Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

FFS....women

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 09:14 - 23 Jan 2007    Post subject: FFS....women Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Why do i get it in the neck?

She calls me 5 minutes ago and says in a monotone voice "I snapped my key in the ignition", her Tesco break down cover expired a few weeks back and she says there's no key poking out of the barrel.

I told her to call a mate of ours who owns a car garage, she wont call him though because she hasn't spoken to him since Christmas Confused Jeese!

So, what can i do?
Anyone got a technique to get a key out, or perhaps another method.

Thanks Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:18 - 23 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

use a big screw driver to turn the barrel? , since the key is already in there if its in all the way should turn) , take it home and change the barrel,
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 09:36 - 23 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the key is in the barrel flush, then she wont be able to get anything in there.... Confused I haven't seen it so i can't say but i dont think that'll work.

She has a spare thankfully, but i can't get a barrel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 10:12 - 23 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I snapped the key in my petrol tank a while back I was able to push it all the way down the barrel and use the half of the key I still had to turn it, I'd imagine this should be possible in most cases. It was evedntually taken out by keith who removed the barrel and sat patiently poking it with tweezers and a very small screw driver.

Dump her, it's easier.

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:30 - 23 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could call your mate yourself perhaps and get him to go and rescue her? Smile

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:33 - 23 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave her there and tell her to think for herself.

Why are 'almost' all women like this!!!

Mine called me this moring to tell me the car wouldn't start. I missed her call origionally but called her back. She said, oh yeah, I tried it again and it started up fine. Confused Neutral

Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:49 - 23 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know, it's only a bit of metal in the barrel.
She put the phone down on me and i was suggesting loads of things. Confused

She has half the key, so ive told her to try it again.

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:51 - 23 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow, you WILL get the blame for it too. Laughing

faithless75
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:45 - 23 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyyam wrote:
You could call your mate yourself perhaps and get him to go and rescue her? Smile

This was my thought too Confused Must be a woman thing Wink

m i k e
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:32 - 24 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

faithless75 wrote:
babyyam wrote:

This was my thought too Confused Must be a woman thing Wink

Laughing Confused So the woman couldn't ring the garage in the first place because.....? Razz

nrml76
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:37 - 24 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some carefully applied superglue will be enough to pull it out. Just ask her to nip into tesco and get some.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 14:27 - 24 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

All sorted, it's at the garage now.....i'll be paying for some if it i reckon. Rolling Eyes

akaDAVE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:52 - 24 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it's sorted.

If it happens again just tell her to lean the car over on it's side and give it a good shake. Thumbs Up

faithless75
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:42 - 24 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

m i k e wrote:

Laughing Confused So the woman couldn't ring the garage in the first place because.....? Razz

She can ring her other half in a monotone voice, winge, grumble, blame him for the worlds troubles even start to cry & suddenly he'll get it all sorted Rolling Eyes Wink Very Happy Thumbs Up

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:33 - 24 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

m i k e wrote:

.......or alternatively because he's your mate not mine and I wouldn't feel like I could ask him but you could........ Razz

Paivi
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:41 - 24 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine who was staying at my place managed to break her key in the front door lock. I asked the local builders merchants if they had anything I could use and one of them came over with a magnet. Problem solved.

Racheldawn
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:27 - 24 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry cant help there, I would have just called him. Smile

m i k e
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 13:14 - 25 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyyam wrote:
m i k e wrote:

.......or alternatively because he's your mate not mine and I wouldn't feel like I could ask him but you could........ Razz

Suppose it might work, although i think if you read killas sentence probably, it's actually our mate babyyam Wink

Killa wrote:
I told her to call a mate of ours who owns a car garage, she wont call him though because she hasn't spoken to him since Christmas

Soooooooo......back to my point anyone? Razz Laughing

I just don't understand how women could make such a big deal out of things like this, i just end up getting the impression they can't be bothered and they do it because want a slave to do it for them lol
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 143 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1