Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Yamaha FZ1-S anyone got one? What are they like?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

thx1138
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:56 - 02 Sep 2007    Post subject: Yamaha FZ1-S anyone got one? What are they like? Reply with quote

I have got a 2002 600cc hornet right now. Thinking of getting something else now. Noiced George White's ad in the MCn 0% finance on some Yamahas and Kawasakis.

I'd been saving up for, probably a 1250Bandit, or well, just saving really, suzuki only doing 0% finance, from what I could see on smaller machines.

Been looking onthe website at the Yamaha FZ1-S and thinking about maybe getting one. Will probably ride my bike over to Oxford after breakfast for something to do, and see what they've got in stock.

So anyone got one, what do you think of them? Very Happy





anyone who posts a lecture/comment/sarccy reply/pearl of wisdom about buying second hand and not buying new smells of eldererries, and can naff off, thankyou. Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

fazed
Korn is my hero!



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:22 - 02 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

good bike's but I scared wave when I was wallowing around corner's at 110mph on one Surprised
____________________
gixxer thou K6 , Cbr400 gullarm x 2 , cb400 superhack.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:33 - 02 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazed wrote:
good bike's but I scared wave when I was wallowing around corner's at 110mph on one Surprised


I rarely go over 100mph in straight line Shifty
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

fazed
Korn is my hero!



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:36 - 02 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an 05 or something as a hire bike for a few month's, good road bike but the suspension is far too soft as standard, A fair bit quicker than your hornet Smile and comfortable I done 300 miles in one trip and had no bother .
____________________
gixxer thou K6 , Cbr400 gullarm x 2 , cb400 superhack.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

St0rmer66
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:11 - 02 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazed wrote:
I had an 05 or something as a hire bike for a few month's, good road bike but the suspension is far too soft as standard, A fair bit quicker than your hornet Smile and comfortable I done 300 miles in one trip and had no bother .

It changed in 2006 so it would be a different bike to the one you rode. It's got fuel injection, an aluminium frame (which is MUCH lighter and more rigid) and also adjustable suspension. Weigh bias has been moved to the front like a sportsbike, the bars have got lower and the pegs have got higher, but obviously not to the point of being like an R1!
____________________
:: Honda XR 125 L ('53) => Kawasaki GPZ 500S ('02) => Suzuki SV650S ('00) => Aprilia RSV-R ('51) ::
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:31 - 02 Sep 2007    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Thanks. Smile

Well rode over with the missus to have a look, booked a test ride for this weds. If I like it, I will probably get it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:39 - 02 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

GDIL!

Best quote so far £451 fully comp. Ouch. that's with 2 years ncb, and a licence for 15 years.

I'm paying about £150 right now. Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 43 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.58 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 52.77 Kb