Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Mobile Phones

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Hadies
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 05 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:33 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Mobile Phones Reply with quote

Hey all. T-mobile just called me and offered me an upgrade on my current phone (LG viewty (absolute wank)) and wondering if there are any decent phones out atm? I haven't really come across anything special other than the iphone but they're everywhere now.
Any suggestions?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer



Joined: 03 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:37 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you want from a phone?

I personally like my LG Renoir, but if you don't like fiddly touch screens then it's going to piss you off.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hadies
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 05 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:49 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to want a really good camera from a phone but I'm not too bothered about that now.
I've been completely put off by touch screen phones because of my viewty. The only touch screen I've used thats worked well is the iphone.
I just want a decent interface and a good music player (the viewtys is awful). I also wouldn't mind sat nav now . . .
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pernig
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:33 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a go on the Nokia 5800 and it's actually very easy to use. I'm definitely considering one for my next phone.
____________________
H100 Breaking for spares
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hadies
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 05 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:37 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was offered the nokia 5800 today on a £25 for 800 mins and unlimited texts which i thought was pretty good. Never seen the phone in the flesh tho. Probs best off going to the shops to try them out.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:06 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nokia 5800 is a very good phone. Smile
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:52 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: Mobile Phones Reply with quote

Hadies wrote:
Hey all. T-mobile just called me and offered me an upgrade on my current phone (LG viewty (absolute wank)) and wondering if there are any decent phones out atm? I haven't really come across anything special other than the iphone but they're everywhere now.
Any suggestions?


Shocked Since when as the iPhone been classed as special?

As said go round the shops and try a few different ones. Thumbs Up
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bladerunner
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:11 - 09 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I due to upgrade my N95 8gb and aint seen much that I really wanted...untill a mate turned up today with his new samsung 8910i omnia (I think) I didnt like the idea of touch screen but it seems to work as well as an iphone and does hd vid nice oled 3.7" screen etc and symbian os which I need for my apps....if your in the shops go look at one..has all the stuff I'm after and seriously thinking of it in a month or 2..I'll see how he likes it after the novelty has worn off Wink
____________________
Current bikes...cbr929, KDX200's, Rd125lc mk2, RGV250's
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Seb
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:44 - 09 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The samsung i8910 is interesting, it's software's based around S60 5th edition (Aka Nokia 5800 and N97) but it also has a capacitive touch screen (iPhone) as opposed to the more traditional resistive.

The one thing that puts me off is the potential lack of nigh essential firmware updates from samsung.

The N97 is out sim free now with contracts coming over the next few weeks and is well worth a glance, but again, remember that it's inevitably going to be buggy for a month or two.
____________________
2010 Triumph 1050 Sprint ST
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 117 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 1.04 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 60.47 Kb