Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Derestricted it!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

one1895
I liked BCF so much I made my own copy



Joined: 12 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:36 - 18 Jul 2003    Post subject: Derestricted it! Reply with quote

Yes indeed I have took both restrictors out and oh my god does it go faster or what. Shocked As soon as I hit about 6,000/7,000 revs it accelerates real quick! Powerbands?

Neway if neone else has a restricted honda NSR I advise you to take them out it is sooooooo much better! The exhaust restrictor is a bit of a b*stard but it comes out in the end. Smile

Thankyou to NSR125.com for instructions. Very Happy
Cam.
____________________
Hull & Yorkshire Bikers - Sheffield & Yorkshire Bikers - Manchester Bikers - Nottingham Bikers
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Crazy Manx Man
The Fly Swatter



Joined: 26 Oct 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:09 - 19 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

err...As no one posted here. Congrats.
____________________
Too Fast For Even The Plod To Keep Up With
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

one1895
I liked BCF so much I made my own copy



Joined: 12 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:32 - 19 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man Smile at least someones kind enough to post a reply..... Rolling Eyes
____________________
Hull & Yorkshire Bikers - Sheffield & Yorkshire Bikers - Manchester Bikers - Nottingham Bikers
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:33 - 19 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's just that most of the people on here have seen 50 other such threads... and half have done it themselves anyway Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

one1895
I liked BCF so much I made my own copy



Joined: 12 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:09 - 19 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, still.. a few words isn't too much to ask for. *sniff sniff* Crying or Very sad

Razz
____________________
Hull & Yorkshire Bikers - Sheffield & Yorkshire Bikers - Manchester Bikers - Nottingham Bikers
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Archon
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 12 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:02 - 20 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done. How fast does it go now then? And how fast did it go before?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git



Joined: 02 Jul 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:04 - 20 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

one1895 wrote:
Yeah, still.. a few words isn't too much to ask for. *sniff sniff* Crying or Very sad

Razz

Well done, I'm glad you feel like you have achieved something Very Happy
____________________
I spend all my money on bikes and beer, the rest I simply waste!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

iain12345
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 08 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:55 - 20 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the way every now and then people come on here saying "WOW" after doing the de-restriciton. Congrats mate! Don't go and crash the thing (/me whistles)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

one1895
I liked BCF so much I made my own copy



Joined: 12 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:02 - 20 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archon wrote:
Well done. How fast does it go now then? And how fast did it go before?


It went around 80 max before, I haven't topped it out yet but it gets to that speed with ease now. Very Happy

PsychoHippy wrote:
Well done, I'm glad you feel like you have achieved something


Cool

iain12345 wrote:
I love the way every now and then people come on here saying "WOW" after doing the de-restriciton. Congrats mate! Don't go and crash the thing (/me whistles)


I'm not suprised they come on here n say wow cuz it does make quite a big difference indeed... I haven't crashed it yet, I just gotta makesure not to get the powerband kicking in when I'm going round a corner. Razz


Cam.
____________________
Hull & Yorkshire Bikers - Sheffield & Yorkshire Bikers - Manchester Bikers - Nottingham Bikers
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Lee
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 02 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:20 - 20 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats one1895! Hope its more fun for ya now Very Happy Hows the acceleration compared to before?

I've only had my NSR 8 days, and i tried to have a look yesterday for the intake restrictor, problem was (silly me) i only had about 45 mins to spare, so i printed out the guide from nsr125.com and went out and took the tank, airbox etc etc off. Then i undid the brake servo tray bolt and unclipped it, but couldnt seem to move it out of the way far enough to get to where the intake restrictor is. Theres a massive chunk of loom i couldnt really move too much, and didnt want to force it incase anything broke! I'd really like to get mine derestricted, cause mine bottles it big time at 80mph, and i wouldnt mind some better acceleration! Laughing

Anyone have any tips for a newbie to get that plate/tray thing moved so i have some more space to work? thanks Very Happy

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread Razz but didnt want to annoy everyone by starting another 'derestricting nsr' thread!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

one1895
I liked BCF so much I made my own copy



Joined: 12 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:35 - 20 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem dude. Cool

Accelerations about as same as it was before until the powerbands kick in around 7,000 rpm - and then it really does shift. Shocked

As for the derestricting.. I had a problem getting beneath the black plastic tray aswell - but all I did was:

unclip the thick black taped cable which contains all the electric cables,
undo the black clip to the top left (as if you're facing fwd sat on the bike),
unclip the round rubber thing on the right which holds the tray to the frame,
and last of all get some electrical tape and wrap it round the plastic tray so it's moved towards your handle bars, so it's pulled out of the way and you can access the intake.

You still won't have full access to it but with a socket set it should be easy.. that's what I did anyway.

Oh yeah - you might want to make sure you've got a couplea hours (or more) to spare for the exhaust restrictor.. it can be a right shitter to get out.

Cam.
____________________
Hull & Yorkshire Bikers - Sheffield & Yorkshire Bikers - Manchester Bikers - Nottingham Bikers
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR125Guy
Guest





PostPosted: 17:55 - 20 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

see... name changed from Noob!!! (newbie!)

I derestricted my bike couple weeks ago and it does make a helluva difference. hit 7k rpm and nail it to 10k in each gear, should hit 60 in 5-6sec and mine goes all way to a ton now, easy!.

And yeah that tray thing is a bitch, i just kept it out the way with my hand and its tight but there is enough room to get the restrictor out. advice: use a ratchet socket with an extension bar to get down to the bolts on the intake rubber, having the right tools is half the battle.

as for the exhuast, dont attempt it til you get down b&q and pick up some high speed metal drill bits!!!

Good luck, you'll have no probs, its piece of piss!!

Enjoy it Very Happy Twisted Evil
 Back to top
You must be logged in to rate posts

Lee
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 02 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:53 - 20 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips guys Very Happy I'm off work for a week starting tuesday so i'm gonna give it another try then! As for the 'zaust restrictor, i'm going to take it down to my dads work where one of the panelbeaters is going to cut the welds with some special torch thing (not a blowtorch, which i would imagine will just put a hole in the exhaust! he says he's done a few before), hopefully saving me £15,000 in drillbits Razz

Thanks again!
Lee
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

True Blue
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Feb 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:24 - 20 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one. good innit Very Happy
____________________
Past >>>> Honda NSR 125 >>>> Suzuki GSXR 600 K1 >>>> Suzuki GSXR 600 K4 >>>>Kawasaki Z1000 DAF >>>>Suzuki RMZ 250 >>>> Current >>>> KTM Superduke R 1290 >>>>
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

one1895
I liked BCF so much I made my own copy



Joined: 12 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:22 - 21 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

True Blue wrote:
nice one. good innit Very Happy


It is indeed. Very Happy Cool
____________________
Hull & Yorkshire Bikers - Sheffield & Yorkshire Bikers - Manchester Bikers - Nottingham Bikers
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 23 years, 85 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.58 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 92.82 Kb