Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Pete Docherty Jailed

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Grav
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:35 - 08 Apr 2008    Post subject: Pete Docherty Jailed Reply with quote

Finally a Judge shows some spine and jails him for breaching his probation.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7337212.stm

Pete Docherty has been taking the mick out of the Justice system for far too long IMHO and this should have happened a long time ago.

snigger..... Very Happy

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 08 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

good riddance about time someone had the balls to do something.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 19:19 - 08 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I'm aware he hasn't mugged any old ladies, nicked anyone's DVD players to fund his habit. All he has done is taken some substances and probably had quite a good time doing so. He's harmed no-one but himself.

You could argue in a jump of logic it is like speeding - yes it's against the law but as long as no-one gets hurt where is the harm? Does a habitual speeder (I'm sure there are plenty here) deserve to go to prison for doing something illegal that they enjoy?

I don't like the bloke but prison for that when little scrotes are getting away with beating people half to death takes the mick a bit.

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 20:30 - 08 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree and disagree with what you said Joe.

I think its madness that drugs are illegal. It has been proved that prohibition is not working and even the class of drug does not seem to be based on any scientific evidence into long-term effects or damage to society.

For example i read a while back about a kid about 16 years old that wanted to try extacy for the first time. Picked up off a guy he didn't know and dropped at a rave/party/whatever. He was actually given a something that wasn't extacy at all (methadone i think it said) and was found dead in the morning. He didn't die because of drugs directly, IMO he died as he wanted to try a relatively safe drug (when compared with alcohol) and didn't have the access to a safe supply. Had it been legal/he had a safe source he would have not died.

I was also watching Crimewatch last week and they did there top 10 most wanted. All of the people wanted were rapists, murderers but 4th was a guy wanted for distributing Cocaine. They didn't say he had hurt anyone, just dealt some coke. He was above rapists, people that make their victims scared to leave there house. I mean yea cocaine kills but its a bit more self inflicted than someone murdering you lets be honest.

Although this said, i do think that if they are putting people in jail for these crimes they shouldn't cut celebs any slack Thumbs Up

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 08 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair point Joe,

But for me personally, I hope the parasite od's in the joint. Seems to me that theres plenty of people that are jailed for having lesser amounts of less harsh drugs but he gets caught countless times with the whole spectrum of Class A's and everytime is told "oh just go to rehab". No point in fining him , the guys got plenty of money, and no amount of community service is gonna stop a crackhead from his habit.

I;ve had the misfortune to be in proxy to bloody crackheads/smackrats and they are just the vermin of society, and its pricks like Pete Doherty that glamourise such shit. Sure he aint mugged no old ladys, but thats because he's got money to fund his habit, but without a doubt if his record label dropped him tomorrow within weeks he'd be a scavenging vulture prepared to do whatever to get a fix.

Basically I just cant stand the cretin so coudlnt give a shit if he departed this earth tomorrow, he can take Amy Winehouse with him whilst he's at it.

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 21:02 - 08 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't the problem originally highlighted by him burgling his fellow band members a few years back?

He's not been jailed for drug use, he's been jailed for the fact his drug use breaks the terms of his probation order - which carries the force of law once imposed.

Those living under a suspended sentence have had more than their fair share of warnings, and should gain no sympathy when it all comes crashing down on their head.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:33 - 08 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

He isn't really a proper rock junky. the likes of Bowie, Iggy Pop and the like did it properly. Either he does it properly or not at all. just playing with it isn't good enough and his music is crap.

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:17 - 09 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nico was a proper junkie.
https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=daFgAYAH4F4

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 10:31 - 09 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's defintly pushed drugs on groupies and the like, he's usually on it. I know because i knew some of his followers. Im all for rock and roll but keeping it quiet is a good thing.
At one point he was driving a different XJS Jag every month or something, he was stopped driving a jag on speed or coke, he had it on him and in the end was done fr possesion when he was clearly under the influence in a non legal motor.

There's a few other instances but it all add's up, the guys a bit of a looser.

When he's not on the skag, he can actually perform well. Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 10:37 - 09 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point is not that he is a smackhead, more than he keeps flaunting it and driving around whilst smacked up.

If it was you or me doing it, we'd be in for 5 years. He gets 14 weeks.

It's disgusting and reinforces the inability of the CPS to perform for it's citizens and creating a "one rule for them and one for another" society.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

T1z3R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:39 - 09 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck him! im sick of my fucking tax money paying for his fucking piss take of the judicial system. the little wank cunt!

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:12 - 10 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
I hope the parasite od's in the joint.

How is he a parasite, he aint on the dole or getting benefits, he earns his money and chooses to buy drugs and old jags with it.
GhostRider wrote:

and its pricks like Pete Doherty that glamourise such shit.

To be fair its the media that glamourise it, what do you actually know about pete doherty that the papers aint told you?

GhostRider wrote:

Sure he aint mugged no old ladys, but thats because he's got money to fund his habit, but without a doubt if his record label dropped him tomorrow within weeks he'd be a scavenging vulture prepared to do whatever to get a fix.

Probably but you dont know that, you are speculating.

I cant actually stand looking at the geezer, but I cant really give an opinion on him as all I know is what the media want us to know.

But if someone has the money to be a coke/crack/smack head then surely its up to them.

SoND
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:45 - 10 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
He's not been jailed for drug use, he's been jailed for the fact his drug use breaks the terms of his probation order - which carries the force of law once imposed

Did he do something other than use or be in possession of drugs to be put on probation in the first place?

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:59 - 10 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoND wrote:

Did he do something other than use or be in possession of drugs to be put on probation in the first place?

Murdered a few lyrics and tunes.

weemo2007
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 07:30 - 11 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How is he a parasite, he aint on the dole or getting benefits, he earns his money and chooses to buy drugs and old jags with it.

Sorry i dont believe you said that,,, young kids look up to him... How would you feel if the kid sitting on your bike idolized him and thought he was doing no wrong ???? Sorry for bring the kid into this.

Media does go OTT but photos don't lie...
Quote:
Basically I just cant stand the cretin so coudlnt give a shit if he departed this earth tomorrow, he can take Amy Winehouse with him whilst he's at it.

GhostRider
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 14:54 - 11 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

weemo2007 wrote:
Quote:

Sorry i dont believe you said that,,, young kids look up to him... How would you feel if the kid sitting on your bike idolized him and thought he was doing no wrong ???? Sorry for bring the kid into this.

maybe you dont like him, but that doesnt make him a parasite

The word parasite has a specific meaning. Look it up if you are unsure what it means.

on a separate issue that other people were talking about,

I dont agree with all this bollocks about old school junkies being somehow cooler or a proper junky.

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:01 - 11 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the point in clamping down on drugs is that they support, and are supported by, organised crime.

I don't see the harm in taking them, but behind the scenes I imagine they have had a hell of a journey to get into some monged out teenagers gullet Laughing

T

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:37 - 11 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:

I dont agree with all this bollocks about old school junkies being somehow cooler or a proper junky.

I know I said it but it was to show what a waste he is. I agree with you whole heartedly with junkies not being cool at all, but you have to , or rather, you could admire the old school for cleaning up their act or not parading it around so much and perhaps some of the music they made because of it.
Like alot of people say who are pro drugs, I'm not by the way, what you do behind closed doors is up to you as long as you are not harming anyone else.

weemo2007
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 08:05 - 12 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The word parasite has a specific meaning. Look it up if you are unsure what it means

Ok he might not be the parasite,,, but he is the ring master,,, for the media who are the parasites,,, who works there strings,,,

so at the end of the day hes the parasite leader..... Wink Wink Laughing

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:44 - 12 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

weemo2007 wrote:
Quote:
The word parasite has a specific meaning. Look it up if you are unsure what it means

Ok he might not be the parasite,,, but he is the ring master,,, for the media who are the parasites,,, who works there strings,,,

Ridiculous, he is not a parasite and he takes drugs, so what I take drugs I aint a parasite.

And dont give me all that ringleader bollocks, you are on a biking forum where people regularly flaunt tales of ton plus adventures on bikes, what if a kitten read about and decided to do it on the latest zx gsx zzr lc rd 762cc jap bike and died, could this site become ringleaders?

Giving someone who wants drugs is a whole different thing to pushing drugs.

The guy I get my weed from must get about 20 phone calls a day minimum from people pestering for weed, but those drug dealers are scum eh?
People make their own choices, the sort of people idiotic enough to look up to this twat are the sort to be taking smack anyway, smack was here before him you know, you need to stop reading into the media bullshit and hysteria so much.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:31 - 12 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_guvnor_1_uk wrote:

Ridiculous, he is not a parasite and he takes drugs, so what I take drugs I aint a parasite.

And dont give me all that ringleader bollocks, you are on a biking forum where people regularly flaunt tales of ton plus adventures on bikes, what if a kitten read about and decided to do it on the latest zx gsx zzr lc rd 762cc jap bike and died, could this site become ringleaders?

Giving someone who wants drugs is a whole different thing to pushing drugs.

The guy I get my weed from must get about 20 phone calls a day minimum from people pestering for weed, but those drug dealers are scum eh?
People make their own choices, the sort of people idiotic enough to look up to this twat are the sort to be taking smack anyway, smack was here before him you know, you need to stop reading into the media bullshit and hysteria so much.

I agree somewhat in what you are saying, supply and demand being the main gist, but what some may say is that the demand is there because of the likes of Docherty.

weemo2007
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:57 - 12 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was brought up with weed,, and i don't have a problem with recreational drug use....

Docherty and Winehouse are a different, case entirely......

Grav
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:13 - 12 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

What gets me about the slimy git is that he was offered rehab several times, he was then ordered into rehab and has had chance after chance after chance to get his act together and sort himself out.

He has been in court on numerous occasions and each time, his legal team have got him dealt with leniently.

Now then, should I, or indeed anyone else here not fortunate enough to be famous get caught for the same offences he has committed, then we would be in jail at the third court hearing. No excuses would be entertained by the Magistrates and few months behind bars would be guaranteed.

As he has money, he could afford to pay for Justice to be in his favour. You or I would have to rely on getting Legal Aid and then still get sent down.

Two tier Justice System at it's worst IMHO.

snigger..... Very Happy

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:28 - 12 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete Docherty? What team does he play for? English league? Confused

He is a prize prick anyhow... Word!

Mac_Black
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:10 - 13 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he gets shanked.
I hope that on all celeb inmates.
If this was America he'd get a V.I.P cell like a certain dumbwitted talentless hotel heiress skank that shall not be named Middle Finger Laughing Middle Finger
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 18 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2