and happy because I knew I wasn’t a lame ass.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:55 - 28 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ex broke up with me.

Had to teach her a lesson.

She's dead now.

xlizx
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:40 - 01 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find someone new?
When I dumped my ex of 2 and a half years, I didn't really care because I knew I had someone better who'd bene waiting for an opportunity to be with me, and I'd felt the same. Sometimes you're just waiting for the right time or reason to get out of a dead relationship, and she's done you a favour?
If you're alone, you'll no doubt spend more time wallowing in self pity, hearing songs on the radio that remind you of that time you went to X together, and you'll start having a blub or whatnot.
Or go out on the piss.
Needless to say, I've never once regretted being with the guy I am now, and everyone said either 'it'll never last' or 'you're making a mistake rushing into things so quickly after Marc'. Well, we'll have been together a year this Friday so they can all just kiss my ass now! Wink

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 01 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
Its werid, for some reason you think you wont ever be with someone again..........

That is so true. I always remember it being like that, then after a few weeks without see them, your sort of back to normal and you realise that there are more important things to worry about, like getting smashed with your mates at the weekend and pulling a munter, then realising in the morning just how bad she really was!

My advise.... upwards and onwards mate, try not to sit and think about it for too long, and get out with your mates and enjoy yourself.

Also, DELETE her phone number from your phone! Thumbs Up

illusion
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:01 - 01 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

xlizx wrote:
Find someone new?
When I dumped my ex of 2 and a half years, I didn't really care because I knew I had someone better who'd bene waiting for an opportunity to be with me, and I'd felt the same.

That's considerate of you, nice one.

xlizx wrote:

Sometimes you're just waiting for the right time or reason to get out of a dead relationship, and she's done you a favour?

Yeah, having someone else to go out with makes it nice and easy for you, since you don't have to summon up the courage to finish your current failing relationship and deal with being single for a while Rolling Eyes

Philly46
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:44 - 01 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being single can be just as much fun as being in a relationship if you can play the game. I'm a heart breaking git, most of the time I get bored in a relationship and when breaking up no matter how nice I am I reduce them to tears.

Women - fun to hunt...

Barker-CBR 600
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 03:39 - 02 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

One good tip is to try not to concern yourself or try an find out bout what she's doing about it all, since you might not like the answer. Depends whether the thought of how she might deal with it (an bein a girl makes it infinitly easier to pickup... two very good reasons slightly below the neck) bothers you or not, i know it bugged the hell outa me for the first few months after a year an a bit breakup.

Getting on with it is different for different people, an if u arent peticularly bothered bout goin out there an hunting Wink then theres no need to. Afterall you just had two years of regular sex (probably!) so not like u gotta catch up!

w00p
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:45 - 02 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casual sex isn't too bad if you understand what its about.
Its more than just vulgar "getting laid", but no more than a friendship. (and its definately not a way to forget about your break-up)
I don't understand why you should be "punishing yourself" to get over a relationship.
Talking about you and her with a good friend most of the time will give you a great relieved feeling and a better confidential friendship.
Thats how you get people to trust you, trust them and show it. You can get loads of positive energy out of good friendships. And the relieved feeling is mutual. Good friends would only feel flattered that you can trust them enough to talk about your problems.

Its a great way to get to know people better, and kind of understand what makes eachother tick...

Fortuna
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:02 - 02 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes the most painful thing to do is the right thing.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 15:49 - 03 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

flip wrote:
My ex broke up with me.

Had to teach her a lesson.

She's dead now.

hmmm you could be onto something there

i have a knife and live near a graveyard, would they really notice an extra body ?

quite a lot of hassle really tho...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 91 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2