Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Is this a SV650 salesmans forum?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

BorderHooner
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:55 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Is this a SV650 salesmans forum? Reply with quote

Get a SV650.

You want a SV650.

God is a SV650.

I took my SV650 to see my parents, we're getting married next year.

FFS.

Fuck off.

When I first joined this forum and asked what bike I should get after DAS the majority leaped up and said SV650.

It seems I cant open a thread without reading about someones SV650 or some spotty teenage wank about a SV650.

It's about time the member base realised there is more to life than aspiring to a SV650. Like actualy getting a life first.

Thankyou please.





Mr. Green
____________________
Benelli. Happy as a pig in cacky.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:58 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a Divvy.

You want a Divvy.

God is a Divvy.

I took my Divvy to see my parents, we're getting married next year.
____________________
Yamaha YB100 | Yamaha TZR125 | Yamaha XJ600S | Suzuki GSF600
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mrtEE
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:03 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

you go on about shitty Busa's so fuck off urself lad. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ram_doom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:08 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sv650 is more frugal than a citroen 2cv

The sv650 leaves the factory wearing approximately the same amount of paint as the average woman's finger nail

The sv650 was designed by a team of french alcoholics on a friday afternoon

The sv650 is infinitely more respectable than a hayabusa

I sense an SV650 legend thread coming Wink in much the same style as the legendary '98 R1 thread Mr. Green
____________________
TL1000s, KDX200


Last edited by ram_doom on 00:09 - 06 Dec 2006; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

angryjonny
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:18 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SV650 does 0-60 quicker than you can say "SV650"
The SV650 does 2500 miles to a tankfull
The SV650 gets 100,000 miles out of a set of tyres
The SV650 is so fast you get there before you set out
The SV650 can pass straight through solid objects
The SV650 was invented by NASA and the Beatles
The SV650 is two-wheel-drive
The SV650 comes with rocket launchers as standard
The SV650 can carry seven passengers
The SV650 can cruise at an altitude of 40,000ft
The SV650 travels through time when it reaches 88mph
The SV650 can ride over water
The SV650 is so cheap to insure they pay you
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
BorderHooner This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.

Mozzer
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:21 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before this starts, we can't be giving the SV650 credit to being incredibly fast. Only the most perfect, reliable, unmatchable "big bike" ever.
____________________
1st: June 6th 2006 - Nov 6th 2006: 2001 Aprilia RS125 |2nd: Nov 12th 2006 - Present: 1991 Honda CBR400RR
Jamie Stokes wrote: it now has a memory of 512mb and is super fast
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

angryjonny
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:21 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snoop Doggy Dogg has a stretched SV650
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:22 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe. I know you're on a windup but you've got a good point. However, the folks that own SVs on here tend to be honest about them. G slates them and I dislike mine lol.
____________________
Bikes: too many, too much for one man to maintain anyway.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

angryjonny
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:25 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SV650 can tow a Boeing 747
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

brianmcewan.co.uk
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 25 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:27 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Re: Is this a SV650 salesmans forum? Reply with quote

carlosfandango wrote:
Get a SV650.

You want a SV650.

God is a SV650.

I took my SV650 to see my parents, we're getting married next year.

FFS.

Fuck off.

When I first joined this forum and asked what bike I should get after DAS the majority leaped up and said SV650.

It seems I cant open a thread without reading about someones SV650 or some spotty teenage wank about a SV650.

It's about time the member base realised there is more to life than aspiring to a SV650. Like actualy getting a life first.

Thankyou please.





Mr. Green


You sound a bundle of laughs mate.

I was asking for advice and was saying I was thinking about an SV650 as they are pretty good in all areas from what I've heard.

Wish I had the money you had mate, but we're not all special people Very Happy
____________________
Kawasaki Z1000 '05
Honda Fireblade 954 '03
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BorderHooner
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:28 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont mind folks talking about there bikes. Afterall I talk about my bike. Thats what we are here for, to talk about and share our experience, listen to others and generally have a laugh.

We seem however to have a whole host of folks who talk about bikes they dont have. Slating this one, thumbing up that one. Like a bunch of women with curlers in, getting there hair dried in one of those hair dryer thingy's in hairdressers.

Blue rinse SV650 dreamers.

Come on. It aint the best bike ever designed. 4 eva n eva n all that shite.... is it?
____________________
Benelli. Happy as a pig in cacky.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

angryjonny
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:28 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SV650 can eat a large Domino's stuffed-crust Americana and still have room for a Banoffee pie
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rawker
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:29 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

angryjonny wrote:

The SV650 is two-wheel-drive


As long as it ain't four wheel drive thats fine Razz

The SV650 can cure cancer at 100mph
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

brianmcewan.co.uk
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 25 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:32 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rawker wrote:
angryjonny wrote:

The SV650 is two-wheel-drive


As long as it ain't four wheel drive thats fine Razz

The SV650 can cure cancer at 100mph



Rawker's Sig wrote:


Current: Ybr 125
Next: Sv650S
A2 license soon (hopefully)



You have a cheek Laughing Laughing Laughing

To be honest I wasn't bumming and blowing about the SV just thought it was a reasonable beginners bike, what would you recommended gifted one? Razz
____________________
Kawasaki Z1000 '05
Honda Fireblade 954 '03
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rawker
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:33 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh i want one, coz i wanna hit a tun and cure cancer Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

angryjonny
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:35 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SV650 can fry an egg without getting that runny bit around the yolk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

BorderHooner
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:35 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Re: Is this a SV650 salesmans forum? Reply with quote

Bazza_RS125 wrote:
carlosfandango wrote:
Get a SV650.

You want a SV650.

God is a SV650.

I took my SV650 to see my parents, we're getting married next year.

FFS.

Fuck off.

When I first joined this forum and asked what bike I should get after DAS the majority leaped up and said SV650.

It seems I cant open a thread without reading about someones SV650 or some spotty teenage wank about a SV650.

It's about time the member base realised there is more to life than aspiring to a SV650. Like actualy getting a life first.

Thankyou please.





Mr. Green


You sound a bundle of laughs mate.

I was asking for advice and was saying I was thinking about an SV650 as they are pretty good in all areas from what I've heard.

Wish I had the money you had mate, but we're not all special people Very Happy


My DAS instructor took me to Crescent Suzuki, home of team Rizla. I was going to spank a deal with the salesman. The instructor was a great lad, Army MP and had something to do with the Royal Signals... He also bought hig GS500's from crescent and no doubt got canny kickbacks - hey why not, we all have to make a living. The majority on this forum were all saying SV650 like it was the holy grail of newbieness.

I aint got a lot of money. I dont smoke. I dont drink. I dont gamble. I dont spend my money on anything except keeping house and motorbikes. I've worked for 20 years. Before Bikes it was fast cars. You cant have the best of everything in life, but if you focus on just one thing you can spend your money on what you like. It's a little bit like being an individual without the self appreciating bullshit. I invested money in order to buy my bikes, I saved my money, I 'earned' them.

Wink
____________________
Benelli. Happy as a pig in cacky.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

brianmcewan.co.uk
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 25 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:41 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Re: Is this a SV650 salesmans forum? Reply with quote

carlosfandango wrote:


My DAS instructor took me to Crescent Suzuki, home of team Rizla. I was going to spank a deal with the salesman. The instructor was a great lad, Army MP and had something to do with the Royal Signals... He also bought hig GS500's from crescent and no doubt got canny kickbacks - hey why not, we all have to make a living. The majority on this forum were all saying SV650 like it was the holy grail of newbieness.

I aint got a lot of money. I dont smoke. I dont drink. I dont gamble. I dont spend my money on anything except keeping house and motorbikes. I've worked for 20 years. Before Bikes it was fast cars. You cant have the best of everything in life, but if you focus on just one thing you can spend your money on what you like. It's a little bit like being an individual without the self appreciating bullshit. I invested money in order to buy my bikes, I saved my money, I 'earned' them.

Wink


https://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/400000/images/_401901_meldrew150.jpg

Laughing I was only raking mate Neutral
____________________
Kawasaki Z1000 '05
Honda Fireblade 954 '03
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:43 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never said get an sv

i tried a few bikes and although the sv had some good points, its bad points were worse and for the same money i could get things which were good

having said that, if i was young and insurance was expensive, it might make sense

you can get a second hand sports 600 for the price of a second hand sv650

i liked the sv's flicky handling, but didnt like its power delivery, or its suspension or its brakes.

it felt cheap even though second hand it wasnt, even if it was new

thundercats and tt600s are cheap and good

and for a little more, sensational value for money gets you a 98 r1...

anyone thinking about getting an sv should try other bikes first

if you need low insurance, a sport 400 might be good even if they are old n pricey


Last edited by colin1 on 00:44 - 06 Dec 2006; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

carlmalibu
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:43 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want an SV-s next. Why? Because they're easy to restrict, they're not bad 2-up, people who own them get very passionate about them (this must be a positive yes?) they're cheap to buy and cheap to insure, they look pretty, and they're a V-twin (I'm bored of revving bikes to fuck and I like the grunt). They're a good compromise between naked and faired bikes, they're build to a fairly decent standard, a fair few gixxer parts are interchangeable and they have a decent MPG. a 70bhp bike for £4k new is pretty good. When you can get one that's been loved for every day of its life for around £1500 you know there must be something about them.

That's my reasoning anyway.
____________________
Shine on, you crazy diamond
CB500, woop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

BorderHooner
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:45 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlmalibu wrote:
I want an SV-s next. Why?

Because they're easy to restrict,
they're not bad 2-up,
people who own them get very passionate about them (this must be a positive yes?)
they're cheap to buy and cheap to insure,
they look pretty,
and they're a V-twin (I'm bored of revving bikes to fuck and I like the grunt). T
hey're a good compromise between naked and faired bikes,
they're built to a fairly decent standard,
a fair few gixxer parts are interchangeable and they have a decent MPG. a 70bhp bike for £4k new is pretty good. When you can get one that's been loved for every day of its life for around £1500 you know there must be something about them.

That's my reasoning anyway.


ok sonny jim. I'll answer all of your points. (as it seems like a spotty teenage wank in a bike mag reply)

tonnes of other bikes are just as east to restrict. Just because one takes 20 minutes more labour doesnt mean you wont enjoy 12 months riding it.

Hundreds of bikes are not bad two up - what sort of argument is that?

People go on passionatley about many first things, like their fist big bike, their first blow job, their first pay cheque etc etc etc. Doesnt mean it's the best, it means your new to it and liking it.

Plenty of bikes are cheap to buy and insure, a 10 year old well looked after Divvy can be had for a fraction of 4K and insurance too, all for under £2K probably - it will do anything a SV can do, except it wont look newer and be the bike 'just about everyone is wanking about.... aparrantly.

They are bikini faired. That's a compromise? eh - what are you compromising? They aren't as hard as a real mans naked street bike and not as aerodynamic as a faired bike - theyr'e a bucked tooth inbred compromise.

They are built to a fairly decent standard? Eh, fairly decent? The Co-op sell fairly decent man made leather look shoes, do you wear them?

You can be cool and buy parts for a supersports bike, yeah, 'real' gixxer parts I may add, you can swagger away from the parts desk then fit them in secret in your shed - to your SV. How kewl is that.

70hp for 4K wow. I bought 110bhp for £3K on a bike with only 4K miles on the dash. Plenty of 100hp bikes for sale for £2K. HP is irrelevant, I believe we have allready deduced that a SV650 has as much horsepower as a 1970's superbike and everyone thought that was fuck fast 30 years ago. You can get by with 20 horsepower if your'e sticking to the law.

You can get one that's been loved for everyday of its life for £1500? eh, a £1500 SV650 has been spanked to death just like all motorbikes. Thats what they are for.

We dont need to know about the most sensible bike, the one that ticks all the boxes, the one that does everything nicely.

We want to talk about the bikes that blow your fucking mind and you live with all the other problems and faults because those few moments when you peak are worth it.

I just dont understand this safe in the harbour mentality. Ships are safe in the harbour but thats not what ships were built for.
'

Bazza_RS125 wrote:


lol.

I'm 33 not 73. Wink
____________________
Benelli. Happy as a pig in cacky.


Last edited by BorderHooner on 01:03 - 06 Dec 2006; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

brianmcewan.co.uk
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 25 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:47 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlosfandango wrote:
Bazza_RS125 wrote:


lol.

I'm 33 not 73. Wink


Don't get on like it then Laughing Razz
____________________
Kawasaki Z1000 '05
Honda Fireblade 954 '03
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Paivi
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:47 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angryjonno: Keep them coming! Laughing

carlosfandango: Go and wash your mouth with soap, young man, that language was as disgusting as it was unnecessary. Evil or Very Mad

mrtEE: Please stop that stupid karma war with carlosfandango! All it does is affects your own karma, as your ratings are revoked, and it's bloody boring for the rest of us.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

extreme3d
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:48 - 06 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Comment Very Happy

other than to say very few people on the forum recommend the SV650.....

....They all recommend the SV650s Wink


Last edited by extreme3d on 00:52 - 06 Dec 2006; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 309 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.13 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 141.72 Kb