 Shoka Derestricted Danger
Joined: 03 Apr 2007 Karma :    
|
|
 sickpup Old Timer

Joined: 21 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
 Shoka Derestricted Danger
Joined: 03 Apr 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 02:35 - 03 Sep 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
I suppose you'd be able to find that out by taking a recording of the engine sound at full throttle, analysing it with an audio program to determine the frequency, then multiplying it by two to compensate for the fact that one of the rotations per cycle isn't accompanied by a combustion.
Seems complex perhaps, but as far as I know, Honda don't list the actual max RPM, just the max power/rpm and max torque/rpm.
But in case I misunderstood it, the max power rating is at 8,500RPM.
Logically, you'd think you'd get the most power when the engine is revving the fastest, but I don't know for sure. If you do, then I guess that's the value, 8,500RPM. |
|
 Philious Brolly Dolly
Joined: 28 Jun 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:55 - 03 Sep 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
I wondered about this when i got mine, I gave up looking in the end.
I can judge it by ear now anyway  ____________________ Previously; Honda XR125 - Yamaha DT125r - Aprilia Rs125 - Suzuki GS500e, Currently; Kawasaki ZX6R + ZX10R
Theory : Passed 28/7/09 Module 1: Passed 21/09/09 Module 2: Passed 23/09/09 |
|