Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


So who HERE has taken the new test?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Josh91
Nova Slayer



Joined: 06 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:46 - 07 May 2009    Post subject: So who HERE has taken the new test? Reply with quote

i've got my theory soon, and intend on passing my test ASAP. (going to have a few extra lessons of course)

i was wondering who here has took the new test and what they thought of it?

thanks

josh
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:14 - 07 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching the new test being done ( part 1) today. Out of the 4 that took it while I was there none passed, but in saying that none had ever done a practice on the test either. The first time they had ever done or seen it was on the test, two of the lads hadn't been on the bike they were being tested on before either. No wonder they failed. Fail to prepare = prepare to fail.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

krytenboog
Nova Slayer



Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:00 - 10 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took and passed my module one test at Cleckheaton on 7th May. I had two hours practice with BUMPYS of Birstall beforehand on the same day. It was quite straightforward, just did the normal obs etc as if I was riding on the road and took my time where that was allowed. The figure of eight and slalom were easy as the bike (cb500) went round on tickover, the garage was simply pushing the bike from one place to another. The swerve is the point most people will fail on I think as it is very easy to hit the cone, geting up to speed was not difficult and I had 57/58 KPH for the swerve and controlled stop. I did the controlled stop twice on my test, not because I was too slow but because for some reason I bypassed the speed measuring device Very Happy THe instructor was fine and just told me to do it again.

I had no minors so I guess the same rules re following instructions apply on this as on the old test.

Four people took the test while I was there and 3 passed, the one who failed rode fine but just caught a cone on the swerve test and Im sure will pass next time easily.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JP7
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:48 - 10 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
I was watching the new test being done ( part 1) today. Out of the 4 that took it while I was there none passed, but in saying that none had ever done a practice on the test either. The first time they had ever done or seen it was on the test, two of the lads hadn't been on the bike they were being tested on before either. No wonder they failed. Fail to prepare = prepare to fail.


I agree entirely with what you've said, when I did my DAS my training school asked me to be a guinea pig for the new Module 1 and try some of the exercises before the launch of the test.

The feedback I gave them, having done it, was almost what you've said word for word. I said students would definitely need some practice time for the manoeuvres, on the bike that they would be tested on. Especially the swerve test.

As long as people get a bit of practice time in, there should be no reason why they should fail.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 147 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.97 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 40.88 Kb