|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Graham88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Graham88 World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:16 - 09 Jan 2009 Post subject: What do I do with a troublesome company? |
 |
|
I bought HID lighting for my car in June 08. In December one of the ballasts became faulty and wouldn't power the lights. No problem, I have a years warranty.
So I can contact the company on the 9th December and get this:
| Quote: | Hi Graham,
Please can you send the ballast back with your original invoice to:
Address
|
No problem, send it off 1st class recorded.
Get this email on the 12th December:
| Quote: | Hi Graham,
good timing! as i just opened this e-mail the post man interuppted me with your ballast, he's actually dropped it off on his way home from work which was good of him.
I won't be able to post this the new one until Monday now because today's post has already gone so please bear with me and i'll get it to you asap.
Thanks,
Kindest Regards, |
And then nothing. I've sent various emails to the company asking what's going on, with no reply. I gave the benefit of the doubt through the Christmas post, despite the fact I ordered something online on the 18th December and still got it a day later. Messaged again after Christmas to be told they weren't open until 5th January.
Annoying, but fair enough, I'll contact them then. Sent another email asking what was going on, gave my mobile number etc asked to give me a call or an email back, nothing.
Now I rang yesterday and got the answering machine, left a message explaining the situation, I was never rude, left my mobile number again and asked them to get in contact. I got nothing back.
So rang them about half an hour ago, and it just keeps ringing and ringing, tried about 5 minutes ago and it went to voicemail so I left another message.
I'm really stuck what to do now, I've never had trouble from a company before but this is really getting on my nerves now. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarkJ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarkJ World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Apr 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Graham88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Graham88 World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:22 - 09 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I won't name the business as it hasn't come to that yet, but it's located in Manchester. Not even slightly close to me or I'd go up there!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| owdamer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 owdamer World Chat Champion
Joined: 06 Oct 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CaNsA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CaNsA Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Walloper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Walloper Super Spammer

Joined: 24 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CaNsA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CaNsA Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Walloper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Walloper Super Spammer

Joined: 24 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:09 - 09 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Or you could take the short cut...
Sorted  ____________________ W-ireless A-rtificial L-ifeform L-imited to O-bservation P-eacekeeping and E-fficient R-epair |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hetzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hetzer Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| owdamer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 owdamer World Chat Champion
Joined: 06 Oct 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Graham88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Graham88 World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Graham88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Graham88 World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:38 - 12 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
This is still going on
I got a phonecall mid January explaining that they were catching up on the Christmas backlog, kind of fair enough, asked me for a few details and said a replacement would be sent out. Sorted.
Or so I thought. Waited a week, never came, tried ringing but it's always engaged or just never picked up.
Emailed several times and got a reply on the 6th February:
| Quote: | Hi, can you confirm your name, address, purchase details and tracking number of the returned part so we can check our records.
Kindest Regards,
Martin Fance |
So within 5 minutes I replied with my details.
Never got back to me, so I sent another email a couple of days later:
| Quote: | Still no response. This just isn't good enough for a company. You're phone never gets answered, I'm really not happy. |
Get another reply the next day:
| Quote: | I will repeat, can you confirm your name, address, purchase details and tracking number of the returned part so we can check our records.
Also, our telephone lines are answered all day long constantly so you need to keep trying if you can't get through.
|
Sarcastic c*nt.
I replied:
| Quote: | I will also repeat, as I already sent that info 5 minutes after you last asked for it.
"My details here"
I purchased a HID Ultra H4-3 Hi&Lo Beam Xenon Conversion Kit, 6000k Premium 35w cars.
Tracking number through Royal Mail is **************
However I know you received it, as you said you'd post one out in an email as you'd got it, but it's never arrived
Graham
|
He replied with:
| Quote: | i've just looked into this issue and found that the ballast you sent hadn't been delivered hence the reason why we've not sent you a new ballast out.
You can confirm this yourself by checking the tracking number you gave on www.royalmail.com
I don't know what e-mail you say you've received but we haven't received it, unless you can prove otherwise we can't send you another ballast and you'll have to claim off Royal mail. |
Well that's a load of shit, already had an email explaining he had received it. So my latest reply was:
| Quote: | Martin, I have quoted this Email which you sent me on the 12th December, please don't mess me about I just want my ballast and I will leave you alone.
"Hi Graham,
good timing! as i just opened this e-mail the post man interuppted me with your ballast, he's actually dropped it off on his way home from work which was good of him.
I won't be able to post this the new one until Monday now because today's post has already gone so please bear with me and i'll get it to you asap.
Thanks,
Kindest Regards,
Martin Fance"
I think that is all the proof you need, I hope I get a ballast sent out 1st class recorded in the morning.
Graham
|
I have had enough, I just want my bloody ballast. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nufkamp |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nufkamp Traffic Copper

Joined: 15 Jul 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:17 - 12 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I think it's time to stop the Mr Nice Guy act, they need a personal visit from someone big and wide. ____________________ As seen on Google Street View https://tinyurl.com/yfdvojc |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Graham88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Graham88 World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MinhDinh |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MinhDinh World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:43 - 12 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Graham, always use paypal/ebay if possible. In fact i don't trust many companies at all. I'm sure the smaller companies and even the bigger ones, have employees who take note of your card details. ____________________ Hit the G spot.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Shaun |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shaun Likes 'em bent

Joined: 17 May 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Itchy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:51 - 12 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
How much was it for? , was it over £200 or is it 250 .... if it is over this amount take them to small claims court, 99% of companies think that this is BS and nothing will happen , 99% of said companies don't show up and thus 99% of companies lose by default.
I believe Izzi81 who doesn't seem to be around much these days managed to take a company that owed her money to a small claims court and won by default.
If you CCJ them and they don't pay up within 2-4 weeks they get their credit score raped , and the banks and any lending company will impose some really high interest rates or just refuse credit altogether.
A few of my ex clients did this on trivial sums of money, they went bankrupt shortly after as their lines of credit dried up. ____________________ Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Graham88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Graham88 World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nufkamp |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nufkamp Traffic Copper

Joined: 15 Jul 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:54 - 14 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Right, time to name and shame the cheeky cnut so nobody else on here falls victim to their dubious business practices.
Spill the beans Graham. ____________________ As seen on Google Street View https://tinyurl.com/yfdvojc |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Villers |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Villers World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:10 - 14 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Can't agree more, I think we deserve to be protected from these complete arseholes. Im getting a HID kit soon, I'd hate to end up being effed about like you have been  ____________________ RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Graham88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Graham88 World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:08 - 14 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
No problem. Company is called HID's Direct.
https://www.hids-direct.co.uk/
I have now received a new ballast and it's all working, but it took 2 months
He has no problem taking your money, and I did receive my HID's quickly originally, but when it comes to warranty, he just doesn't want to know, which is unacceptable for a professional company. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Villers |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Villers World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Graham88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Graham88 World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 03:09 - 16 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
That's exactly the same situation, and I hope it never happens again.
I am glad too, HID's are the nuts  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 237 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|