Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


RF600R fuelling problem

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:40 - 18 Mar 2009    Post subject: RF600R fuelling problem Reply with quote

Hi all I just bought an RF600R, '93 model, 28k on the clocks.

It's in reasonable nick, got it for 600 quid, pictures to follow.

However, I have a problem with it. For some strange reason when I exceed 90mph (on track ofc), it makes all the symptoms of running out of fuel, then when I turn the tap to reserve it's fine. When I slow down more, or stop the bike and turn it back to on, it's fine.

It also only does 80 miles to reserve, then another 45 odd 'til empty, which I find a bit odd, surely it should be more like 105 and 20?

I haven't had time to check over the pipes and stuff, I'm gonna shove some redex through it in case it's dodgy fuel/slime/rust/crap, because the guy I bought it off hadn't used it for 7 months.

Pyro
____________________
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dibbster
Nearly there...



Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:56 - 18 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

125 miles on a full tank?

When I had mine it did a lot more than that :S
____________________
Suzuki RF 600 - The two wheeled Testarossa (Deceased)
Suzuki GSXR - Now stops on a sixpence; SBK3's Thumbs Up
www.bikepics.com/members/dibbster
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:23 - 18 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have got a renegade straight through on it, and I've been riding it hard to see what it can do? Idk, how much were you getting from a tank?

It's got better now I've run a tank of fresh fuel through it though, so might just be a case of flushing out all the old crap.

Pyro
____________________
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 202 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.73 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 35.8 Kb