|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Sachstasy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sachstasy Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 08 Jul 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 16:14 - 09 Jul 2009 Post subject: XL125 - VIDEO of it running, popping & banging. Help? |
 |
|
Hey again guys.
Right, I had the bike running yesterday night and this morning, Went off into the field with it..
Came back today, Got into the garden and.. BANG.
The bike now won't start without it being bump started, Kick starting does nothing but knacker me out.
Before it popped, it did cough and splutter at high-ish revs...
Could this be piston rings? I cleaned the carb out too, everything was in order etc.
VIDEO.
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/cvh_oncarbs/th_Video0019.jpg
I don't know if your going to be able to hear it properly, but you can definately hear it missing.
I assume it's going to be sparking issues, it's a brand new spark plug so..
Totally baffled. It also whistles when it's revving :S |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| carlperkins00... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 carlperkins00... Crazy Courier

Joined: 16 Jun 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:34 - 10 Jul 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
god that sounds weird!! did the seat fall off?? haha.
on a serious note though... i have no idea. but me posting this reply will bump the topic to the top of the list where someone who can help you will be more likely to see it.
haha  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bladerunner |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bladerunner World Chat Champion
Joined: 09 Sep 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:07 - 10 Jul 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
the sound on that clip is useless as the phone cuts the sound out if it's to loud!!! And that must have been far to loud
It's an xl125 R which was cdi rather than the xl125 S which was points so it wont be that!
Have you checked the compression? couldnt see any evidence of smoke in the vid though
Also if you unscrew the HT cap and hold it about 8-10mm away from a metal earth point and kick it over will it jump at least an 8mm gap? if so your coil etc are up to the job.
Last things to go looking through are things like valve clearance...if the valve gap is to small it could be holding the valve open a little causing it to miss fire and the such. You have already checked the carb so that I assume is right! ____________________ Current bikes...cbr929, KDX200's, Rd125lc mk2, RGV250's |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| yuri2085 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 yuri2085 World Chat Champion
Joined: 05 Jul 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Paddy Blake |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Paddy Blake World Chat Champion
Joined: 29 Jun 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ash-2009 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ash-2009 Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 02 Mar 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:19 - 11 Jul 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
lol i had the same problem with my on-road xr 125 04 model after i took kt off road i got a vid on youtube what it used to do is ths simlar if so mine fixed it self lol after time all i done was treat her to a full tank of petrol with a strong mix of red ex the carb cleaning one watch it tho as i did buy thr rong one at first for car injectors lol :S
Heres The Link .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CopFXv5REt4
sorry if im not ment to do that |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sachstasy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sachstasy Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 08 Jul 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 19:44 - 11 Jul 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks for the replies guys.
Right, I've been to the Honda centre by me, and they assure me the plug they gave me was right. I've checked over the cap, and coil, and they both seem to be ok.
I'm going to be scouring Ebay for a replacement coil, if it works after that then it's all good.
I'm not brave enough to take the head apart lol, How do I check the clearances, and compression? It definately feels like there is enough compression through the kick start.
I shall get a better video, I'll get my brother to rev it whilst I video from afar.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| willi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 willi Spanner Monkey
Joined: 11 Feb 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:10 - 11 Jul 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
you said you cleaned the carb. i say you need to clean it again.take all jets out and inspect them and blow them clean aswell as the jet ports in the carb with compressed air. it sounds like carb issues to me.  ____________________ https://www.metacafe.com/watch/1972097/how_to_behave_on_a_forum/
wat goes around comes around. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sachstasy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sachstasy Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 08 Jul 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sachstasy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sachstasy Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 08 Jul 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 23:43 - 11 Jul 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Blue_SV650S wrote: | I can't really hear much from the vid.
Have you taken the spark plug out and inspected it?
Have you tried putting the old sparkplug back in?
It is possible to get a duff sparkplug.
Also was it wet round the field? You might want to try WD40 on the HT leads and cap.
Finally, if it is CDI ignition, is the pickup on a plate?? i.e. if it is on a plate, then it may have rotated and hence put the ignition out.
I doubt it is rings BTW as I'd expect it be smoking badly ... it also sounds like it runs fairly slowly, another indication it prolly has compression. |
I really have no idea about motorbikes, and it seems people I know that KNOW bikes, don't wanna help lol! As said I will get a better video, with better sound etc.
Thanks for all the replies.
Also, does anyone know of any engines that will go straight in? as i'm thinking of binning the 125.. I know they made a 185, and a 200, and 250.. And of course the 600... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 89 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|