|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Pie-Roe |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pie-Roe World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Feb 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:05 - 12 Dec 2007 Post subject: Damn cold weather (again) |
 |
|
So. I've had ANOTHER lowside. This time I think was a combination of a semi-new tyre and ice. Wasnt even cornering at the time, just braking to slow down, and the front stopped being upright.
Only problem is the bike went sliding down the road, it ripped the gear shifter and peg off. So I couldn't ride it home, its now chained up at work... I'm thinking to get it home, shouldn't be too hard to just manually shift it to second by playing with the cable, then cable tieing it to the frame so it isn't dragging. Then I'll get some pics up. I'm hoping its just the bolts that hold the rearset to the bike that snapped, Buying the whole lot seems very expensive.
I'm considering stopping riding 'til spring. Second lowside due to shitty conditions in 2 weeks, and its getting worse. I'm just not experienced enough to ride in this shit.
Pyro  ____________________ Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ben. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ben. World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Jul 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 01:33 - 12 Dec 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
just dont grap the front break, ride slow and leave a fooking big gap so you've got plenty of time to stop. take up some tuition if your that concerned. Book up lessons they will help. ____________________ follow my racing season
Race bike - R6
Road bike - sv650 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| 306_abb |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 306_abb Nova Slayer

Joined: 14 Feb 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iooi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iooi Super Spammer

Joined: 14 Jan 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 09:46 - 12 Dec 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Use the rear a lot more. Make the engine work to slow you down as well.
Rear end is a lot easier to control when it slides. ____________________ Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am...... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fawbish |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fawbish World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 09:51 - 12 Dec 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Dont give up til spring mate. if you can get through this winter, learning progressively how to be more in control, and smoother with your bike, come next summer you'll be a demon on the roads!
In my experience,
in winter, smoothness = not falling
in summer, smoothness = fast
so keep it going, and just think of it as a challenge each day, cos thats what it is.
Where do you think you get the experience to ride in this shit man?
By riding in the shit  ____________________ "Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton." |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Louise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Louise World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 May 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 10:31 - 12 Dec 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Dont give up I almost had an off few weeks back. Left Portslade around midnight, was a bit icy - I was coming up to some lights with traffic cams, car in front a while away. Lights turned, he had enough time to go but slammed his brakes on. I slowed, but that split second I thought he was going I hit the back brake, screech from the tires from sliding on ice. Bike wobbled but kept it up.
I wouldnt give up just take it easy.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TheDonUK |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TheDonUK World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Feb 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Finglonga |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Finglonga World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pie-Roe |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pie-Roe World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Feb 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:05 - 12 Dec 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Right, thanks for the reasoning people. I got the bike home today, took about half an hour to start then I had to rev the tits off it to get it going, I think the only thing I really need is a left rearset, (And some engine bars ) And when I've got some more spare cash I'll get a new clutch cover as its horribly scratched now
Pyro ____________________ Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| panpan |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 panpan Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 11 Dec 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ariel Badger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ariel Badger Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Al |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Al World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Feb 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ariel Badger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ariel Badger Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Louise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Louise World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 May 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Shay HTFC |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shay HTFC World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Mar 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:49 - 13 Dec 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Still in winter gloves, but my commute is only a 10 min journey so its ok. Although the other day I really felt the chill on my fingertips when I got to work. 1hr commute would have been a real bugger!
Also was wondering why my bike was running so shite, before I realised I'd left it on half choke Felt like such an eejit having this totally misfiring bike that already sounds bad and then having to pull over  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kris |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kris World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 18 years, 298 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|