|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Asharin |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Asharin World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Oct 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:05 - 12 Oct 2008 Post subject: Suzuki Marauder |
 |
|
Don't laugh, I'm 33 and just getting into biking..sort of, tbh I am just doing so as it's cheaper on fuel
I started out with a crappy little peugeot trekker 50 a few months ago, and have quite enjoyed my time on two wheels.
However, I'd like something a little bigger. I don't really want to get anything bigger than a 125 as I have to admit I am a bit of a pansy and going over 60 on two wheels scares the shite out of me anyway!
So I was looking at bikes and saw a few Suzuki marauders, and I do like the look of them, and from what I read online they seem like pretty solid bikes. Anyone here got any comments on them? Good or bad!
Before anyone says, just do your full test and get a bigger bike, I don't really see the point right now as I only want a 125 and I can ride that on a car licence + CBT  ____________________ I can't sing: https://laughinginpurgatory.bandcamp.com and https://soundcloud.com/laughing-in-purgatory
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.
2008 Honda Dullsville 700 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Asharin |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Asharin World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Oct 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:12 - 12 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Actually, never mind. I should have just used the forum search, decent answers to my question in replies to others threads. Thanks for the help albeit indirectly
Oh and Hi, been lurking a while, registered the other day, just hadn't got around to posting til now  ____________________ I can't sing: https://laughinginpurgatory.bandcamp.com and https://soundcloud.com/laughing-in-purgatory
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.
2008 Honda Dullsville 700 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| deanoet |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 deanoet World Chat Champion
Joined: 04 Jul 2007 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:19 - 12 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
welcome to the forums
there is the honda shadow as well which is a 125cc cruiser ____________________ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CBT Passed 18th July 2007 : Previous Bikes> CG125 : Current Bike> Hornet 600 : PASSED DAS 30th Oct 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Asharin |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Asharin World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Oct 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| deanoet |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 deanoet World Chat Champion
Joined: 04 Jul 2007 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:36 - 12 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
good luck on your hunt
if you ask in workshop or here what too look out for on the bikes before you go to view sure people will help
Join up with your local area thread and someone might go with you if you want
have a look on Bike trader if you havent already  ____________________ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CBT Passed 18th July 2007 : Previous Bikes> CG125 : Current Bike> Hornet 600 : PASSED DAS 30th Oct 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Asharin |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Asharin World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Oct 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:43 - 12 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks for the advice I was originally thinking of just getting a 125 scooter, but then I decided nah, let's stop being a big girls blouse and get something with gears. Will be useful should I decide to stick with biking and get something bigger later on.
As for Bike Trader, it was seeing a marauder on there that prompted my post, although I'm not actualy going to replace my Snot green Chav machine til after Xmas.
Why do I call it the snot gereen chav machine?
because it looks like this:
https://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll68/asmodeanv/img096.jpg
My 2 yr old son is obviously a chav in the making. ____________________ I can't sing: https://laughinginpurgatory.bandcamp.com and https://soundcloud.com/laughing-in-purgatory
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.
2008 Honda Dullsville 700 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| deanoet |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 deanoet World Chat Champion
Joined: 04 Jul 2007 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:47 - 12 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
there was no need to run over the baby shark was there..  ____________________ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CBT Passed 18th July 2007 : Previous Bikes> CG125 : Current Bike> Hornet 600 : PASSED DAS 30th Oct 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Asharin |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Asharin World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Oct 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| AJI |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 AJI World Chat Champion
Joined: 07 Aug 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:48 - 13 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Glad you've found the advice you needed on the forum, and welcome :tup:
If you're not into high speeds then the 125cc cruisers are perfect because they aren't particularly quick, even compared to other 125s! They're quite heavy bikes so even the more powerful ones (like the Honda Shadow with just under 15bhp) are supposed to struggle along at just over 60mph.
They look pretty good though, and the Suzuki you're interested in is a nice looking bike. ____________________ TARMAC - Automotive blog *UPDATED 26/3/09 - Abandoned fuel stations to go electric? ~ Buy my eBay stuff!
You're gonna go far, kid |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 356 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|