|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Chriss |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Chriss World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 May 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hetzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hetzer Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| arry |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arry Super Spammer
Joined: 03 Jan 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:54 - 23 Jan 2009 Post subject: Re: Ignorance is Bliss? |
 |
|
| Chriss wrote: | With everything that's happening in the world, and the amount I get screwed over by various companies or the government, it makes me think, so I wish I was ignorant, so I'd stop getting so wound up about it? I'm actually getting to be quite an angry and depressed character! Does anyone else kind of wish they were just ignorant to the world, as the masses seem to be? Is it just me dreaming of being happy?
I kind of kick myself for writing "Liars" over my voting slip every time, but if I did vote properly, would anything change? Can it change? Will anything make it change? |
Look at it from the flip side - the reason you get annoyed is because you read the papers etc presumably? If that's the case, try to remember that sensationalist journalism sets out to do one thing, and that's not to keep you informed.
If you had the whole story, perhaps you'd be slightly less wound up and you could come to some sort of agreement with what the proposed course of action was.
Moreover, if you're that frustrated by it - you could always set out to try to make a difference in the world by getting involved with local politics etc, instead of just becoming disillusioned  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ThoughtContro... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ThoughtContro... World Chat Champion

Joined: 14 Aug 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| craigie b |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 craigie b Citizen Smith

Joined: 26 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Skudd |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Skudd Super Spammer

Joined: 01 Oct 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iooi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iooi Super Spammer

Joined: 14 Jan 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:56 - 28 Jan 2009 Post subject: Re: Ignorance is Bliss? |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| silky666 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 silky666 Captain Rulebook

Joined: 28 Aug 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 01:04 - 29 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm sadly beginning to think like Marvin the Android. 'Brain the size of a planet and all they want me to do is XYZ'.
As my sig should still say (hopefully), happiness is the reserve of the stupid sadly.
We're all fucked. Totally. Like others I tend to avoid watching the news. The sudden realisation that money, governments and law are all fictitious and plastic entities... well that irritated me.
Which is why I intend to escape England as soon as possible. Flee to somewhere hot and be amongst my kindred spirits away from media. I've lived like it many times, and its bliss. You focus on the there and then, the who and the what. Admittedly a less bohemian group might have been better, but one things for sure. Britain is killing my inner child. Rapidly. ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| silky666 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 silky666 Captain Rulebook

Joined: 28 Aug 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| silky666 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 silky666 Captain Rulebook

Joined: 28 Aug 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hetzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hetzer Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:04 - 29 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
SPEAK UP, NOBODY CAN HEAR YOU! ____________________ "There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:14 - 30 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Hetzer wrote: | SPEAK UP, NOBODY CAN HEAR YOU! |
Hey old guy, your hearing aid is busted  ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pigmo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pigmo Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 17 Dec 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 253 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|