|
|
| Author |
Message |
| The Tot |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Tot World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jun 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:21 - 30 Mar 2009 Post subject: Riding appriasal peeps... what's the next step for me? |
 |
|
Right, it was pretty sunny and i've broken up for easter, but since i've got to finish off my disertation, i decided to stay up for a few weeks in Loughborough, taking the opportunity to have a hoon down my local roads. Thought it would be a good idea to get people's opinions how I ride, since i had a discussion with my mates when i was drunk/mashed/stoned over the last few days that my riding has changed since getting the blade; and that my mates who rode pillion all complimented me.
Anyway, I thought I'd like to see what people's reactions are on my riding
BladeTot Goes out on one Youtube link
BladeTot Goes out on one FBlink
Needless to say, i need to know what my next step is; i want to get more kicks out of my riding since i feel that pushing it on the road will be too much, but i also feel that i've got a LOT to learn on the roads despite having about 55k miles under my belt (which considering I've just turned 22 is a lot for 2 wheels).
Either way, feel free to browse my youtube channel.. for comparison, there's a few vids of me on my ZX6R from 2 years ago; the riding leaves something to be desired.. and NO I don't do knee downs or wheelies; I don't see the need in wrecking a perfectly good, healty bike.
How i used to ride... rather reckless
Many thanks
Tit ____________________ The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| OssY |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 OssY Nearly there...

Joined: 12 Jan 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| AppleJoe |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 AppleJoe Brolly Dolly

Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:35 - 30 Mar 2009 Post subject: Re: Riding appriasal peeps... what's the next step for me? |
 |
|
Doesn't seem reckless to me  ____________________ Full licence from 16/4/08
Previously: '56 YBR125 - Current: K1 SV650S |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Tot |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Tot World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jun 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Stevie B |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Stevie B Crazy Courier

Joined: 22 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:51 - 30 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Quote: | If you think i'm safe enough, then that's cool. Iif you don't, then i suggest you hop on the back or follow me in a car and give me feedback. I personally don't think I'm a reckless rider and having had my fair share of silly moments on the ZX6R, I've learnt to treat things with more respect.
If you think I ride dangeroursly, then you're probably not an observant rider/driver ... that's my opinion anyway. |
I get the feeling that even if someone did suggest that you could do something better, you're not going to take it onboard and just pass it off as someone that isn't "observant" enough.
This would have been better titled "I think I'm quality, those who agree join the rimming queue".
*constructive* As mentioned it would be good to see a better camera view, impossible to really take anything from that film */constructive* ____________________ Past: Katana 50, NSR125RR, FZR600r, CB-1 Present: TRX850 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MaybeGuy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MaybeGuy Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Mar 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:00 - 31 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
shit camera angles make for great watching.
heres another example...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j606pP8g5FU
find some corners... i got a little bored and skimmed through, and it looks like its all straight roads?
go faster, lean more, dont die and dont get caught being naughty. ____________________ Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!!
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Howling TerrorOutOfOffice |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Howling TerrorOutOfOffice Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Dec 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Tot |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Tot World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jun 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:53 - 31 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Stevie B wrote: |
I get the feeling that even if someone did suggest that you could do something better, you're not going to take it onboard and just pass it off as someone that isn't "observant" enough.
This would have been better titled "I think I'm quality, those who agree join the rimming queue".... | err how about no ... i was trying to be serious for once, and i wanted people to pass judgement on my riding style. With spring coming up, a load of my mates had been on the back of the bike and all agreed they had a good time, but because it was their first time, they don't know what the ideal peception of "safe riding was" and to be honest, I feel confidently quick enough for the roads, but not sure if it was perceived to be dangerous or reckless.
| Stevie B wrote: |
*constructive* As mentioned it would be good to see a better camera view, impossible to really take anything from that film */constructive*. | .. noted... but try filming through a dark smoked screen on an ATC2K and you'll see what I mean; equipment limitations and limited mounting points prevail
You obviously don't know my humour, sarcasm, or downright political incorrectness or anything like that Just because I'm a bit of a nutter in person, doesn't mean that i can't be taken seriously.
Nevertheless, Got a lot of constructive observations from guys on facebook... Gaz and G both agreed that my positioning on left hand bends needs working on since Gaz said i'm pretty much in the left 1/3rd for most of them. Need to get into the mindframe that you got to be comfortable sticking in the middle for left handers for visibility rather than runnign it wide cos you're in the gutter approaching a leftie.
I used to get a lot of stick a while ago when i used to do group rideouts and what with the ride-out season starting soon, i wanted to get my act together. I feel obliged that if i'm going on group ride outs (particularly with recently passed guys in the uni bike club) that i should try to lead by example to prevent any noobs making similar mistakes. Its always nice to follow a guy who'se had quite a bit of experience in comparison to when you first started off. I kinda owe my biking spurt to the guys at Uni, so again it's always nice and gratifying if the guys that follow you take the positive aspects out of riding... rather than hearing from somebody they've lamped their bike into a ditch!
I guess cos i'm on a thou, there's the potential to get really silly on the roads, so I wanted to make sure i get things right before I get myself or others potentially endangered. In the end, I know there's a limit on the road; just need to make sure i appreciate where it is.
So that's why i stuck this video up! It's not a "lets bumfuck him because he's cooooo'"... i don't need anybody to tell me dat i'm coo' , just need to know if people's perceptions of my riding are safe... that is all. ____________________ The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| D O G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 D O G World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wafer_Thin_Ham |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wafer_Thin_Ham Super Spammer

Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 09:17 - 31 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
If you aren't enjoying riding the blade, get a 600 again. ____________________ My Flickr |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Stevie B |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Stevie B Crazy Courier

Joined: 22 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 09:29 - 31 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Titz wrote: | | Stevie B wrote: |
I get the feeling that even if someone did suggest that you could do something better, you're not going to take it onboard and just pass it off as someone that isn't "observant" enough.
This would have been better titled "I think I'm quality, those who agree join the rimming queue".... | err how about no ... i was trying to be serious for once, and i wanted people to pass judgement on my riding style. With spring coming up, a load of my mates had been on the back of the bike and all agreed they had a good time, but because it was their first time, they don't know what the ideal peception of "safe riding was" and to be honest, I feel confidently quick enough for the roads, but not sure if it was perceived to be dangerous or reckless.
| Stevie B wrote: |
*constructive* As mentioned it would be good to see a better camera view, impossible to really take anything from that film */constructive*. | .. noted... but try filming through a dark smoked screen on an ATC2K and you'll see what I mean; equipment limitations and limited mounting points prevail
You obviously don't know my humour, sarcasm, or downright political incorrectness or anything like that Just because I'm a bit of a nutter in person, doesn't mean that i can't be taken seriously. |
So this a humourous post...? How does me understanding your humour have anything to do with commenting on your riding. Titz, I know from your posts what you're like, you're exactly like the majority of mates from Uni and home so I've nothing against you, I just replied in a serious manner as that was how I thought the original post was intended. Although looking bad now may have been a tad harsh, few beers last night you see.
Anyway, back OT I'll be interested to see what the other feedback is like as I spent most of yesterday on the bike trying to improve my corner entry and exit techniques, then just bimbling down the straights to the next one. ____________________ Past: Katana 50, NSR125RR, FZR600r, CB-1 Present: TRX850 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Tot |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Tot World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jun 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:52 - 31 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Haha fair enough Steve; i kinda overreacted too.. (that said, i was a bit monged since I was home alone).
Going on a ride tomorrow with one of my mates I used to ride with; he suggested the be on the opposite side of the road when approaching a left hander to get a proper view through it and get on the gas a lot earlier when you can clearly see the exit.
But to be honest, nothing can be done with the camera cos it's only an ATC2K... i tried it on the wing mirror and since the blade doesn't have a H-frame brace as such (unlike the 6R), it flexes too much when you put it on stalk.... The circumference of the mounting point is way too large for the stalk.
Mounting it on the tank will just get a good shot of the air... Mounting it on the helmet would be ideal, BUT buffeting will be an issue (i suppose backpack strap will be a good way)... but it's a crap setup since ideally a 2 cam setup would be better for stereo vision... Or a DogCam setup (when i have the funds). ____________________ The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:21 - 31 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lurker |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lurker Trackday Trickster
Joined: 19 Sep 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| fast_tzr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 fast_tzr World Chat Champion

Joined: 02 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 183 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|