Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Short term insurance

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

TiN
Pocket Tin



Joined: 14 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:35 - 08 May 2008    Post subject: Short term insurance Reply with quote

Hey peeps,

I'm looking to get some insurance to cover me picking up a bike and taking it home, and then sorting out proper insurance a little bit later (i.e. when I have more money). I've done a quick search on Google, but I'm at work at mo, so can't surf too much - can anyone recommend some companies for getting short term insurance? Only really a day or two, or possibly a week...

Also, can I get tax with such insurance? (assuming that I get the appropriate docs in place...)

Cheers!
____________________
TiN
dotgems.net
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

truslack
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:17 - 08 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the general concensus is to take out a policy, pick up the bike, then cancel and get a full refund.
____________________
Current: Suzuki RG 125 Gamma, Honda H100, Triumph Tiger 800XC, Suzuki SV650 (minitwin)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rawker
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:20 - 08 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bike insurer do a pay as you go i think,
Bottom left
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:30 - 08 May 2008    Post subject: Re: Short term insurance Reply with quote

TiN wrote:
Also, can I get tax with such insurance? (assuming that I get the appropriate docs in place...)


If you do what Truslack said you will be able to get it taxed. Usually there is 14 days where you can cancel the policy and get a full refund. You would have to look into this yourself Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 154 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.15 Sec - Server Load: 0.89 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 40.08 Kb