Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Shake hands or batter to a pulp? (bit grissley be warned)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

jonboy22
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 16:59 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Shake hands or batter to a pulp? (bit grissley be warned) Reply with quote

Long long story cut short...but you need a bit of background.

Went out with my ex for 4 and a bit years and it all ended a bit dramatically (boo hoo, yaddah yaddah worlds smallest violin and all that).

Anyhoo was pretty happy to crack on with life and remain good "friends". Untill three months ago when she started seeing a new guy for the first time since the split...

Hit me pretty hard at the time, but again, life goes on and I'm starting to see other people as well.

Just had lunch with her today and she announced that she's got engaged to this guy after three months!! Eh what!!? Plus the guy had just gone travelling for eight months (yes without her), great start to the engagement. Plus shes put money down to buy a house with him.

She's a special person, to me and in general, and she's got a tonne of issues that have take four years of discussion and understanding chats to semi set her right. She's still a bit wobbly but deserves all the happiness in the world.

Anyway yaddah yaddah soppy shit aside she said that she really wanted me to meet the guy and come to the wedding. Now he's already in my black book, just for being there, but this buggering off straight after asking her to marry him, just sounds like he's hedging his bets if you catch my drift.

SOO if I do meet him, in April (when he comes back through the UK for a week), should I just smile, say "well done "mate", you're onto a great thing there" give him a hug....or if I find out he is dicking her over....

Do I reach into his eye socket, with two fingers, use my thum in his ear and drag him to my shed like a bowling ball. Put his ankle bone into my vice until I hear a gentle pop, then drill through the centre, then repeat on the other side. Then thread some suitably strong cables through the holes and sting him up from the rafters. Once he's dangling it'd be easier to put a length (about 2 ft) of palstic drainpiping into his arsehole (without lube) about a foot in. I could then put a length of razor wire entwined with rusty barbed wire into the afformentioned plastic tube (still in his poop chute) and attach the other end to the rafters. Then quickly with a stanley knife extract a kidney or something else internally that will make him scream, and just as I think he can't scream any louder, grip the plastic tube and cut the cables to his ankles........

or do you think that might be a bit much....

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:16 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Re: Shake hands or batter to a pulp? (bit grissley be warned Reply with quote

Quote:
Do I reach into his eye socket...the cables to his ankles........

Yes.

Quote:

No, I think that's perfectly reasonable.

Seriously, I can see why you're troubled. The whole engagement/then buggering off for ages thing doesn't sit right.

Tough one, if she's besotted with tw4tboy then you giving him grief will just make her defend him and push her further away from you.

It's understandable that you still give a toss what happens to someone you care about.

However, sometimes you have to let people you care about make their own mistakes (in relationships, not in things like which wire to cut to diffuse a nuclear device).

Can't offer owt more useful, soz.

Good luck Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:35 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Re: Shake hands or batter to a pulp? (bit grissley be warned Reply with quote

jonboy22 wrote:
.....Do I reach into his eye socket, with two fingers, use my thumb in his ear and drag him to my shed like a bowling ball. Put his ankle bone into my vice until I hear a gentle pop, then drill through the centre, then repeat on the other side. Then thread some suitably strong cables through the holes and sting him up from the rafters. Once he's dangling it'd be easier to put a length (about 2 ft) of palstic drainpiping into his arsehole (without lube) about a foot in. I could then put a length of razor wire entwined with rusty barbed wire into the afformentioned plastic tube (still in his poop chute) and attach the other end to the rafters. Then quickly with a stanley knife extract a kidney or something else internally that will make him scream, and just as I think he can't scream any louder, grip the plastic tube and cut the cables to his ankles........

...sounds like you've put a fair bit of thought into your response already. Stick with the razor wire idea Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 17:41 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you told her yet you're still in love with her?

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 17:43 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 months of travelling takes a while to set up, save for, get visas/injections etc. Perhaps this was set up before getting together with your ex?

I'd like to hear all 3 sides.

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jonboy22
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:53 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valid points all around......

And no I'm not in love with her, I do still love her and always will, but it's a chapter in my life that is firmly closed, it closed when she gutted me like a fish over a year and a bit ago.

Fact of the matter is that you (people in general) will always retain or bear stronger feelings towards someone wtih whom you shared so much. After for years I thought about engagement but realised that she in way too much mental turmoil to settle down. Christ we even talked about engagement and the prospect of kids!!

Anyway you can understand that this kind of history with an individual will generally speaking amplify your other feelings towards things that happen to him or her.

Is it unreasonable of me to not want to meet him? Or is it unreasonable of me to want to be friends with her but not with him?

Bottom line, and this is a cheesy peas mushy mushy line, but I do want her to be happy, and if means getting married to this feral atheist freak, then so be it....but as I've made clear, if he cocks up,......strewth, I make myself shudder.......but as Mudskip said sometimes you have to let poeple make their own mistakes....

Right going home to test the strength of my rafters...

jonboy22
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:57 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheShaggyDA wrote:
8 months of travelling takes a while to set up, save for, get visas/injections etc. Perhaps this was set up before getting together with your ex?

I'd like to hear all 3 sides.

Valid point.....

That's just one of the thorns that's tickling me a bit. The getting a house toghether is another big eye opener. It's one thing to get engaged, you can call that off, but to get stuck into a financial situation with someone you've only know for three months, well......

I hope she's not up the duff.......suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Oh god forgot to mention that I'm off to see her parents this weekend, her mum's dying of cancer, and they're like second folks to me. They've only met him twice and aren't all that impressed....
Be interesting to hear what they say on it.......

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:30 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
o I reach into his eye socket, with two fingers, use my thum in his ear and drag him to my shed like a bowling ball. Put his ankle bone into my vice until I hear a gentle pop, then drill through the centre, then repeat on the other side. Then thread some suitably strong cables through the holes and sting him up from the rafters. Once he's dangling it'd be easier to put a length (about 2 ft) of palstic drainpiping into his arsehole (without lube) about a foot in. I could then put a length of razor wire entwined with rusty barbed wire into the afformentioned plastic tube (still in his poop chute) and attach the other end to the rafters. Then quickly with a stanley knife extract a kidney or something else internally that will make him scream, and just as I think he can't scream any louder, grip the plastic tube and cut the cables to his ankles........

That would suit well in a horror movie!

Quote:
getting married to this feral atheist freak

What's wrong with being atheist? Confused

And I think you should meet the guy but not be too friendly. Get to know him firsta dn then decide how much of a twat he is.

Granted, geting married and buying a house after 3 months is a bit... fast. But I have some friends (25 & 28) that decided to get married and buy a house after 1 month. That was over 4 years ago and they're still going strong.

I guess it really all depends. But going awya for 8 months and that... When was this trip planned? Sounds ot me like it was planend before they started going out.

All I can help with. Don't know too much as I'm only 18. But meh,
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink

Hooky
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:34 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very difficult dillema John .but I really think you should let her get on with it.
It would not be wise to disscuss her new life with her parents, I wont use the word "backstabbing" Confused but no good will come of it, you are far better off avoiding personall conversation at all costs.

How old is this lass ?.

People do very stupid things after a break-up , its like a death, the greif from a bad situation (including sick relatives) will cause loads of trouble for many years (moreso for someone that already has "issues"..

Just sit back and be a friend and help her when it all goes tits up ( it will Wink )

I also thing you are in denial of you love for this girl , I guess you have not found the same feelings for anyone else since your break -up ??? > Still rivers run deep ! > go with the flow and dont cause ripples . OK

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!

PostPosted: 18:40 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonboy22 wrote:
Valid points all around......

And no I'm not in love with her, I do still love her and always will, but it's a chapter in my life that is firmly closed, it closed when she gutted me like a fish over a year and a bit ago...........

Thinking Yup denial Wink

"Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship - never."
Charles Caleb Colton

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 19:16 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Re: Shake hands or batter to a pulp? (bit grissley be warned Reply with quote

jonboy22 wrote:
Plus the guy had just gone travelling for eight months (yes without her), great start to the engagement.

crafty bugger has just made sure he has a girlfriend to come home to. get engaged just before he leaves !

she has swallowed it hook line and sinker, and he can always dump her later if he feels like it

i think violence on the guy sounds unnecessary, she is old enough to make her own mistakes.

Things went a bit rocky with me and my ex, so she went off with her hairdresser thinking this would be a relationship. He then was honest enough to admit he just wanted a fuck buddy, much tears on her part, and laughter on my part.

Of course she has still managed to make out that the whole thing was my fault, which i think is a bit rich but as long as she continues to pay back the money she owes me she can think what she likes.

I would like it if we could be friends but sometimes love gone wrong creates enemies not friends.

If you try to meddle with your ex's rship before it goes wrong, you will be the bad guy and they will be pushed together against you.

It might be better for both of you if you dont see each other again as friends until some more of your feelings for her have died.

Last edited by colin1 on 19:26 - 11 Jan 2007; edited 1 time in total

Handsome
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:25 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dispite your feelings leave it well alone, she may not take kindly to what you have to say and see it as you interfering...

Just be there for her if/when it goes Tits Up, she needs to learn this one herself...

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

lozzypop1 wrote:
Charles Caleb Colton

I feel quite sorry for anyone who actually feels that to be true Sad

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:15 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Re: Shake hands or batter to a pulp? (bit grissley be warned Reply with quote

jonboy22 wrote:
it all ended

Obviously it didn't for you. I suggest you sign up for a proper stalking course run by a professional training company. No use being half-arsed about this...

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 20:30 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarmacsurfer wrote:
lozzypop1 wrote:
Charles Caleb Colton

I feel quite sorry for anyone who actually feels that to be true Sad

That would be every one of my ex girlfriends then. Razz

queen of string
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:35 - 12 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you have a bit of a break then it is possible to go back later and be friends. I have found that the friendship side of what you had can be retained in a modified form if you both acted like grown ups during the split and it was mutual. I still talk to most of my ex's in a friendly fashion and exchange xmas cards and the like with one of them. I'm still in business with another one. It is hard, its not always possible or appropriate but if youre both over it, it can have a positive side in my experience.
edit, sorry that was a bit off topic, in the case stated I think you have to let her make her own mistakes , you've done everything you can to rescue her and now you have to stand back and see if she learnt anything from your efforts.
DonTony This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

jonboy22
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:37 - 12 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heheh,

alot of you seem to be pretty adamant that I still love her and that I'm getting to involved etc....

Thing is all of this is initiated by her. She wanted to tell me, she wants me to go to the wedding, she wants me to meet her hubby to be.....

I've moved well on, I'm out on the pull most Fridays and if I'm not I'm sure as hell not worrying about her, in fact how much tread I have left is a far more potent issue....

I know that we can still be friends, it's just the fact that she wants me to be friends with her new man that rubs me up the wrong way I think....

Oh p.s there's nothing wrong with being atheis, I'm sort of agnostic myself, it's just the way I describe him....

pps on the whole travelling for eight months thing, yeah he may have planned it in advance before they met. But if it were me, and I had met the woman who I though I'd love with every fibre of my body, and didn't want to loose, well I'd have delayed the trip, cancelled the trip or better yet invited her to come with. So like I said if he's dicking her around, and just keeping her on a lead till he comes back from dicking around, I drag him behind my bike till there's nothing left.....

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 15:30 - 12 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonboy22 wrote:
Heheh,

alot of you seem to be pretty adamant that I still love her and that I'm getting to involved etc....

Thing is all of this is initiated by her. She wanted to tell me, she wants me to go to the wedding, she wants me to meet her hubby to be.....

Think really hard about why and you'll work it out.

jonboy22
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 16:19 - 12 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
jonboy22 wrote:
Heheh,

Think really hard about why and you'll work it out.

Why you guys still think i love her? or why she's initiated all this malarky??

Answer to the first one is I genuinely don't, and wouldn't bat an eyelid if she decided to live in a tent on mars with a yeti who knew the kama sutra off by heart.......I can't prove it to you guys so you'll have to take my word that I don't or I'll just accept that you think I do...either way no skin off my back.

Answer to the second one, well that's a bit more complicated as she's a) female b) a little unstable c) very unpredictable d) still wants to be friends but with greater expectations of me than anyone else due to our history.......go figure.

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:39 - 12 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonboy22 wrote:
Heheh,

If your not, forget about her, move on and break contact with her all together. Otherwise it will just screw you up, like it already has.

Its very rare that you can stay 'friends' with an ex.

Just move on, get her out of your life, you'll feel much better for it.

I sit and think about my ex's somethimes and how we were going to 'last forever' etc.. then think to myself, I'm so glad I moved on and got it all out of my system.

Thumbs Up

jonboy22
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 16:56 - 12 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry_MC21 wrote:
jonboy22 wrote:
Heheh,

If your not, forget about her, move on and break contact with her all together. Otherwise it will just screw you up, like it already has.

Its very rare that you can stay 'friends' with an ex.

Just move on, get her out of your life, you'll feel much better for it.

I sit and think about my ex's somethimes and how we were going to 'last forever' etc.. then think to myself, I'm so glad I moved on
and got it all out of my system.

Thumbs Up

Well I suppose this is what it boils down to. I'm very happy with the fact that I have absolutely no obligation or ties to her in anyway and that I've moved on.

But at the same time there's no reason why I have to cut her out altogether. Some agree some don't, but I personally see nothing wrong with staying friends, lifes to short to be bitter and hold grudges.

And it hasn't "fucked" me up so to speak. Sure it's made me double take when she's asked me to the wedding, or when she announced that she was engaged, but who wouldn't!! After three months? I'd be shocked if a random friend of a friend of a cousin's uncles brothers dogs bests friends owner's sister in law told me that he/she was getting married after three months and that one of them was off travelling.

the only reason I'm a little peaved is that she expects me to be mates with this guy....

but again it's my decision so I think I'll just say no thanks and carry on as usual, she can deal with it.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 17:22 - 12 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonboy22 wrote:

Right, someone needs to get to the point.

You are still in Love with her and are in denial big time. This, is fair enough.

HOWEVER, you are no longer part of her life, like it or not, whatever her situation regarding marital affairs, it has no business for you.

You are not her father, if he is dicking her about then he is a complete nutcase, but it is not in your place to do anything about it. In fact if I had an ex who was that protective over my own issues, i'd make it pretty clear i'd like nothing much to do with them. I would only appreciate it if they were just a good friend. You have history now and effectively you will never have a place for being a special friend. It just won't happen.

If I was you, i'd go to the wedding, if you was sure there would be no green eyed monster about and that you genuinely were happy for her fiancée, otherwise, stay clear of this situation and try and get on with your life.

My two pennies worth there.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

jonboy22
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:32 - 12 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
jonboy22 wrote:

Right, someone needs to get to the point.

You are still in Love with her and are in denial big time. This, is fair enough.

HOWEVER, you are no longer part of her life, like it or not, whatever her situation regarding marital affairs, it has no business for you.

You are not her father, if he is dicking her about then he is a complete nutcase, but it is not in your place to do anything about it. In fact if I had an ex who was that protective over my own issues, i'd make it pretty clear i'd like nothing much to do with them. I would only appreciate it if they were just a good friend. You have history now and effectively you will never have a place for being a special friend. It just won't happen.

If I was you, i'd go to the wedding, if you was sure there would be no green eyed monster about and that you genuinely were happy for her fiancée, otherwise, stay clear of this situation and try and get on with your life.

My two pennies worth there.

Two pennies well spent I'd say....

In denial, out denial, crossing denail on a barge with a camel, whatever....everyone can decide for me, not fussed.

I don't think I'm being over protective and as I mentioned before she seems to be the instigator for keeping in touch and wanting me to be involved in stuff.

The only reason I said I hope she's not up the duff, as that could be a potential reason for rushing into a marriage. What with her folks being strict Catholics I dunno if they'd be happy with an Atheist bastard..........the baby I mean....hehe.

Anyway....

No green eyed monster if there's no reason for the green eyed monster to come out. If it's all chicken soup with her and her man, swell. But I wont be knocking, calling texting or anything to find out either......so we'll see.

Thanks for all the opinions though chaps and chappets Thumbs Up

keep em coming as I can wait to hear from the someone who says he's battered his ex's boyfriend to mush and everything work out ok in the end......hehe.

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 12 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonboy22 wrote:
..... lifes to short to be bitter and hold grudges.

Exactly. Move on, forget about her.

Its not like your best mates or anything.

One of my ex's after we'd split for about a month, still kept in touch, told me she'd starting sleeping with someone else. Like I gave a fu*k!!! I think she told me just to try and get a reaction.

My reaction was... why the hell am I wasting my time with someone like her!!! When I started ignoring her calls etc.. she started turning up at my place randomly (was still living at home), with me hiding in my room and my Mum telling her I was out!

For your own good, drop all contact with her. Or, if you do really want to stay 'mates', just tell her your not interested in meeting her new fella, and that there is no reason for you to do so other than 'she wants you to'.

Or, you could always meet him, shake hands and say.... "crap in bed isn't she, but gives a dam good BJ!"... and see what his reaction is (and hers for that matter!).. Thumbs Up Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 109 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3