Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Speedfight 2 50cc repairs

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

bornlucky
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 01 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:44 - 03 May 2007    Post subject: Speedfight 2 50cc repairs Reply with quote

Hello guys & gals, joined the site yesterday and had a good read of all on offer. I've been trying to get my scooter back on the road after a year or more in storage, managed to sort out a lot of the mechanical stuff but I can't get it to start.

The starter ticks over, fuel is getting to the spark plug but it ain't sparking. With the aid of the trusty haynes manual I've found that the spark plug cap had given up so I've replaced it.

I'm going to have to replace the ht coil as a friend has accidentally removed the cable out of the end that should not be removed!

When I turn the key nothing happens on the dash instruments, but the starter will turn, the horn works and so do the indicators, haven't tested the lights yet as the bike is in pieces, some easier to reach than others!

I'm concerned that it could be the immobiliser as that seems to be a common fault and I don't have the master key.. the red key I have is for the boa lock attached to the bike.

Is there any way I can test the immobiliser, or is it something more obvious, especially as the instruments are not working?

Forgot to mention too, since it's been de-restricted the speedo cable has spilt apart and wrapped itself neatly into the connection near the front wheel, I was thinking of drilling it out, unless anyone knows a better way?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

numpty
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:24 - 03 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

try changing all the fuses. Probably wont work but its just an idea Smile
____________________
Current bike: CBR600F-Y
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bornlucky
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 01 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:40 - 04 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, I checked the main fuse and it seems to be in one piece, wasn't aware of any specific fuses for the dash though..

Ok just checked the circuit diagram and there is only one fuse, I'll check it over later..
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 157 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.45 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 35.86 Kb