26%
 26%  [ 33 ]
Take it off for an easylife
26%
 26%  [ 33 ]
Take it off if asked
38%
 38%  [ 49 ]
If they don't turn on the pump just go ape sh*t drop the hose, cry and stamp your feet.
8%
 8%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 126

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:24 - 26 Jan 2008    Post subject: Taking your Lid off Reply with quote

Take your lid off or not?

edit:
Stoksie ya wee warmer ye. Smile Smile
More for pity than scolding.

Last edited by Walloper on 22:40 - 30 Jan 2008; edited 2 times in total

rblanch
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:56 - 26 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you add take it off for a breather !!! sod the forecourt i am the only one that matters here !!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

St0rmer66
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:35 - 26 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I leave it on unless asked to do otherwise. If the person asking was arsey about it then I just wouldn't go back there again. If they asked nicely then at least there would be the consideration of me going there.

Luckily the most local petrol station to me (BP) don't mind me having my helmet on.

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:08 - 26 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have said before, I have only been hassled over the helmet thing by one Hag faced obese petrol pump switcher person (assumed it may have been female).

Not been asked since.

I think they are fooled by media and folklore. While they're busy watching some poor sod fumbling with a bliddy helmet the school kids are rippin' off her crisp shelf. Laughing

Mac_Black
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:41 - 27 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would they ask tha Stig to take off his helmet?
-No.

Well actually thats sort of different because A. Tha Stigs' Helmet is his actual face and B. Hes Pro, I'm not.

But fuck em I'd never take my helmet off even if they asked nicely about it.

iloveriding
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:01 - 27 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have never been asked to take mine off,,
Tony

rezzin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:59 - 27 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never take mine off. Too much hassle to be honest,rather be in and out with no hassle,and more transactions for the petrol station in theory. Wink Have been 'reminded' nicely that i should remove my helmet on future occasions,so i agreed,and have never taken it off since. They seem pretty good about it,havent had any hassle YET. Although i may have to resort to the last option and cry my eyes out and stamp my feet. Whats with the walloper hate btw? Confused Thumbs Up

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:12 - 27 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we need another damn helmet/petrol station thread, take your helmet off when you speak to someone, it's common courtesy.

rezzin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:40 - 27 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

But i dont think many of us have full blown conversations with petrol station attendants. Laughing Cant speak for you Toby..

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:52 - 27 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:
Do we need another damn helmet/petrol station thread, take your helmet off when you speak to someone, it's common courtesy.

It was petrol stations who implemented self serve for their own benefit and profit. Not us.

They should comply not us.

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:05 - 27 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

rezzin wrote:
But i dont think many of us have full blown conversations with petrol station attendants. Laughing Cant speak for you Toby..

Sorry I didn't realise that 'speaking' to someone automatically implied that you were having a 'full blown conversation'?

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:54 - 27 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always fill up at Asda, pay at the pump!!!!!

Never have to leave the bike. I can even remain seated and still manage everything.

khoock
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 01:11 - 28 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:

Second that. Threads like this just go nowhere. So the attendant is on a power trip - so what? It's like bullies - you react, they win. We're bikers, we're supposed to be able to hold our aggro (biker+agro vs car = broken biker).
A left and a right. A left. Another left and right. An uppercut to the jaw. The fight was over. And so the ranch was saved. The young intern sat by himself in one corner of the coffee shop. He had learned about medicine, but more importantly, he had learned something about life. THE END
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

djrichieb
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 09:35 - 28 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally take my helmet off when i go to the local BP to flirt with the young lass behind the counter Laughing Laughing

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:10 - 29 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, i know i said in the other "lid off while at the pumps" thread that i dont get of the bike until i have filled up, and i dont take my lid off because the guy in the shell garage by mine is ok about it BUT....

Went there today to fill up, been there every 2days, and he wouldnt turn the pump on for me. so i walked over to the window and said i didnt know how much i was gonna put in, cos i was thinking of the pay 1st thing some places have,and he said he couldnt do it until i take my lid off.

Therefore i resorted to telling him to go fuk him self, walked back to the bike, took the pump out the tank, dropped it on the floor and rode off to tescos.

I did think about bringing up the "would you ask a woman with a veil" debate considering he was Asian, but i was tired, tetchy, cold and ill.

cuntmonkeywalffes

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:32 - 29 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thak mine of, but not for a easy life. Its out of common courtsey to the peeps behind the counter.

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:37 - 29 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take mine off anyway for a bit of a breather, it also makes the post fill up smoke easier. Laughing

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 10:39 - 29 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never been asked to take it off, but now I've got a flip-front, it should be even less of an issue Smile

a

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:54 - 29 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

gsxrmick wrote:
I take mine off anyway for a bit of a breather, it also makes the post fill up smoke easier. Laughing

DONT SMOKE NEAR PETROL YOU FULE!!!!!!

Bofh5
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:51 - 29 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

All depends on the situation really.
If i'm on my way to work and its a cold crappy morning where i've spent 15 minutes kitting up ear phones in etc and need to stop for fuel then it is a real pain to take your lid off just to fill up especially if its a pay at pump.

If i'm just out on a jolly weathers good etc then i usually take me lid off to get some air.

Even when i'm in the car filling up most of the counter staff at my local petrol stations are mardy sods who don't speak anyway. They just sit / stand there you pay then leave.

Bikes: Honda 50 / CB125-TDC / 93 CBR600 F2 (Stolen & Trashed) / 2001 SP-1 (Sold) / 95 CBR600 F3

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:15 - 29 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:
DONT SMOKE NEAR PETROL YOU FULE!!!!!!

I do walk away from the pumps. Laughing Rolling Eyes

benyyo
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:45 - 29 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac_Kaliba wrote:
Would they ask tha Stig to take off his helmet?
-No.

Well actually thats sort of different because A. Tha Stigs' Helmet is his actual face and B. Hes Pro, I'm not.

But fuck em I'd never take my helmet off even if they asked nicely about it.

Lol you have a fair point there. I would take my helmet off if i was asked.. but know one ever has so..

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:40 - 30 Jan 2008    Post subject: Re: Taking your Lid off Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:
Take you lid off or not?

edit:
Stoksie ya wee warmer ye. Smile Smile
More for pity than scolding.

Most know me around here so I dont get told to take it off, I will however take it off in shops as I feel rude otherwise for some reason.

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:08 - 30 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are people in such a hurry all the time?

Its not a pit stop, you dont need to be in, filled up and out again in under 10 seconds! Laughing

So what if you have earphones in, so what if its cold (your on a bike ffs!!! Laughing ).

The world isn't going to end if you remove your bash hat. I really cant see what the big fuss is all about, why it removing your lid such a big problem? Some of the comments on here are so funny, people getting all wound up over nothing.

Thumbs Up Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

djrichieb
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:44 - 30 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry_MC21 wrote:
Its not a pit stop, you dont need to be in, filled up and out again in under 10 seconds! Laughing

Laughing Laughing That made me chuckle. You do have a point though.

I think what is annoying half the people on here is the manor in which they are being told about it, not the fact it has to be removed. For instance being asked to remove their lid after they have filled up and before they can enter the shop.

I dont really mind to be honest. One of my local BP garages now has a 'please remove helmet' sign on its pumps. But i normally do anyway.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 101 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3