Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mixing work with play...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 10:50 - 18 Jan 2007    Post subject: Mixing work with play... Reply with quote

Well, while at uni have got kind of together with this girl on my course, which is great and everything.

However, we are doing are January exams at the moment and they are anything but easy (Maths, Bio+Bio Processes, Physical Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Principles). However, when we revise together things are a little 'distracted' and i dont do much revising.

Anyways, this is really worring me as i really need to pass these exams (i know its only first year but still have to get something like 40-50% to pass). This morning i was meant to be going up to campus to do some revising and got a text that may suggest we wont be doing revising, only my maths exam is tomorrow and kind of nervous about it.

Any suggestions? i dont want to break it up but same time i want to revise at the moment and pass my exams.

RickHolt
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:56 - 18 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell her you need to revise, then errm revise...

Thumbs Up

HTH

Rick.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:56 - 18 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell her you'll see her tomorrow when the exam is over and done with?

Or act like a proper first year and go and pork her. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 11:01 - 18 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
Tell her you'll see her tomorrow when the exam is over and done with?

Yea but the one tomorrow is just my second exam and have one monday and thusday and these two are the hardest. I normally go round and its great but just at the moment isnt the time.

I think ill talk to her about it... (though what to say is a bit of a problem)

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:17 - 18 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are both in the same boat, you are trying to achieve something but feelings are possibly getting in the way.

If she cares for her furture as much as you do, if you sit her down and just explain, she'll be fine!

Don't worry about this one man, the time not poking her will just make it better when you can finally relax and get on with it.

Good luck Cool Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 13:52 - 18 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep your dick in your pants?
May get more revision done then.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:06 - 18 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in the same situation last year and i failed the first year, so i would adivse to get revisiing, it wont be long untill the january exams are over and you can get back to business Thumbs Up

alone
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:30 - 18 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revise with her under the desk? Cool

treesey200
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:26 - 18 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

talk to your girlfriend I am sure she will understand. You dont need to revise 24 / 7 for your exams but u need do need to get some proper study done. get yourself to the library and see your girl at the weekend.

good luck with the exams

H

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 19:52 - 18 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i spoke to her and she thinks im pritty weird for choosing revising over sex (i think i agree with her Shocked ) but understands so its all good Thumbs Up

Only 7 days till exams are over, hope it goes quick Praying

RickHolt
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:08 - 18 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting some pics of her might have helped us make an informed decision. I feel like I could have been wrong telling you to revise...

Rick

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 20:34 - 18 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

as much as i would ask the same question about now i feel it might be a bit unfair on her.

nice try though Thumbs Up

mr_pete
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:54 - 18 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm, I went to uni. I met people. I failed my second and third year. I believe that may be enough said....

Suffice to say I resat my second year exam I failed, and passed, did a year out with a job, failed third year, but got jobs on merits of the year out...

Initial sex is always "more more more!" esp. when young. But being pragmatic doesn't always hurt. And anyway, tell her if you pass, you get a better job, and can spoil her more Smile

Born2bVile
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:27 - 18 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_pete wrote:
Erm, I went to uni. I met people. I failed my second and third year. I believe that may be enough said....

Suffice to say I resat my second year exam I failed, and passed, did a year out with a job, failed third year, but got jobs on merits of the year out...

Initial sex is always "more more more!" esp. when young. But being pragmatic doesn't always hurt. And anyway, tell her if you pass, you get a better job, and can spoil her more Smile

To paraphrase...............

Put your dick away, study hard, get a well paid job, get rich, get laid all the time.

Or knob her now, fail exams, drop out, think of MacDonalds as a career, realise even that's beyond you, sit in your council flat watching Richard & Judy and die old and wanked out.

Decisions, decisions Rolling Eyes

Cheers,

Byrnie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

techierob
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:27 - 23 Jan 2007    Post subject: Re: Mixing work with play... Reply with quote

Andy C wrote:
Any suggestions? i dont want to break it up but same time i want to revise at the moment and pass my exams.

if I have a single regret about university, then it's not that I didn't spend enough time studying. You don't need a degree/masters/phd to get rich. Just do whatever you're happiest doing.

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 21:49 - 23 Jan 2007    Post subject: Re: Mixing work with play... Reply with quote

techierob wrote:
if I have a single regret about university, then it's not that I didn't spend enough time studying. You don't need a degree/masters/phd to get rich. Just do whatever you're happiest doing.

Yea, it took me far too much effort getting to uni due to a few event that happend last year to throw it away on a bit off a pussy. I turned up to all my lectures pritty much (22hours a week) and revised 4+hours since half way though Decemeber (minus a few days like xmas). I told her i need to study and i think she understood Thumbs Up

fenton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:49 - 23 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

buy her a vibrator.....she might not want you bk. but at least youll get some studying done. or revise and shag at the same time
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Harley Godzisz
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:29 - 24 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or act like a proper first year and go and pork her. Rolling Eyes Laughing[/quote]

Tis what I did, and I got better than a pass... i got a Distinction and a good ole monkey spanker!!! Laughing Thumbs Up Still with her now, and love her more than ever. Razz

Shag her, then revise... will make your mind active then!

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 16:11 - 26 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

fenton wrote:
buy her a vibrator.....she might not want you bk. but at least youll get some studying done. or revise and shag at the same time

She already has one Shocked Laughing said "when we get to a certain stage" i can watch Very Happy Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 95 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1