Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Some bugger sitting on my bike!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:37 - 14 Dec 2007    Post subject: Some bugger sitting on my bike! Reply with quote

Yo homies.

Anyway, right. On Wednesday morning I went out as usual to do the morning ride to work (I use that term loosely, I'm at work now but doing this instead.) When I got down to the bike I noticed it had been moved, I have a D Lock attached to a cable going round a lamp post. The spokes where jammed up against the lock, the RVM had been moved and the headlight had been switched off.

I immediatly thought 'bugger, they've come back and had another go at it' (Some shit tried to steal it a fortnight ago.)

I got home at about 10:30 last night, on the way up the stairs I passed an incredibly drunk Polish guy. I had all my gear on so he'd have known I was on a bike. I get up to the flat, look out the window and the shit is sitting on my bike fiddling with stuff!

We have a balcony of sorts, I raced to it (flat mate recumbant on couch) and began yelling out our 3rd floor sitting room window; 'Oi, would you mind terribly removing yourself from my bike?' Well, words to that effect...

After much grunting he 'rolled' off it and asked if it was for sale. It is for sale, being on the third floor I humoured him, (didn't want to rub him up the wrong way causing him to push it over or indeed: beat me up Shocked )

Not sure if its ok to rest your bones on someone elses wheels in Poland, fucking sure its not ok here though! Only upside, I was worried the people who'd had a go at nicking it had tried again, but it turns out to be a drunk emmigre, which while not exactly fine is definitely the lesser of the two evil.

No need to comment (although do feel free,) just sharing that wit' ya'll.

Thumbs Up (But a definite Thumbs Down to the Polish guy...)
____________________
Didn't catch anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

b-f-c
Traffic Copper



Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:50 - 14 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I'd seen him, rather than shouting from 3 floors up I'd have made my way down and had a quiet word with him face to face, pointing out the errors of his ways.

Had to do this before, but I lived 9 floors up then Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:52 - 14 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put some drawing pins on the seat. Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonT
Crazy Courier



Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:31 - 14 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay him to sit on it all night so that nobody can nick it Very Happy

Thumbs Up

Everyones a winner
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:09 - 14 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

fjrat wrote:
Once I'd seen him, rather than shouting from 3 floors up I'd have made my way down and had a quiet word with him face to face, pointing out the errors of his ways.

Had to do this before, but I lived 9 floors up then Rolling Eyes


I thought about it, but wasn't sure if he'd still be there when I got down. Also, I would be the first to admit that I'm no boxer, I would rather avoid a fight with a drunk Pole, especially given there are so many in the block. (Although not necessarily all drunk...)

He was quite drunk and I doubt I'd have had any problems subduing him, but others looking on might take a different view plus; you know how folk can get with a drink...

The last thing I need is an on-going feud with the Polish Mafia. Shocked

In any case, some firm diplomacy from the balcony was enough in this instance, if he does it again I'll go down and underline my wishes face to face.

I was trying to explain to a friend why it was so out of order. I said it was like someone sitting in your car, he said 'thats not the same; the car would be locked, anyway; its not like he's doing any harm.' 'Ok' said I: 'Imagine someone wearing your slippers or sleeping on your side of the bed. That is what it's like!'

The bike felt... Odd this morning... Confused
____________________
Didn't catch anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

b-f-c
Traffic Copper



Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:12 - 14 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The bike felt... Odd this morning... Confused


Ewww... unclean

Cue the shower scene from the crying game
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:28 - 14 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

fjrat wrote:
Quote:
The bike felt... Odd this morning... Confused


Ewww... unclean

Cue the shower scene from the crying game


Annoyingly, I'm going to have to wash it again. Rolling Eyes Although technicaly, I could say its already been polished...

Haw haw.

Maybe not...

Cool
____________________
Didn't catch anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Cigaro
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:36 - 14 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I worked at Domino's I came out the back for a ciggy to find one of the polish drivers sitting on my bike. I know he wouldn't have thieved it or anything, so maybe over there it's just considered acceptable...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:41 - 14 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBassJunky wrote:
When I worked at Domino's I came out the back for a ciggy to find one of the polish drivers sitting on my bike. I know he wouldn't have thieved it or anything, so maybe over there it's just considered acceptable...


Maybe, he was shit-faced too. Also, he looked like a big bairn sitting on it: probably reliving a childhood dream.

Although he does have the choice of my 125 or a massive yellow VFR to sit on... Why he chose my hair dryer is a mystery. That said, the owner of the VFR is an 7ft Russian guy...

Maybe not such a mystery after all. Laughing
____________________
Didn't catch anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mudplug
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 07 Dec 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:56 - 14 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the feeling, that you don't want people sitting on your bike, almost like it would 'violate' it.

But how do we feel about sitting other people's bikes?

Generally I wouldn't, there have to be exceptional circumstances when I will, but we know where to check for alarms so we don't wake the neighbours, and know never to break anything...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:05 - 14 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudplug wrote:
I know the feeling, that you don't want people sitting on your bike, almost like it would 'violate' it.

But how do we feel about sitting other people's bikes?

Generally I wouldn't, there have to be exceptional circumstances when I will, but we know where to check for alarms so we don't wake the neighbours, and know never to break anything...


I'd never do it unless invited to, I just wouldn't.

To me its (almost) like: "Oh hello... I was just humping your wife; you don't mind do you?"

And I'm not even married.
____________________
Didn't catch anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 302 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.12 Sec - Server Load: 0.78 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 72.88 Kb