Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Charming. The vultures swoop in for the unemployed- Update

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:19 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Charming. The vultures swoop in for the unemployed- Update Reply with quote

So. Applied for a job in the newspaper for 'Data Admin Clerk - Send CV and Cover letter to [address]'.
My original thought was some horrible office job transcribing reams of data into spreadsheets.

Got a text friday afternoon (4.30) telling me to phone asap on an 0844 number. They're not premium rate ones so ended up staying on the bastard phone for half an hour waiting, then they cut me off at 5.10 as they'd all buggered off (Mr. GreenThumbs Up).

Phoned today, and got told to go to to this site and email to show I've read it.

Blinding. Complete and obvious blatant scam. Haven't even got a clue whether the number I rang is premium somehow (bet I'll find out soon enough), and I'm not sure how to shop them in before anyone gets suckered in to it.

Hell. At least someone is profiting from the economic misery Thumbs Up

Brick Wall
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...


Last edited by Visitor Q on 17:37 - 06 Mar 2009; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:21 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha. Even google ads knows it.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Faldo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:23 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought all the "Earn £££s working from home" affairs were scams ? Embarassed
____________________
Current: ZZR1400
Previous: ZXR 400 L9, ZX-7R P5, ZZR 400, ZX-7R P6, Bandit 600, GSXR 750 Slingshot, DRZ400, DR650, ZX10R C1H, ZXR 750 L1, ZXR 750 L3, '99 ZX7R P4, KTM 300 EXC, ZX-9R E1, TDM850
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:23 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I've seen that before - I think it may be money laundering for 419 scams IIRC...

edit: my bad, it's not that exciting - just a plain old scam.

https://www.homeworking.com/discus/messages/17/31449.html

https://www.asa.org.uk/asa/adjudications/Public/TF_ADJ_42507.htm

Wankers.
____________________
CBR125|||GSXR400|||CBR400|||CBR400|||CB250RS|||GSXR750|||CB250RS Mr. Green
"You're clumsy, you eat too much and you behave like a 12 year old boy. But you know what? Every once in a while, you find a thumb."


Last edited by Mudskipper on 15:30 - 08 Dec 2008; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:29 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the instant 'this is a scam' alarm bell was the 'one off low fee of £25 to cover costs'

Aka.

Join up. The local office is full, would you like to work from your warm and comfy home instead. Send £25. Never hear anything else.

Tis annoying as in hindsight the ad is very obviously a scam, but at the time it just looked like an idiot advertising a shit job.

Arseholes.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Faldo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:33 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

0844 numbers are either local or national rate, not premium so that part of it wasn't a scam.

However, if you were calling from a mobile it might of cost a couple of quid.

Last thing you want when you're unemployed though!

Bastards! Twisted Evil
____________________
Current: ZZR1400
Previous: ZXR 400 L9, ZX-7R P5, ZZR 400, ZX-7R P6, Bandit 600, GSXR 750 Slingshot, DRZ400, DR650, ZX10R C1H, ZXR 750 L1, ZXR 750 L3, '99 ZX7R P4, KTM 300 EXC, ZX-9R E1, TDM850
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:33 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone from Manchester? This is the postal address I just removed from my loving cover letter.

Quote:

AJ Data Services LTD
4th Floor
59 Piccadilly
Manchester
M1 2AQ


Because simply being unemployed isn't enough. No. Torment the fuckers to.

Misanthropic... Me... Never.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Faldo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:35 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:
Anyone from Manchester? This is the postal address I just removed from my loving cover letter.


AJ Data Services LTD
4th Floor
59 Piccadilly
Manchester
M1 2AQ



As you have a little extra time on your hands at the moment, a box fecies might be in order Laughing !
____________________
Current: ZZR1400
Previous: ZXR 400 L9, ZX-7R P5, ZZR 400, ZX-7R P6, Bandit 600, GSXR 750 Slingshot, DRZ400, DR650, ZX10R C1H, ZXR 750 L1, ZXR 750 L3, '99 ZX7R P4, KTM 300 EXC, ZX-9R E1, TDM850
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:37 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

yellowninja wrote:
a box fecies might be in order Laughing !


Now that is certainly a plan.

Twisted Evil

Although I'm sure they can do DNA analysis. (not that they'd trace it now, but it flagging up years later on a full invasion search might be interesting)

Perhaps someone stole me shit... Mwuahaha.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:41 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Just send them some bricks in the post without stamps on them (get to the post box just after the collection so you don't destroy anyone elses post).

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:42 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Hi

Just send them some bricks in the post without stamps on them (get to the post box just after the collection so you don't destroy anyone elses post).



Can I cover them in turd too? Thinking

Ok, I have a mission for tomoro. Marvellous.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:49 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Bricks cost them money.

Or you could just send them empty envelopes so they have to pay to check they are not important.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:55 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Hi

Bricks cost them money.

Or you could just send them empty envelopes so they have to pay to check they are not important.

All the best

Keith


How much does a brick weigh? In pounds obviously Wink
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:57 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Depends. Remember it needs to go into a post box to go without a stamp so needs to be pretty slim.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:00 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Hi

Depends. Remember it needs to go into a post box to go without a stamp so needs to be pretty slim.

All the best

Keith


Pieces of paving slab inside padded envelopes, marked 'URGENT'.

Whistle
____________________
CBR125|||GSXR400|||CBR400|||CBR400|||CB250RS|||GSXR750|||CB250RS Mr. Green
"You're clumsy, you eat too much and you behave like a 12 year old boy. But you know what? Every once in a while, you find a thumb."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SoND
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:09 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smash them up first so it's a big bag of gravel.

I found this little gem, maybe you could recreate it successfully?

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/SoND/condomcrap.jpg?t=1228749171
____________________
Go back to bed - You have no rights - "Streetfighters ~ Mainstream motorcycling's crackwhore sister."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Faldo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:52 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoND wrote:
Loads of funny shit!


Awesome. Laughing

I love the internet. It's great when people have total anonymity and post real life stranger than strange random stuff!
____________________
Current: ZZR1400
Previous: ZXR 400 L9, ZX-7R P5, ZZR 400, ZX-7R P6, Bandit 600, GSXR 750 Slingshot, DRZ400, DR650, ZX10R C1H, ZXR 750 L1, ZXR 750 L3, '99 ZX7R P4, KTM 300 EXC, ZX-9R E1, TDM850
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tatters
Exxon Valdez



Joined: 05 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:30 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

steel flat bar, very heavy in small lengths fits through a postbox


used to a common joke to put loads in engineers tool cases before they left site to fly back to the UK.



https://www.gauermetal.com/images/gauer_bar.jpg
____________________
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650,KZ750 Present:G650XC,C12,CRF450X,1190ADV
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:37 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

tatters wrote:
steel flat bar, very heavy in small lengths fits through a postbox


[/img]


Will have a route around in my garage.

They shall rue the day they ever cocked about with a bored and unemployed yob on a comedown.

Ooh the little swines.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rowey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:45 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoND wrote:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/SoND/condomcrap.jpg?t=1228749171


OMG! My chest is hurting! I just laughed so hard.
____________________
ZX6R C6F.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tonka
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:27 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:
yellowninja wrote:
a box fecies might be in order Laughing !


Now that is certainly a plan.

Twisted Evil

Although I'm sure they can do DNA analysis. (not that they'd trace it now, but it flagging up years later on a full invasion search might be interesting)

Perhaps someone stole me shit... Mwuahaha.



Hey, silly use dog poo, not your own - it's already in plastic bags in the bins if you don't have a dog of your own!! Sick
____________________
'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile



Joined: 26 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:17 - 09 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scams that prey on the jobless are distusting, as many are so eager for a job interview that they dont see the signs.

Hang in there bonny, im sure something will come up Thumbs Up
____________________
99 RS125 --> 02 SV650s --> 03 Speed Four --> 92 RXS100 --> 93 CB400sf --> 01 CB600f Hornet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:38 - 09 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:
Anyone from Manchester? This is the postal address I just removed from my loving cover letter.

Quote:

AJ Data Services LTD
4th Floor
59 Piccadilly
Manchester
M1 2AQ
...

Confused
Odd, as a google got this company info
UK Data Ltd wrote:
NETHOMEWORKERS LIMITED
Registered No.06362568
Address: 98 ROWAN AVENUE, WASHINGTON, NE38 9AG...


Just thought I'd add for completeness.
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

SoulRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:27 - 09 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got some weird looks at work for trying so hard not to burst out laughing when i was reading that. Quality post Thumbs Up
____________________
My Bike Pics
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:05 - 09 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

map wrote:


Odd, as a google got


Quite possibly, but the scammer originally put the Manc address to send paper copes of CV/cover letter. Which means they're reading them this side...

And mum is picking up loads of random envelopes and an 'Urgent' stamp from work today Thumbs Up

Now all I need is a bomb... I mean brick Thinking
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 308 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.12 Sec - Server Load: 5.15 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 142.31 Kb